• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Rollins is cashing in on Monday, the timing is absolutely perfect

but how?

You ruin Reign's push by having him lose to Brock, only to follow it up by having Rollins cash in on a somehow lying unconscious Brock Lesnar (how does that happen first off?) Rollins who hasn't been talking about the title since the Rumble. Who has a feud at the moment anyway. And Brock who just re-signed and who would just have won at Wrestlemania. The perfect moment for Rollins is then?

Sounds stupid to me. Sounds like spending money just to spend it.

What is so great about Brock re-signing is that he will be 100% the crowd favorite in that match. If Vince tries to make Wrestlemania a coronation for Reigns the fans are absolutely going to shit all over him.

When Brock was looking like he was out the door Vince at least had a chance for a WM 20 type backlash against Brock but that won't happen now.

Brock absolutely has to beat Reigns or the show will be trending for all the wrong reasons. I do think the fans would also be accepting of a Seth Rollins cash in but he is so bad on the Mic I think he would struggle as the top guy, maybe putting him with Heyman would work.

Rollins is fine on the mic. I don't even know if he was ever really bad, he would just drone on a bit too long like HHH. He's made a lot of improvement over the last 7 months or so.

but how?

You ruin Reign's push by having him lose to Brock, only to follow it up by having Rollins cash in on a somehow lying unconscious Brock Lesnar (how does that happen first off?) Rollins who hasn't been talking about the title since the Rumble. Who has a feud at the moment anyway. And Brock who just re-signed and who would just have won at Wrestlemania. The perfect moment for Rollins is then?

Rollins ain't winning if he cashes in. Just another Sandow, Cena scenario

Vylash

but how?

Reigns is going to win

Reigns is going to win

Oh, right - yeah well in that case it's a better idea. I was thinking you assumed Brock was going to win for some reason. In that scenario, it's a dumb idea, but in a Reigns winning scenario, it's a slightly better idea.

I'm just gonna keep hoping Brock wins.

help friends i'm really addicted to EWR again

In other news, Rusev has a new theme.

(They should totally use this.)
It's fine, but it ain't got shit on the GOAT

tumblr_inline_n8sr5h9nil1rufygp.gif

Rollins is fine on the mic. I don't even know if he was ever really bad, he would just drone on a bit too long like HHH. He's made a lot of improvement over the last 7 months or so.
He was p bad until his Authority run, partially because he droned on so long

dream

The great thing about Brock choosing to be a "Superstar" instead of a man, Sunflower, is that we might finally get a Brock Lesnar vs. RKO match. There's a great ready-made storyline that stems from both guys breaking in together as OVW rookies (I have a dark match where they teamed up and you can tell that they both had unlimited potential), both became the best wrestler in the world at various points, but yet have never crossed paths before.

Toki767

fuck no, the era of Johnny Ace as the head of talent relations was garbage, no way they could do shit with him signing the worst people possible
To be fair, the guy signed Bryan, Punk, Ambrose, Rollins, and a bunch of other people. Not really his fault Vince hated them.

Or are you blaming HHH for how Adam Rose, Big E, and a bunch of other people are turning out?

Carnby

Today my counter part complained to my manager that I'm not nice enough to him. I speak to him when spoken to, and keep the conversations short. It might have something to do with the fact that he hasn't worked a full week in 4 months. He constantly calls in for road trips and shows up 1 hour plus late.

I also learned he acts like this because his previous and only job was a consultant position his dad gave him. It didn't matter if he showed up for work. He was surprised to learn that we fucking care if he shows up. He realized this 8 months after being hired!? WTF.

Millennials.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Today my counter part complained to my manager that I'm not nice enough to him. I speak to him when spoken to, and keep the conversations short. It might have something to do with the fact that he hasn't worked a full week in 4 months. He constantly calls in for road trips and shows up 1 hour plus late.

I also learned he acts like this because his previous and only job was a consultant position his dad gave him. It didn't matter if he showed up for work. He was surprised to learn that we fucking care if he shows up. He realized this 8 months after being hired!? WTF.

Millennials.
how does he still have a job

Carnby

how does he still have a job

I don't fucking know.

I looked my manager right in the eye and said "have him call HR on me. I haven't said anything rude to him, and I don't ignore him. If he really wants to discuss this with HR, it will end better for me than it will for him."

I have another job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck guise.

Vylash

Do you think it kills Heyman to put Reigns over like this?

I think so, friend. Heyman slowly opens the door to his mansion that his current job allows him to have, he takes a long sigh and sits on his expensive couch as his wife walks over to him

"What's wrong?" She asks

"I had to...I had to...do my job" he says with tear filled eyes

"We'll get through this...we'll get through this" as the scene fades to black

Alucard

Banned
Snoop, Hogan, and Axel was a lot of fun. Really had that Mania spectacle feel to it with the past, present, and pop culture colliding in one segment. I dug it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still almost 200K viewers less than last year. Not exactly an accomplishment.

Which I find amazing considering how much money they gave Lesnar and how far back they crowned Reigns the future of the company.

Still almost 200K viewers less than last year. Not exactly an accomplishment.

How many TV shows on the air are still within 200k of last years audience? This isn't 1999 anymore, where you couldn't download RAW or find all the important segments online within a few years, or wait until the next night and just DVR to the parts you care about.

Professional wrestling is never going to be getting 6-7 million viewers a show, when actual network TV dramas are considered hits with 4-5 million viewers. Yes, the build to WM hasn't been great. But, that's not the biggest reason why ratings are down.

Just heard about Lesnar re-signing. Better get vs. Orton, Wyatt, Bryan, and Rusev out of this deal.

You'll get rematches with Cena and Reigns, and like it. :)

tm24

Pentagon Jr officially gets to join my 'I don't watch lucha libre, but this guy seems pretty cool' list. He is joined by Averno, Ultimo Guerrero, Negro Casas, Mascara Dorada and La Sombra
Not watching Lucha is a great way to experience UG and La Sombra,who only go all out like 5 weeks of the year

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How many TV shows on the air are still within 200k of last years audience? This isn't 1999 anymore, where you couldn't download RAW or find all the important segments online within a few years, or wait until the next night and just DVR to the parts you care about.

Professional wrestling is never going to be getting 6-7 million viewers a show, when actual network TV dramas are considered hits with 4-5 million viewers. Yes, the build to WM hasn't been great. But, that's not the biggest reason why ratings are down.

You'll get rematches with Cena and Reigns, and like it. :)

You can't argue this point now as if 2014 was the first year this was available. The options you list have been around for years. Ratings are down compared to last year, when people could still DVR or download the show. That's a fact.

The real reason is that people don't care about this main event. Lesnar hasn't really done anything for ratings, Reigns doesn't draw, and the writing has been horrible. Neither guy is anywhere near as over as Bryan was at this time last year, and the blame for that's on two things: the creative team and Lesnar's part-time schedule.

You can't argue this point now as if 2014 was the first year this was available. The options you list have been around for years. Ratings are down compared to last year, when people could still DVR or download the show. That's a fact.

The real reason is that people don't care about this main event. Lesnar hasn't really done anything for ratings, Reigns doesn't draw, and the writing has been horrible.

Yes, ratings are down from last year, which are down from the previous year, which are down from the previous year, and so on, with few exceptions, just like every single TV show as more and more people have access to DVR's and such.

This has been happening since the early 2000's. The ratings fluctuate for a bit within a range, then they drop to a 'new normal' and so on and so forth. Again, just like every other long running TV show on the air.

I'm not saying the build to WM has been good - I'm simply stating ratings wouldn't be all that much higher even if the magical Lesnar vs. Bryan dream match perfectly built by a booking team of Jim Cornette, Paul Heyman, and Gabe Sapolsky.

The only thing that has showed an actual consistent ratings boost when The Rock came back the first time for Rock-Cena I.

Can Conan O'Brien do the impossible and make Roman Reigns seem charismatic and likable? About to find out when Conan comes back from this commercial break.

Plinko

Yes, ratings are down from last year, which are down from the previous year, which are down from the previous year, and so on, with few exceptions, just like every single TV show as more and more people have access to DVR's and such.

This has been happening since the early 2000's. The ratings fluctuate for a bit within a range, then they drop to a 'new normal' and so on and so forth. Again, just like every other long running TV show on the air.

I'm not saying the build to WM has been good - I'm simply stating ratings wouldn't be all that much higher even if the magical Lesnar vs. Bryan dream match perfectly built by a booking team of Jim Cornette, Paul Heyman, and Gabe Sapolsky.

The only thing that has showed an actual consistent ratings boost when The Rock came back the first time for Rock-Cena I.

And that should show you the real problem--people are losing interest with the guys WWE is promoting/building into stars. Those fans ARE out there. They watched when Rock came back. They didn't download or DVR. Creative just needs to learn how to build guys properly, and it will never happen until Vince steps down.

Top Bottom