• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

Do you think they're actually going to do anything with her any time soon? Since she did so little, I kind of assumed she had a contract stip with UFC that says she can't do wrestling... or something.

They can probably do a deal with (read, give a lot of money to) UFC to get her in a mixed tag match or something.

Raw64life

I didn't mind Sting/HHH being what it was because that was the only way a 1 on 1 match with two guys that are combined over 100 years old was going to be entertaining.

Shiv47

Wasn't overly impressed with the show. I enjoyed Sting/HHH until the run-in garbage started. Geriatric overload. Wanted to see Sting go over, but honestly that was never gonna happen with this company. The handshake was ridiculous. No interest in Rock/HHH. What else?

- Cena wins LOL, enough said. Was never gonna be any other way though. I only half pay attention during Cena matches like these because nothing out of the ordinary is ever gonna happen. Terrible ending. If it continues to sideline Cena from being anywhere near the main event, then I'm all for his having the third tier belt.

- Ladder match was okay, but I feel like that match has gone as far as it's ever gonna go and should be shelved. How soon will Bryan start jobbing?

- Divas match - shrug. Bored with every iteration of Bellas/Paige/AJ.

- Battle royale - couldn't care less

- Tag titles- Usos lost, all is well

- Orton/Seth - ehh. Nice finish.

- Bray/Taker - don't need to ever see Taker again. They need to let Bray go over at some point, you'd think, or they risk making the guy a joke. Which has probably already happened for a lot of people. The whole angle was a waste of time from start to finish.

- Title match: having Roman no sell Brock's offense in order to look strong, and then get destroyed by one curbstomp looked a bit dumb, but whatever.

Razorskin

----- ------
EKefm3M.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't mind Sting/HHH being what it was because that was the only way a 1 on 1 match with two guys that are combined over 100 years old was going to be entertaining.

You'd think that but the actual wrasslin segments were just fine. I would have been just as happy if the match had no run ins.

That being said I loved the run ins. Not enough ref bumps or swerves to be late period WCW but close.

Alucard

Banned
So, Raw tomorrow...

-Rollins will get a massive pop
-Reigns will be shat on
-Bryan will have a wicked match against someone...and be put in a feud with Sheamus
-Heyman will talk about Brock and a rematch at Extreme Rules...probably a three-way
-HHH will somehow retcon his handshake with Sting

Anything else?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So, Raw tomorrow...

-Rollins will get a massive pop
-Reigns will be shat on
-Bryan will have a wicked match against someone...and be put in a feud with Sheamus
-Heyman will talk about Brock and a rematch at Extreme Rules...probably a three-way
-HHH will somehow retcon his handshake with Sting

Anything else?

Bryan is clearly working with Ziggler still. I really don't know what they'll do with Shameless. Maybe make him an Authority goon?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
2:17 PM, 17 Aug 2001
Sting @Sting
Maybe I'll wrestle HHH sometime. I'd like to put him over.

It was a great Mania. Wish Sting won but they gotta find a way to kick WCW in the groin at every chance they get.

Still waiting on the rest of my Nitros.

Ithil

SleepyHealthyFlyingfox.gif

Русев удря Русев мачка!

Zach

Bryan is clearly working with Ziggler still. I really don't know what they'll do with Shameless. Maybe make him an Authority goon?

It looks that way. And I sure hope so. Let it go for a while, man. Bryan and Ziggler can probably put on some matches, but it'd probably be better if they didn't try to fit everything into one match.

It was a great Mania. Wish Sting won but they gotta find a way to kick WCW in the groin at every chance they get.

Still waiting on the rest of my Nitros.

My man.

SleepyHealthyFlyingfox.gif

Русев удря Русев мачка!

The way some fans boo him, I wouldnt be surprised if some ducked under their chairs thinking it was a legit attack.

Some fans are really, really weird with kayfabe

thefro

So is there any chance in hell we'll see Rousey vs. HHH?

I'm sure if they do a mixed tag they'd do a few spots, but the point would be for The Rock and HHH to wrestle 80-90% of the match.

Rousey wrestling a singles match would require a lot more time investment for her and would be a bigger injury risk. Plus the match wouldn't be nearly as good.

Mixed tag gives you most of the buyrate/exposure benefit of Rousey with little injury risk for the UFC.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the funniest part is that everyone would have predicted this had they been aware that there was some reason you could cash in mid-match.

Still.

Vylash

Mania Review:

Tag Titles: not on the main show = garbage

Battle Royal: not on the main show = garbage

IC Title Match: Bryan won: A+

Orton vs Rollins: good match that had Rollins carry Orton through the whole thing because that's how it works. B

HHH vs Sting: i got to see DX in 2015 A+

Divas Match: lol, women am i right?

Cena vs. Rusev: good match but Cena won so it doesn't count F

Undertaker vs Bray: i dunno, insert joke about Bo Dallas here. D

Brock vs. Reigns:Reigns didn't win A+

overall grade: Reigns didn't win so i'll be renewing my network subscription

...what's that? how did i watch it fi i don't have the network?

qdUyto8.gif

To me it is. But that's why I said "if it gets people watching..."

They are both two of the most bankable people in terms of popping a buyrate. Rock is proven (especially if they do Rock/Brock at 32, that'll be a huge one), and Rousey is probably UFC's only truly mainstream star right now.

tldr; it would

Great Mania. And now we get Raw after Mania. Hoping for some fun angles and debuts (Neville, Charlotte, and Balor all possible). Seth's gonna get a hero's welcome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania Review:

Orton vs Rollins: good match that had Rollins carry Orton through the whole thing because that's how it works. B

You have a knack for summarizing the thread better than Lionel Mandrake could.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mania Review:

qdUyto8.gif

y3xcqZZ.png

Cure, you had better not be talking about something illegal in this upstanding community.

But seriously, the whole "I don't want to pay for this but am still entitled to it so I'll steal it" mentality is so dumb. Not accusing anyone, just pointing it out in general.

Zach

They are both two of the most bankable people in terms of popping a buyrate. Rock is proven (especially if they do Rock/Brock at 32, that'll be a huge one), and Rousey is probably UFC's only truly mainstream star right now.

tldr; it would

Then by all means, they should do it to it. Seems boring to me personally, though.

Oh, and did any of you nuts gif the Flair chop to Steamboat? >_>

Mania Review:

qdUyto8.gif

lol that guy was shameless

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rousey is UFC's biggest star. She might even be clean.

EDIT: We have the Rollin's ring jig and his rockstar belt twirl, but not one of him bombing it up the ramp?!?

Top Bottom