• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
good-morning-america-logo.png

rollins-laugh.gif

Actually it's the Today Show. NBC/Universal family. Follow the Money.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've liked Seth, but I'm not really interested in seeing the stories go ahead so I cancelled my subscription which I got the other day for Wrestlemania - will I still be charged?

I'm hoping I can use this kind of 'oh fuck that' feeling at Brock losing to just eject myself from this dumb addiction for good/for a long time.

Nah you watched Wrestlemania and they won't charge you...

Question to those who watched on the Network - did the stream repeat itself a few times on you? Like something would happen, and then the stream would skip and replay the last few seconds?

dream

That was a solid, if unspectacular WrestleMania. 7/10

I feel like you might be selling it short. I thought that everyone other than Stinger vs HHH and the ending was very, very good. Even Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt approached **** status.

Nah you watched Wrestlemania and they won't charge you...

Hm?

I'm asking cos they have this billing structure I haven't seen before. I signed up and it said I would be charged 15 days AFTER I signed up, but got access right away. So I just cancelled and, according to what it said when I signed up, my access is revoked right away.

It's not a huge deal, it's only £10 and obviously I'm happy to have paid for the show, I'm just curious,

Man God

Non-Canon Member
STANG also looked amazing. Especially whenever the camera managed to avoid his bald spot, which was often. Without that you could have convinced me he was ten years younger.

Raw64life

Good PPV overall. Don't think it was good as 30, but it was good enough to make me resent the fact that I paid $300 to see the shitheap that was 29 even more.

No five star classics, but I would say no bad matches either. HHH/Sting and Wyatt/Taker were both better than I was expecting, although my expectations were pretty damn low.

And it was a little dumb that they basically had to invent a rule that says you can cash in MITB in the middle of a match to protect Brock, but mission accomplished I guess. Definitely beats the Roman Empire as an alternative.

RP912

Banned
I must be one of the few that thought Taker/Bray was terrible. It just didn't made much of an impact on me other than the crab walk/taker rise.

The best-booked and most perfect match of the night? The one everybody dreaded for 4 or 5 months.

Lessons of today: WCW always loses, Vince and WWE always win

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think its funny that the jobber titles are on the top 2 guys in the company.

Big One

Banned
It wasn't as good as 30, but they did very well for the limited build-up they had. It's almost like Triple H booked the thing.

Raw64life

STANG also looked amazing. Especially whenever the camera managed to avoid his bald spot, which was often. Without that you could have convinced me he was ten years younger.

Bald spot was still pretty rough. It's 2015, they have some pretty advanced stuff for spraying up bald spots. WWE needs to look into that.

Zach

I'm a genius.

- Orton over Rollins clean*

*Rollins cashes in and wins the strap from Reigns to set up feuds with Orton (WM X-style, baby!), Reigns, AND babyface The Brockster down the road.

Okay, so my prediction wasn't perfect. I'm still a genius, you bastards!

Hasney

So Orton never got his title rematch, Seth only pinned Reigns because he had been destroyed by Brock and Brock was never pinned. That's 3 people already lined up.

klonere

Banned
My first WM in the bag. 4\10 show redeemed to a 5\10 because I love Seth Rollins and I appreciated Roman working very stiff to try and prove himself.

The Bad:

Every other match except for Orton\Rollins had garbo endings.
Horribly overlong segment with the Rock's 15363 comeback.
Old men winning everywhere, no big new stars, Rollins aside.
People killing themselves in the ladder match so they can stay low card with no promo time or respect.
Bray is dead.
Hideo elimination by Big Show.
Big Show winning.
Weak ass spot for mizdow - could have got over huge instead we got near geriatrics crotch chopping and too sweeting at each other.
Cena wins lol
Lana Rusev break up so Lana can go on Total Divas.
Divas match meant nothing even if it was solid.
HHH over Sting for no raisin.
Severe ankle injury vs 50 year old battered and bruised man.

no Sheamus

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bald spot was still pretty rough. It's 2015, they have some pretty advanced stuff for spraying up bald spots. WWE needs to look into that.

It was jarring because he looked so good otherwise.

Taker also did much better this year. Last year he looked like a deadman and not the deadman.

dream

I must be one of the few that thought Taker/Bray was terrible. It just didn't made much of an impact on me other than the crab walk/taker rise.

That's because you were probably still crying over Stinger's loss. I thought the storytelling in Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt was wonderfully, if not uncharacteristically, subtle and sublime.

I feel really lucky to get to go see taker's last match next year. That is, if I some how can't get tickets in time. But hes always been my fav.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The worst part was the number of horrible old dudes being in the show.

Seriously would have preferred something like Bryan and Ambrose or Ziggler or something being in a match in place of one of these old dude matches.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This Wrestlemania gets
★★★★★
10/10 A++

They outdid themselves, in spite of insurmountable odds, there were callbacks, there were call forwards, there was old people, young people, the crowd was alive and the Sun was shining. You really couldn't ask for more and yet we even got a Terminator entrance.

RP912

Banned
That's because you were probably still crying over Stinger's loss. I thought the storytelling in Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt was wonderfully, if not uncharacteristically, subtle and sublime.

I seriously doubt it. Bray wasn't himself and Taker was trying to pull it together, so I didn't receive anything from the match at all as I pointed out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know a lot of you probably didn't like the ending but I loved the Cena/Rusev match. Only thing I would change would be to replace the STF with a crossface like he did for a bit last match. It's crazy that he can make the move he hasn't done in a decade look great but can never do the move he does basically every match convincingly.

Top Bottom