• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
I haven't been able to watch a single Nintendo Direct without the stream buffering and crapping all over the place the entire time.

I have no faith in ustream.

Marvel

could never
I miss people power.

r3xHndP_zps7a83e75e.gif

With you in spirit.

So I've just discovered maffew's wrestlemaniamania, so goood. Watching part 3 now.

Jamie OD

Ah, that's right, I'd completely forgotten - wasn't he at Wrestle Kingdom that year? I can't recall.

Looking it up now. He was in a 6-Man Tag opener with Christian and Petey Williams for the Dome show that year. Then he lost to Tanahashi in February and had two more matches in August during the G1 tour teaming with Tanahashi and Shinjiro Otani. I think that's all he did in New Japan.

I haven't been able to watch a single Nintendo Direct without the stream buffering and crapping all over the place the entire time.

Thy because Nintendo doesn't understand the internet.

Never had one problem with a New japan stream .

Hasney

I was the same, then on the last one, they had a live YouTube feed and it was glorious.

I take it that YouTube doesn't offer the same options of doing an iPPV at the moment?

Lol, no to that thing in deathmatches - we need more gimmicks that look cool but aren't actually terribly dangerous, not more gimmicks that are so fucking dangerous all the dudes in the match are too scared to take the bump (gusset plates and razor boards, for example).

I take it that YouTube doesn't offer the same options of doing an iPPV at the moment?

They can do rented VOD stuff and free live streams, but I don't think youtube does paid live streams.

Aiii said:

It's worked flawlessly for every New Japan iPPV since the first back in October 2012 - unless there's a huge disparity in bandwidth between the buildings NJPW run in and the buildings ROH run in, or a ridiculous number of people trying to watch the shows, I think it's safe to assume they'll run smoothly.

Jamie OD

Ustream according to wrestling fans: Yay!
Ustream according to video gamers. Boo!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's worked flawlessly for every New Japan iPPV since the first back in October 2012 - unless there's a huge disparity in bandwidth between the buildings NJPW run in and the buildings ROH run in, or a ridiculous number of people trying to watch the shows, I think it's safe to assume they'll run smoothly.

There IS a huge disparity but I'm willing to take a chance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Per Observer Radio last night, apparently Zack Ryder's new Youtube show isn't doing him any favors backstage.

Not a surprise. The key difference is it isn't doing him any good with fans either, this time!

hoh hoh hoh :(

poor Zack :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
btw that Art of Wrestling with Buff Bagwell is insane. It's like, everything you expect wrestling to be. All the sleaze, all the country-ass parts, all the insanity - it's fun to listen to because it lives up to what I always feel wrestling is all about. And my god his voice has fallen apart. He sounds like a 60 year old waitress named Helen.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2014/03/19/aow-191-buff-bagwell/

Just think, we coulda been advertising legitshook.com on that shit.

He's selling past episode of his free podcast. /eyeroll

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Have fun with this shit, from the town I grew up in:

http://www.cityofowasso.com/character_trait/character_qualities.html

So fucking misguided. Some highlights:

Boldness vs. Fearfulness
Confidence that what I have to say or do is true, right, and just.

Honor vs. Disrespect
Respecting those in leadership because of the higher authorities they represent.

Meekness vs. Anger
Yielding my personal rights and expectations with a desire to serve.

Can you tell it's a church town?

Marvel

could never
WWE has come to terms on the release of Luis Ignacio Urive Alvirde effective March 26,2014.We wish Luis best of luck in his future endeavors

Aint even mad. The mask will live on here at gaf for a while.

jred2k

Hopefully the iPPV works well for ROH. They'd really look like a joke if they fucked up their stream while they have extra eyes on their product from the NJPW involvement.

Also, it seems like hype for any indie events around WM is pretty low this year. Is it a lack of shows or soemthing?

Per Observer Radio last night, apparently Zack Ryder's new Youtube show isn't doing him any favors backstage.

What did he really have to lose?

DMczaf

http://www.wwe.com/classics/hulk-hogan-on-randy-savage

JEALOUS EYES! Hulk Hogan opens up about Randy Savage, The Mega Powers and why WrestleMania V means so much to him

20140321_Light_MegaPowersExplode_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE.COM: The lines between business and entertainment?

HOGAN: No, business and personal! Not entertainment! I was supposed to grab Elizabeth by the wrist and pull her into the ring. All of a sudden, I ended up in the locker room with him in my face going, “You grabbed her wrist too hard, brother! Who do you think you are?!” It got crazy. All with good intentions, because that’s how intense Randy was. We were at a Live Event once, and they didn’t have the steps for her to walk up to the ring. She was in my corner at the time, and she needed to get in the ring. When I leaned over to pick her up by the armpits — this superhuman feat of strength for me, to pick this little lady up off the floor onto the apron — Randy yelled, “Hey, brother, you grabbed her!” I was like, “Whoa, dude!” We hadn’t even started the match yet and this guy’s out of his mind coming at me.

THOSE EYES! RIGHT THERE!

HoganSavageInLine_642x361.jpg

Also, it seems like hype for any indie events around WM is pretty low this year. Is it a lack of shows or soemthing?

Not a lot's been announced and probably the most hyped match (Cole vs Briscoe in a Ladder War) won't be on iPPV - the Dragon Gate USA shows should be good, but there's no word on how much Japanese involvement there will be (the only Japanese talent so far is Masato Tanaka who will face Chris Hero).

Also, while I'm sure the SHIMMER show will be good, Melissa vs LuFisto in a 90 minute time limit 2/3 falls match? That's probably going to be overkill.

Ithil

I don't see what is so bad about it. What exactly is it that is causing heat?

He got over on his own, they hate when people do that, so they still resent him for it. Now he's at it again (not that it seems to be accomplishing anything this time with audiences).

Yeah, I didn't see that thread until now. Not sure I agree with how Liu went about the whole thing but that's all I'll say about it.

Edit: Oh, and if you were backing Hogan back in the day during that feud you must be real dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom