• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that Owens looked like a little fat man when put up against Riley's Rage

And Riley looks "normal" to us. He's gonna be stuck in NXT a long time to keep him from being exposed ala Taz.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that it's 2015 and people still think you can't get over it you're "small" is completely idiotic.

M2VIotv.gif

Cagey

Banned
The fact that it's 2015 and people still think you can't get over it you're "small" is completely idiotic.
Who said that? I never said Owens was small. I said he wasn't big. He's not. He's tubby, sure, but not overwhelmingly so.

Owens is a monster heel in NXT. His physically imposing violent beat you bad character is helped by NXT Stars being smaller than the average WWE dude. I noted it came off as silly against Alex Riley.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Presentation matters far more than size.

Let's not pretend though that it doesn't matter if your moveset and physicality is based on doing those moves to indie midgets and suddenly you've graduated to the land of giants. I think this guy has a chance though because he still seems larger than life.

Ithil

Let's not pretend though that it doesn't matter if your moveset and physicality is based on doing those moves to indie midgets and suddenly you've graduated to the land of giants. I think this guy has a chance though because he still seems larger than life.

Much of Owens' shtick isn't just "being a monster", it's how he acts in the ring. Yeah you can't do his bullying thing to the Big Show, but who wants to wrestle the Big Show anyway?

Kaladin

Balor vs Owens was a great, excellent match.
They got to tell the story of two equals until Balor made a mistake and injured his knee. Owens capitalized and showed no mercy. Even when Balor came back and hit the double stomp, Owens had worked him over too much.

Great story telling in that match.

Who said that? I never said Owens was small. I said he wasn't big. He's not. He's tubby, sure, but not overwhelmingly so.

Owens is a monster heel in NXT. His physically imposing violent beat you bad character is helped by NXT Stars being smaller than the average WWE dude. I noted it came off as silly against Alex Riley.

He can still kick people's ass and be intimidating even if he is the smaller guy. Fuck, we idolize Arn Anderson and he is only an inch taller than Owens.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Much of Owens' shtick isn't just "being a monster", it's how he acts in the ring. Yeah you can't do his bullying thing to the Big Show, but who wants to wrestle the Big Show anyway?

Right, he feels big. It's important.

It's also not just Big Show and Kane who are big. In fact they seem smaller than they actually are because half of the male roster is 6'4"+.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The problem isn't at all planning a year in advance.

It's letting it leak out or letting dirt sheets run wild with speculation that's actually on point, giving the Internet a year to cry about the plans and how it's predictable and forced and generally shit on the direction

Brock Rock could have been planned for next year since 2012. If no one was the wiser until next January, hype levels would be off the charts.

In an industry full of ups and downs, it is extremely tough to keep a guy popular when you have terrible writing.

Because of this, I think keeping the title on Lesnar for an entire year as a part-time champion is going to be somewhat of a bust, much like his title reign has been so far.

Ithil

It's also not just Big Show and Kane who are big. In fact they seem smaller than they actually are because half of the male roster is 6'4"+.

Which is a really bad idea when you think about it. When near everyone's that tall, the big guys look ordinary and the small guys look tiny. No one wins.

Like you'd forget that Barrett or Cesaro are huge, they seem normal size instead. It should be the small guys seem ordinary, and the big guys seem huge.

Cagey

Banned
He can still kick people's ass and be intimidating even if he is the smaller guy. Fuck, we idolize Arn Anderson and he is only an inch taller than Owens.

Arn did his thing decades ago. Arn today wouldn't fly, sadly.

That's the point. It's not Henry Kane or Show. I'm talking about Swagger, Titus O Neil, Sheamus, Harper, Rusev, Ryback, Reigns, Cena, the fat Ascension one, hell even Wyatt. Among many others.

It's going to be harder to stand out as a supremely violent physical guy on the main roster at his size. Neville and Balor etc don't have that worry since it's not their character.

Love Owens. I was in attendance when he won the ROH belt. #deadgiveaway. The Alex Riley match was jarring.

lets sharpen our pencils brehs

how much do you think Vince is paying Brock now?

Thankfully, MetsFan has the hook up

I have been told that Brock Lesnar's contract is set for 3 years at $3 million a year. Brock is working a limited schedule during this new contract just like he was with his older contract.

The WWE championship match has been heavily discussed since Brock has confirmed to be staying with WWE. Writers have been working night and day with Vince, Triple H and their inner circle on possible outcomes for the match.

I am being told that Vince is on board with the idea of having Brock retain the WWE title, Cena win the U.S. title and either Sheamus or Daniel Bryan winning the I.C. title. It is still not confirmed however what role if any Sheamus will play at WrestleMania.

I have also been told Roman Reigns is being compared to Lex Luger and his push in 1993 and early 1994. Lex was pushed to the moon but never got over as the WWE wanted at the time. Thus Vince went with the fan favorite Bret Hart and Luger fizzled of into mid-card status.

I have also been told that Dean Ambrose is to get a heavy push leading into SummerSlam.

spoilered the rest due to possible wrestlefest spoilers

I have been told that Brock Lesnar's contract is set for 3 years at $3 million a year. Brock is working a limited schedule during this new contract just like he was with his older contract.

The WWE championship match has been heavily discussed since Brock has confirmed to be staying with WWE. Writers have been working night and day with Vince, Triple H and their inner circle on possible outcomes for the match.

I am being told that Vince is on board with the idea of having Brock retain the WWE title, Cena win the U.S. title and either Sheamus or Daniel Bryan winning the I.C. title. It is still not confirmed however what role if any Sheamus will play at WrestleMania.

I have also been told Roman Reigns is being compared to Lex Luger and his push in 1993 and early 1994. Lex was pushed to the moon but never got over as the WWE wanted at the time. Thus Vince went with the fan favorite Bret Hart and Luger fizzled of into mid-card status.

I have also been told that Dean Ambrose is to get a heavy push leading into SummerSlam.

That sounds like bullshit. We knew he was making $5 million a year before and Meltzer said this new deal pays him more. I'm much more inclined to believe Meltzer in this situation.

Ithil

But his previous contract was 4 or 5 million a year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who was that guy Dario Cueto was talking to?

Hernandez!
Dude is FORTY TWO. But he's been around for a while and looks fantastic.
Spent some time in TNA, a little in CHIKARA, and some other spots. AAA.

It2eVxG.jpg

In an industry full of ups and downs, it is extremely tough to keep a guy popular when you have terrible writing.

Because of this, I think keeping the title on Lesnar for an entire year as a part-time champion is going to be somewhat of a bust, much like his title reign has been so far.

Lesnar being champ is the only story going I currently like and Summerslam and RR's title matches were a total blast to watch so...y'kniw, it isn't a bust. Some people aren't into the part time thing I guess. I like it cos it makes it easy to tell when to pay attention.

scabro

if lorenzo was apparently ready to give up 8 million per fight (?) no way in hell Brock goes to the WWE for 3 mill a year getting punched in the face or not. id assume hes making minimum that 8 million a year.

Man it's gonna be some real hot bullshit if
Sheamus somehow
wins the IC title.
Royal Rumble winner, former world champ, King of the Ring and still, nobody gives a shit about this guy.

Ithil

Given it's in California, in late March, most of WM is probably going to be in daylight.

The Undertaker's entrance better be on pretty late in the show, because that shit would look ridiculous in sunlight. And Bray with his lantern.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is he good?

I haven't seen enough to say for sure. He got a late start in the business but he's spent plenty of time wrasslin. tm24, has he appeared much in some serious wrassles? I don't really care how good he was in a one-shot in CHIKARA, but if he spent serious time in AAA I'm curious.

Top Bottom