• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

Brock is on Raw tongiht.

He's going to murder EVERYTHING and it will be glorious.

I want to see him murder a fan

tumblr_mw4ld1H8Xv1t1054no6_400.gif

wM4Cpoi.gif

8scU7X1.gif

tumblr_m1zh9eGpsf1qhjbxeo2_250.gif

Fox318

How much catch-up jobbing is Rusev going to be doing this next month after Cena popped that cherry?
Reigns-Rusev-gif-001.gif

That's a given.
Show-Rusev-gifs-001_001.gif

Sheamus will definitely return and get revenge. Maybe one of the Usos and Swagger as well.

He will be in a dancing tag team with Swagger.

What do you guys think about a tag team Divas belt/ division?

Here is why I ask. As of right now... the Diva's have a ton of talent (probably more than ever before).

1) Aj while not the best wrestler is a fan fave and has a few good moves
2) Both Bella's are getting better
3) Nattie is Nattie
4) Paige (yummy)
5) Naomi has potential
6) about 6-9 other girls in the back that are decent (at best)....
7) plus you have Flair's daughter and Sasha...

It just seems like there is a ton of talent and if they had Diva's tag belts it would give the girls something to go after. They don't have to defend every Raw... maybe have a Tag match or singles title match (one per Raw and one per Smack Down)...

Just a thought as the Diva's are only getting better and better (and more pop with the show) in the ring.

DMczaf

Sting/HHH was exactly what it needed to be. Motherfucker is 56 years old, he was never going to put on a wrestling clinic. He was going to perform some spots, and then the rest would be smoke and mirrors to carry them to the finish line (they also had the longest match of the night at 18 minutes).

I loved it. We finally got the nWo vs DX with ALL the main players....and xpac.

Fox318

What do you guys think about a tag team Divas belt/ division?

Here is why I ask. As of right now... the Diva's have a ton of talent (probably more than ever before).

1) Aj while not the best wrestler is a fan fave and has a few good moves
2) Both Bella's are getting better
3) Nattie is Nattie
4) Paige (yummy)
5) Naomi has potential
6) about 6-9 other girls in the back that are decent (at best)....
7) plus you have Flair's daughter and Sasha...

It just seems like there is a ton of talent and if they had Diva's tag belts it would give the girls something to go after. They don't have to defend every Raw... maybe have a Tag match or singles title match (one per Raw and one per Smack Down)...

Just a thought as the Diva's are only getting better and better (and more pop with the show) in the ring.

Unless they replace the entire Divas roster (Save Pauge, Natty, and maybe Nikki) with the NXT roster I don't want to see any more Womens belts.

Mahonay

Banned
Did anyone else mark the fuck out for that curb stomp launch to RKO?

Was watching it with my girlfriend and we both lost our shit when that happened.

Unless they replace the entire Divas roster (Save Pauge, Natty, and maybe Nikki) with the NXT roster I don't want to see any more Womens belts.

Truthfuly they are no worse than some of the jobbers the WWE has on its main roster. THe whole New Day team is awful... just awful.

Plus it will give them a chance to play a little with the tag matches and maybe find something that sticks. Because the tag belts in the mens division have been weak for years to be honest.

Fox318

Sting/HHH was exactly what it needed to be. Motherfucker is 56 years old, he was never going to put on a wrestling clinic. He was going to perform some spots, and then the rest would be smoke and mirrors to carry them to the finish line (they also had the longest match of the night at 18 minutes).

I loved it. We finally got the nWo vs DX with ALL the main players....and xpac.

Flair should have come out and hit HBK.

It would have been nice for sting to have won but you could tell this was a Vince "I WON FUCK YOU ERIC TED" match

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else mark the fuck out for that curb stomp launch to RKO?

Was watching it with my girlfriend and we both lost our shit when that happened.

yea seth really knows how to get some air time and many things he does and makes things look even more awesome.

anyone know what was up with trips thigh ? looked quite nasty. possible from entrance with the podium rising or in training pulled a muscle maybe ?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yea seth really knows how to get some air time and many things he does and makes things look even more awesome.

anyone know what was up with trips thigh ? looked quite nasty. possible from entrance with the podium rising or in training pulled a muscle maybe ?

It looked like he either tore one of his glutes or his hamstring - the bruising is in line with what happens when you have a muscle tear.

Cagey

Banned
Brock is on Raw tongiht.

He's going to murder EVERYTHING and it will be glorious.

I want RAW to open with a match of some kind, like a US Title #1 Contender's Tournament or some shit, and Brock to come down, murder the two guys in the ring, get a chair, and declare he's not leaving until he's given a rematch.

HHH orders the next guys to have a match to go down, Brock murders both.

HHH orders the next guys, they come out, look at the ring, and say fuck this we outta here.

mqdefault.jpg

I assumed it was due to training and taking bumps after being out for a while...

Mahonay

Banned
I saw that too. Looked like his leg exploded.

Sting had a pretty nasty mark on the back of his shoulder, looked like it was from being thrown into the stairs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yall ready for new Bork merch tonight? Oh man, I can smell the money.

Fox318

Truthfuly they are no worse than some of the jobbers the WWE has on its main roster. THe whole New Day team is awful... just awful.

Plus it will give them a chance to play a little with the tag matches and maybe find something that sticks. Because the tag belts in the mens division have been weak for years to be honest.

Los Matadores should all be fired including the fucking bull. They have had their chances and they fucking suck.

New day needs a new gimmick of a fucking heel gimmick. Big E is the only one I think is any good and he feels wasted here.

Usos are boring. They have the same matches and have 0 talking ability despite being booked like Cena.

Kidd is sucking off of Cesaro with that gimmick of his. He is good in NXT but the stuff with his wife is always dumb.

Mahonay

Banned
I want RAW to open with a match of some kind, like a US Title #1 Contender's Tournament or some shit, and Brock to come down, murder the two guys in the ring, get a chair, and declare he's not leaving until he's given a rematch.

HHH orders the next guys to have a match to go down, Brock murders both.

HHH orders the next guys, they come out, look at the ring, and say fuck this we outta here.

mqdefault.jpg
Hey guys. RAW is going to be good tonight.

imBask

Banned
Los Matadores should all be fired including the fucking bull. They have had their chances and they fucking suck.

New day needs a new gimmick of a fucking heel gimmick. Big E is the only one I think is any good and he feels wasted here.

Usos are boring. They have the same matches and have 0 talking ability despite being booked like Cena.

Kidd is sucking off of Cesaro with that gimmick of his. He is good in NXT but the stuff with his wife is always dumb.

what are you saying, Cesaro was going nowhere until Kidd saved his career with his charisma! ;)

I think the problem with the tag belts is that it always feels sooooo scripted. Sometimes I think there is too much thought in them and it takes away from potentially good matches. The break ups of teams are always too drawn out. They really need to focus on some redesign of tag teams and how they work on TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what happened to Beast vs Balee Dat avatars?

Do all of you motherfuckers hold an L and put up Seth avatars?

I'm holding it, even though none of us won or lost. Seth-sama deserves the respect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty confident in saying Brock Lesnar is the best thing in pro wrestling right now. Is he the best wrestler? I don't know. Is he the best character? I don't know. But he is the best thing in wrestling because he is fascinating to me. Out of character and in character. He is an attraction, something I haven't seen since an Andre, a Hogan, a Vader, a Brody. He just makes me want to watch even when I don't watch the WWE because something about his presence is completely incredible. His real life accomplishments and the way he moves in a match just makes me go, 'This is real.' For a brief second. It makes me feel stupid for thinking it, but it makes me happy that there's someone out there who makes me believe for a second. Watching guys stiff each other is nothing new, but something about Brock just makes it seem like 'this shit could go south in an instant' and that makes it exciting.

Like an Akira Maeda match.

Mahonay

Banned
That's a given. It's next week that we have to worry about.
Absolutely.

I thought last year was absolute garbage as a whole after WM30, with very rare bright spots in between.

I hope and pray that this year they make it look like they actually give a fuck about what happens on RAW. Because last year all they did was drag their feet until the next PPV.

Cagey

Banned
I'm pretty confident in saying Brock Lesnar is the best thing in pro wrestling right now. Is he the best wrestler? I don't know. Is he the best character? I don't know. But he is the best thing in wrestling because he is fascinating to me. Out of character and in character. He is an attraction, something I haven't seen since an Andre, a Hogan, a Vader, a Brody. He just makes me want to watch even when I don't watch the WWE because something about his presence is completely incredible. His real life accomplishments and the way he moves in a match just makes me go, 'This is real.' For a brief second. It makes me feel stupid for thinking it, but it makes me happy that there's someone out there who makes me believe for a second. Watching guys stiff each other is nothing new, but something about Brock just makes it seem like 'this shit could go south in an instant' and that makes it exciting.

Like an Akira Maeda match.

Amen to all this.

The bolded in particular though. In any other match, Roman Reigns running and jumping at Brock to start the brawl or Seth running and getting caught makes you think "he jumped so that the other guy could catch him". In the match last night, you can honestly believe that Roman or Seth are trying to actually attack Brock with no reservations, but Brock is so freakishly strong and agile and coordinated that he's catching them despite their best efforts to hit him. When Brock is picking dudes up, you can sincerely believe the other guy is resisting and it doesn't matter. It doesn't have a choreographed dance feel.

It has that #largebrawlfeel.

Mahonay

Banned
You know, most people would criticize a wrestler for having one sided offense and all their moves being suplexes, but Brock Lesnar makes it fun.
It's because Brock nails the entertainment part of it. He makes you truly believe he is some kind of unstoppable being of destruction, that is simply toying with his opponents most of the time by throwing them around like rag dolls. His facial expressions, the way he walks, the comments he makes in the ring. He's the complete package. There are better wrestlers, but Brock Lesnar is the best Pro Wrestler in the world.

And I think Seth Rollins is right behind him.

tumblr_nm15o9TJUF1sbzhteo1_400.gif

“Well, hello Tim, doing a little daytime lanterning? I have a confession: I’m not very comfortable seeing you without a fence in between us.”

“Wilson, I didn’t raise you from the dead and clone you for the sake of your comfort. And I’ve told you several times already, I’m not ‘Tim’— my name is Bray Wyatt and I am the eater of worlds.”

“Well, Tim, whatever you say, I’m not a nutritionist.”

“Th— look, the other Wilsons are shambling, why can’t you?”

“My hood is chafing.”

“Well, you don’t want people seeing your face, trust me.”

“Never really have wanted that, Tim, and never will.”

“This isn’t really working out the way I planned.”

“Sorry to hear that, Tim.”

“It’s Br- just fuck off, OK?”

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You know, most people would criticize a wrestler for having one sided offense and all their moves being suplexes, but Brock Lesnar makes it fun.

like everyone criticizes reigns for only having spear and that. i think its how its portrayed roman got no offense in at all after then suddenly did what cena's does and does his 2 moves of death

like everyone criticizes reigns for only having spear and that. i think its how its portrayed roman got no offense in at all after then suddenly did what cena's does and does his 2 moves of death

I appreciated that instead of trying to outwrestle or outthink Lesnar, Roman just decided to throw as many punches and spears as he could hoping one would actually work. Like it makes more sense than him trying to step up his technique

Top Bottom