• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Observer is out. I'll drop some notes. Firstly:

Any intelligent individual would see how stupid it is to set that into place more than a year ahead of time, especially based on what just happened when they made this year's main event a year ago.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Except they've been trying to get Rock/Brock for the last two years more or less. This time they are going to throw the money at Rock before his schedule gets set in stone, more or less how they did for Twice in a Lifetime.

This is easily the biggest money match in pro wrasslin and they'd be foolish to not try their hardest to get it.

Something most assumed but some thought they wouldn't do. Emphasis on the secondary belts. (Spoilers for the IC ladder match possibly)

Putting the U.S. title on John Cena and the IC title
on Daniel Bryan
, which were the plans as of last week, that they are trying to elevate those titles to where they can main event the arena shows, so you don't have to have a touring world champion.

Alucard

Banned
Is it midnight yet?

CA_OFZyU8AA-1SF.jpg

Zach

Owens vs Balor was great.

edit: It seems the undertaker is coming out to Johnny Cash with them saying when the man comes around for his match with Bray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
That would be the most bad-a thing ever. I don't even love The Undertaker, but I'd be totally into it. I hope it goes down. Love that album and that song. I used to play/sing it with this chica I used to get busy with in my wilder years. >_>

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ugh, these spoilers have gotten out of hand. First the Ripple Haitch opening gets spoiled a week ago and now Da UNDATAKER? This is shit I really care about. Spoil the results all you want but not this!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Signed up for the WWE Network tonight. Watching NXT! Haven't watched it in forever.

I'll probably only do it for the month.

Hex

Banned
Ugh, these spoilers have gotten out of hand. First the Ripple Haitch opening gets spoiled a week ago and now Da UNDATAKER? This is shit I really care about. Spoil the results all you want but not this!

How is that a spoiler though?
He came out to Cash last year if I am not mistaken, and when he accepted Wyatt's challenge he used those very words.

Kaladin

Signed up for the WWE Network tonight. Watching NXT! Haven't watched it in forever.

I'll probably only do it for the month.

Should have waited a couple days. Extreme Rules is April 26th and if you would have signed up on the 27th, you would have got Mania and Extreme Rules for $10.

Alucard

Banned
New Ass Biz reaction gif.
ruOTwC9.gif

Too sweet me, bro.
RsZKB7b.gif

Man, the stuff before the intermission on this NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka show has been loads of fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How is that a spoiler though?
He came out to Cash last year if I am not mistaken, and when he accepted Wyatt's challenge he used those very words.

He could have come out to Rollin for all we knew before someone blabbed! Loose lips sink American Badass hopes and dreams.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Should have waited a couple days. Extreme Rules is April 26th and if you would have signed up on the 27th, you would have got Mania and Extreme Rules for $10.

I think because I'm in Canada it works differently because I technically subscribe to it through Rogers rather than WWE.

Some stuff for Mania 32

Because they are going to need a gigantic show to fill the stadium and set what will become both the real and mythical record, the idea is that anyone who is a legend who can perform still (besides Flair, who they'll never book because of the retirement stip) will probably be asked.

Michaels, Batista, Goldberg, Austin. I see all of them being offered big money to be on the show. I doubt any of them take it though.

Michaels, Batista, Goldberg, Austin. I see all of them being offered big money to be on the show. I doubt any of them take it though.

Punk.

Wait wait wait.....they get championship bonuses in NXT?

I think that's just some weird storyline justification thing or whatever. Does anyone listen to the Bryan & Vinny show? I've been binging on Youtube clips and they're pretty hilarious depending on the topic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Some stuff for Mania 32

Austin might actually. HBK is an interesting one as he's honored a retirement stip for what seems like a dog's age for wrasslin.

NXT in San Jose stuff

I've been given the impression that if Kevin Owens can be ready, they would do Owens vs. Finn Balor for the title as the San Jose main event this week. The time line I was originally given and what I was told is that Owens wouldn't be wrestling due to his recent arthroscopic knee surgery, and those close to him say it's unlikely he can be ready for a match this week. It would be very early, but it's not unheard of for people to come back that quickly from that surgery. Officially, the word from WWE is that both Owens and Sami Zayn (who has been out of action the past few weeks with a shoulder injury) will be part of the show, saying nothing more.

Potential post-WM plans

Right now, and not only is this subject to change, but probably will change, but the IC and U.S. title programs scheduled for May are
Cena vs. Rusev
and
Bryan vs. Ambrose vs. Barrett. Bryan losing to Ziggler on Smackdown last week was to set up Bryan vs. Ziggler as well.

The WWE title program would be
Reigns vs. Rollins, which explains Rollins beating Reigns in that Raw match a few weeks ago.
Everything is subject to change.

Cagey

Banned
Any intelligent individual would see how stupid it is to set that into place more than a year ahead of time, especially based on what just happened when they made this year's main event a year ago.
The problem isn't at all planning a year in advance.

It's letting it leak out or letting dirt sheets run wild with speculation that's actually on point, giving the Internet a year to cry about the plans and how it's predictable and forced and generally shit on the direction

Brock Rock could have been planned for next year since 2012. If no one was the wiser until next January, hype levels would be off the charts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still LEGIT SHOOK that they didn't add Hogan to the Cena program at all and even more shook that the WWE didn't get USA colored Cena gear for it.

Cagey

Banned
Owens on the main roster is going to have problems looking credible. He's not big and his finisher only looks devastating against small small dudes. It's helping him greatly that NXT is full of indie midgets. You can buy it versus Balor, but versus Alex Riley, his monster routine was comical.

I'm concerned.

Alucard

Banned
Owens on the main roster is going to have problems looking credible. He's not big and his finisher only looks devastating against small small dudes. It's helping him greatly that NXT is full of indie midgets. You can buy it versus Balor, but versus Alex Riley, his monster routine was comical.

I'm concerned.

He'll be fine. There are plenty of small or medium guys in the WWE for him to have great matches with.

Bryan
Ziggler
Rollins
etc.

Vylash

I'm concerned.

I agree that Owens looked like a little fat man when put up against Riley's Rage

Top Bottom