• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Tag title thing was a thing. They had something special with Mizdow for a bit there, but Show didn't just take him out - but killed Itami too. At least they gave Show an on-paper push for a Reigns match. Ladder match didn't have a ton of stunt bumps, but Wade killed himself on a superplex and Dean took a sicker one off a powerbomb. Bryan wins the thing.

Orton vs. Seth had a great pop-up RKO finish. Sting vs. HHH was basically Sting vs. Hogan at BFG, but even more of a clusterfuck. Surreal to see Hogan punching AND BUMPING FOR X-Pac. HHH won, because of course he did in the WWE vs. WCW match, and he got the most masturbatory entrance ever. NWO vs. DX stuff was cute and I wouldn't mind a tag match.

Divas tag was a thing. Poor Lanny "Pofo". Loved the Rusev intro so much. Can't believe that Cena got booed after THE biggest AMERICA RAH RAH video ever. This was easily the best match on the card so far. Cena and Rusev have excellent chemistry and Rusev has become a real main event-level act in just about a year. The Rock n' Rowdy Connection thing was so much fun. That'll make for a fun WM 32 deal.

Taker vs. Bray overdelivered. Taker looked great, but Bray, as always, killed the match on offense. Brock was the motherfucking man throughout everything. Still knee to Brock from Roman on the apron. 3 F5s took out Taker, BUT NOT THE BIG DOG! Seth's cash-in was amazing! I was marking out so hard to see him win this. It's the absolute best way out of a bad situation, and gives them a lot of directions to go in.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-wrestlemania-31.html

Screens -

Kickoff pt 1-

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/c3k3cg4syl3maytbnd19od6eo0hq5q8h

Kickoff pt 2 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/h4yyv10m2igvac03mmu6850nqkv3s519

WM part 1 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9ye68m7i2soz9j58x82mo21e3hrlt4g2

WM part 2 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ffytetd7n1ixihs2njk5r6yujsydr0p7

WM part 3 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6balcsn75mpdya7c657thrgzg454sh3z

WM part 4 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/xxq0tgo2l7ff0kvf7ajznlziz0wg62q4

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those on team #BaleeDat and #TheBeast I'm afraid it's a wash

Original post:
Alright, let's draw a line in the sand.

This is an avatar bet - at Wrestlemania, for the Championship match.

- This only applies to the championship match, Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns.
- This does not apply to anything beyond the match result and the rules standing. For instance...

If Roman Reigns wins via DQ, Brock Lesnar retains - therefore people on THE BEAST side of the line win.

If Brock Lesnar loses via Countout, he retains, THE BEAST side wins.

If Roman Reigns beats Brock Lesnar and receives the title (pinfall or submission, naturally) and then Seth Rollins cashes in and wins the title, BALEE DAT team wins.

If Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar is stripped of the title after the match, whoever had the title pre-strip wins.

In the event of a "Brock just won but an authority figure comes down and RESTARTS the match" scenario, whoever wins the restarted match is the winner.

Rules: tag your avatar with BALEE DAT if you are on the side of the Holy Roman Empire. Tag it with THE BEAST if you're siding with Lesnar.

If your side wins - you can have any avatar you want. I encourage you to continue to rep who you had chosen
If your side loses - your avatar must say something involving "BALEE DAT" or "THE BEAST" depending on the winner. Some wiggle room is acceptable as long as you balee or have been eaten by the beast. Your avatar must also showcase the image of the winner.

Losers: you will wear this avatar until the next big Pay-Per-View, SUMMERSLAM. That's right. 3 months. This is a BIG ONE. Let's get crazy.

As always, an admin has confirmed those who bet and don't live up to the bet are subject to a junioring. Thank you very much!

Now let's get crazy. I'm in. GO LESNAR GO

So, here's the thing - Seth won due to a new magic stip turning it into a 3-way. Had I figured this to be an actual possibility (it's never been like that) we could have had a 3-way bet, however it's a wash.

Thoughts, team #BaleeDat? In a show of good faith should we have Seth Rollins avs until Summerslam?

Vylash

rollins-laugh.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair Cena's US rah rah video was heavily Republican. In San Francisco. With WWE's largest foreign audience in the US. Of course he got booed.

dream

I think the problem I have with Seth Rollins is that he has that Dolph Ziggler/Daniel Bryan/Jack Swagger aura where it's very clear that the mid-card belt is his ceiling. And we've all seen what happens when those guys get the world title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm down for Rollins avatars. Even though nobody won the avatar bet, we all won as wrestling fans.

I ain't even mad. Not even close. Great ending. Good Mania. Definitely weird in a lot of spots but an entertaining show for sure.

tumblr_nm08k9kF6e1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

I say everybody just get's the punishment avatars that we planed to hand out in the event our side won, so Vince gets that Max Landis avatar I made him, I get whatever Vince or one of the other Team Brock guys wanted to give me, etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the problem I have with Seth Rollins is that he has that Dolph Ziggler/Daniel Bryan/Jack Swagger aura where it's very clear that the mid-card belt is his ceiling. And we've all seen what happens when those guys get the world title.

It's Seth-kun

what you say

I hear Rollins used the MITB to turn the title match into a triple threat to win the title.

MITB and everything associated with it continues to be garbage

That was legitimately one of the most fun Manias i have watched top to bottom in awhile. For me everything clicked and the amount of surprises were great too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I say everybody just get's the punishment avatars that we planed to hand out in the event our side won, so Vince gets that Max Landis avatar I made him, I get whatever Vince or one of the other Team Brock guys wanted to give me, etc.

No, that's unfair.

It's either Seth avatars and they agree to it or nothing. Punishment isn't fun when they don't actually lose.

I hear Rollins used the MITB to turn the title match into a triple threat to win the title.

MITB and everything associated with it continues to be garbage

I agree it needs to be retired. In a world where you don't have a crappy "Heavyweight" title to win, its kind of silly. They need to like give the holder of the IC belt a guaranteed shot at SummerSlam or something to take its place and make that title more meaningful while taking away the whole "cash in at 7:55 on a PPV" thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Please god no

ugh. I'll wear it for ONE WEEK as a consolation prize for you. The other members of #BaleeDat got banned.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nowhere near as good as last years but still a very fun show. A lot of great matches were taken down a peg by their finishes. Not who won for most of them but that the pace was a bit off.

Bray kept botching moves but I loved that match. Stang/HHH was really good when they just wrestled, still don't get why the Bullet Club came out and helped Stang. AJ was the worst performer in a match with the Bella Twins, just thinking about that idea a few years ago would have blown my mind. Still a good tag match though.

I actually LOVED the Battle Royale. Missed the Tag Match though.

Angry Grimace

Other than Sting-HHH, I had no issue with any match finish. Brock vs. Roman and Taker vs. Bray greatly exceeded my expectations.

Brock/Roman wasn't even a match though. It was just Brock bodying Roman for 15 minutes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seth avatars it is. I'll whip one up for myself.

N8esGJN.gif

I've liked Seth, but I'm not really interested in seeing the stories go ahead so I cancelled my subscription which I got the other day for Wrestlemania - will I still be charged?

I'm hoping I can use this kind of 'oh fuck that' feeling at Brock losing to just eject myself from this dumb addiction for good/for a long time.

No, that's unfair.

It's either Seth avatars and they agree to it or nothing. Punishment isn't fun when they don't actually lose.

But we all did actually lose, since both sides bet on a guy winning tonight and they were both wrong.

Please god no

ugh. I'll wear it for ONE WEEK as a consolation prize for you. The other members of #BaleeDat got banned.

Nah bro, if you can't commit to it for the entire 3 months, you might as well just go with the Junioring.

Top Bottom