• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Toki767

I think the WWE needs to find a way to make up lost revune or cycle out talent from house shows.

Guys like CM Punk, Kurt Angle, and even Benoit might still be in the WWE if the work schedule wasn't that Crazy. Nash left the WWE not because of the money but because he got sick of working 4-5 matches every week plus travel. It's why Brock left the WWE to pursue football. The house show schedule tears people up.

They'd be fine if they didn't have two touring rosters. Their house show revenue can't be that much. They could easily alternate rosters every week too.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Brock's going soft. All hail Rusev.

Rusev2.gif

Titus, my best wrasslegaf friend, how are you?
Your avatar threw me off, pal.

Fox318

His matches are also more about him hitting people so they are not the hardest of matches to work.

Nothing compared to the amount of work he would've to put on UFC.

I think if Brock wants to fight he wants Cain. If he wanted cash I'm sure CBS would pay him 10,000,000 to destroy Kimbo Slice or kickbox Bill Goldberg.

Cain would destroy Brock now at Brock's age and I think he knows it.

They'd be fine if they didn't have two touring rosters. Their house show revenue can't be that much. They could easily alternate rosters every week too.

http://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-q3-financials-live-event-business-13/

In Q3, they made $25 million off live events. Now, let's assume 50% of that is RAW and Smackdown tapings. So, you're down to $12 million a quarter off house shows. That's nearly $50 million a year.

So, assuming the 2nd brand is doing about 40% of the total revenue, that's $20 million a year you want the WWE to give up - I'm sorry, but Kurt Angle wasn't going to bring in $20 million in extra revenue in his last couple of years.

I'm still surprised that WWE had Lesnar job to Goldberg at Mania XX

Both guys were leaving, Goldberg was the face, and Lesnar brought up leaving out of nowhere in the leadup to Wrestlemania.

Fox318

I'm still surprised that WWE had Lesnar job to Goldberg at Mania XX

Meltzer said on the lapsed fan podcast that the company was so looking forward to having Goldberg job to Lesnar because Goldberg refused to do any other dates despite being making a ton of money.

Then mania comes and the news about Brock breaks and Goldberg is the face.

It's probably why Goldberg won't make it into the hall of fame. He just didn't enjoy the business on any level and he didn't respect it.

kiguel182

Meltzer said on the lapsed fan podcast that the company was so looking forward to having Goldberg job to Lesnar because Goldberg refused to do any other dates despite being making a ton of money.

It's probably why Goldberg won't make it into the hall of fame. He just didn't enjoy the business on any level and he didn't respect it.

Triple H also hates Goldberg so that's going to make it hard for him to get in.

And by respect the business, you mean do extra work for free.

Fox318

And by respect the business, you mean do extra work for free.
IIRC on the podcast Meltzer said they wanted to pay Goldberg more he just refused to work more dates. After Summerslam Brock signed a new agreement that said the WWE could use him whenever they wanted. They just had to pay him his appearance fee. He wanted to work during that time but the WWE didn't want to use him.
Triple H also hates Goldberg so that's going to make it hard for him to get in.

I don't think he is going to hold Grudges like Vince. HHH fucking hated Warrior and he brought him back in.

Fox318

I'd have to take Goldberg's side on that one. Considering how the only reason they brought him in was to try to prove to everyone that he wasn't a star.

I think its shit like this where you point to the corprate culture and how it really fucks up the product.

Austin had to fight with creative to keep his character over considering some of the stupid ideas they had.

Same could be said for HHH. The Mania 21 match with Batista they wanted to have on Raw. Except after Montreal HHH had political capital to work off of.

Vince is somebody who is addicted to conflict. He wants employee's who get up in his face and fight with him about the creative. Except the marketplace is different for wrestlers today and unless they want to get their face smashed in like Punk they have nowhere else to go.

Toki767

Do you guys think Vince thinks Brock Lesnar finally reached for that brass ring? Or is Cena still the last one in Vince's mind that did it?

Fox318

Do you guys think Vince thinks Brock Lesnar finally reached for that brass ring? Or is Cena still the last one in Vince's mind that did it?
Brock Lesnar is...
Brock Lesnar is the brass ring.

beaten.

Again this is what Vince respects. Here is an snipit from an Article on Shane McMahon.
Shane McMahon was 15 the first time he quit the family business. It was his third summer working in World Wrestling Entertainment’s Stamford, Conn., warehouse, stuffing programs, mailing merchandise, learning the business from the bottom up just as his father Vincent Kennedy McMahon had from his dad Vincent James McMahon. But he was barely making a dent in his car fund, and his dad refused to give him a raise. So he hit the pavement.

On his third day of job hunting, McMahon landed a construction gig starting at around $400 a week, triple what he banked at the WWE warehouse. He recalls the look on his father’s face when breaking the news to him. He saw pride.

I also remember rumors that if Brock stuck around post Mania XX that he would have been jobbed to the Newley resurrected Taker.

In a what if scanerio if Brock never left I doubt Batista would have left the mid card

kiguel182

"A match that would've been cool 15 years ago" is the perfect description for HHH vs Sting.

If there's one thing that I can't wait for is a Mania that doesn't prey on nostalgia. Mania 30 was that but now here we are again with a match that is there for the "remember the good times?" folks.

old but lol

Still going to make tens of millions of dollars for Vinny Mac, so the Internet can lol all they want.

If there's one thing that I can't wait for is a Mania that doesn't prey on nostalgia. Mania 30 was that but now here we are again with a match that is there for the "remember the good times?" folks.

So, the WWE shouldn't appeal to their widest possible audience?

kiguel182

Still going to make tens of millions of dollars for Vinny Mac, so the Internet can lol all they want.

So, the WWE shouldn't appeal to their widest possible audience?

The WWE should look at the future like any good company does instead of relying on something good they did 20 years ago.

I'd have to take Goldberg's side on that one. Considering how the only reason they brought him in was to try to prove to everyone that he wasn't a star.

His run there was an embarrassment, and only proved more to Sting that at the time it was not the place to go.

Steiner got buried
Goldberg got treated like shit.

Ridiculous that you can put BS aside and make some money together.

OctoMan

Banned
Damn the Lucha card is amazeeeee tonight. So pumped. Caught the previous two eps so all caught up.
Hope Cage win the belt. He's a true monster heel that belongs in the E. But him fucking up little luchas is amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goldberg pinned Triple H and The Rock, won the title, and had a strong run, sendoff aside. I have no idea how anyone could complain about the treatment he got.

Ithil

Goldberg pinned Triple H and The Rock, won the title, and had a strong run, sendoff aside. I have no idea how anyone could complain about the treatment he got.

They fucked over Goldberg by beating him at Summerslam 2003 for no reason. HHH was injured, Goldberg was over, and instead of having him just crush HHH and take the title, for some reason HHH retained with generic Evolution cheating.

Then he lost the title to Goldberg at the next PPV instead, by which point no one cared.

Toki767

They fucked over Goldberg by beating him at Summerslam 2003 for no reason. HHH was injured, Goldberg was over, and instead of having him just crush HHH and take the title, for some reason HHH retained with generic Evolution cheating.

Then he lost the title to Goldberg at the next PPV instead, by which point no one cared.
HHH beat Goldberg twice. Goldberg won once. Pretty much tells you what you need to know.

To be fair, HHH beat him with a sledgehammer and with the help of Kane, in a triple threat match that killed any remaining momentum monster Kane had by making him HHH's lackey for practically that entire bout.

Fucking hell, 2003 era HHH really was the worst. The absolute worst.

Nekofrog

Banned

it almost sounds as if they saw a hot property come in that they had no hand in crafting whatsoever and had a grudge against him from the first working day

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never

Top Bottom