• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Some Interesting News from the Observer:

- There has been no communication as of late between CM Punk and WWE. Punk has been completely out of communication with people who he’s been friends with in the past.

- Rob Van Dam is scheduled to return to WWE on the April 7th RAW, the night after WrestleMania XXX, for a several month run

Punk has basically gone into his Bunker until his contract runs out.

Also Sting news:

There is now a working idea within WWE that Sting will wrestle one match and then retire, which everyone presumes will be against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 31 in California.

There's still no confirmation that WWE will make this known at WrestleMania XXX or on RAW the next night. The only thing that's said to be certain right now is that Sting will do one last match.

So basically his retirement match with be in his home state. I wonder if the one in Dallas will be the Undertaker's last match since that's his home state.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I might buy some Macho Man styled sunglasses to wear instead so Bean Breath can't see any reflection and accuse me of harboring dead bodies.
shopping

WWE sells a pair like the second pic. I might jump on them. They're cheap. The first pic is on Etsy for $30 and I'd totally wear those too, though.

So I bought a pair of these last summer. For as much as the dude is charging, they're a cheap pair of plastic sunglasses with stickers on the lenses. STICKERS

His profit margin must be nuts.

Kaladin

Raw After Mania always has one big thing.

Sting vs Undertaker for the streak at next year's Mania is worthy of a big thing.

Kaladin

Can someone post the Homer rooting for Sting picture? I have been looking for it and I have a feeling we're gonna need it this year.

jred2k

If this list is to be believed then there are 10 shows haven't been reviewed yet??? You jobbers. I know that TM's is coming but what about the rest of y'all!

PEPSIIIIIIIIIIII
XenoRaven
TL21xx
Snaku
LoneWolf296
Man God
G Nobody
BillRiccio
CrunchinJelly

EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!

I'm pretty sure I've seen Pepsi, XenoRaven, and TL21xx all mention they have reviews done aside from gifs or maybe a match or two or something. The OT can go up Sunday(whoever is doing it?) so it would be cool to have them done by then.

Ithil

A.J. Styles has signed and is going to be given a major push as a singles headliner, to work with all the big guns, with a title shot at Kazuchika Okada coming sooner than later. In a sense, Styles position may be a replacement for Prince Devitt in some form, not as the leader of The Bullet Club necessarily, but Devitt did not sign a new contract for 2014, and given it’s now March, the belief is he is WWE-bound as soon as that deal fully materializes. He’s been a very different performer here the last several months, clearly not taking any risks as compared to before and just playing heel, although that dates back to his injuries last year.

From the Observer, seems like AJ Styles is going to be getting a major spot at the Yokohama show in the summer, which they need big matches for. And between this and the Taguchi tweet yesterday, seems like Prince Devitt is headed to WWE soon.

So there will be some shakeups in the upper card. I would have assumed Karl Anderson would take over as leader of Bullet Club if Devitt is gone, but they are pushing Fale a lot now so maybe they're hoping for him to be ready for that role.

DMczaf

There is now a working idea within WWE that Sting will wrestle one match and then retire, which everyone presumes will be against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 31 in California.

There's still no confirmation that WWE will make this known at WrestleMania XXX or on RAW the next night. The only thing that's said to be certain right now is that Sting will do one last match.

Sting-rafters.jpg

When man's heart is full of deciet...
It burns up, dies...
And a dark shadows falls over his soul...
From the ashes of a once great man, has risen a curse...
A wrong that must be righted...
We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black hearts
of the sane man who created him... The battle between good, and evil has begun...
Against an army of shadows, lies the dark warrior...
The prevailer of good...
With a voice of silence...
And a mission of justice...
This is Sting.

From the Observer, seems like AJ Styles is going to be getting a major spot at the Yokohama show in the summer, which they need big matches for. And between this and the Taguchi tweet yesterday, seems like Prince Devitt is headed to WWE soon.

So there will be some shakeups in the upper card. I would have assumed Karl Anderson would take over as leader of Bullet Club if Devitt is gone, but they are pushing Fale a lot now so maybe they're hoping for him to be ready for that role.

AJ vs Okada for the Yokohama show could be awesome - I'm not sure how familiar the Japanese audience are with Styles or TNA, but if they do a good enough job showcasing him at Invasion Attack and Dontaku, that won't be an issue. As for Bullet Club, Karl takes over as leader for sure - I'm all aboard the Bad Luck Express, but Fale fits more in the enforcer role, so I think it'll be Karl riding on Fale's shoulders to ringside once Devitt's gone.

Also, here's what Meltzer had to say about laying the foundations for Okada vs Nakamura;

The idea is that Nakamura chose Tanahashi’s title instead of Okada’s, because Okada is his stablemate in the Chaos group and frequent tag team partner, while Tanahashi is his rival that pinned him both at the Tokyo Dome on 1/4, but also at the New Beginning show on 2/9 in Hiroshima.

However, Okada & Gedo felt that Nakamura choosing to go after Tanahashi’s title was a slap in the face to Okada as IWGP champion. Part of the Okada as champion storyline is that the IC title, held by Tanahashi, is becoming bigger and bigger to where it rivals Okada’s title. Plus, Tanahashi wouldn’t enter the New Japan Cup, since the goal of the tournament is to challenge for the IWGP belt traditionally, and he wasn’t going to challenge Okada again during this title reign.

So Tanahashi defending against Nakamura will headline Invasion Attack, the biggest show since the Tokyo Dome. With no contender, Okada will not be defending the title, and instead be in a tag team match fourth from the top, teaming with Gedo against Fale and Tama Tonga.

Aiii

So not worth it
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!
855e2c5ce3022dc94b2a6dd974e0bacf_XL.jpg

Meltzer:
Notes on the 3/20 TV show. This show felt like you were watching a sinking ship, like the latter years of WCW. Sometimes TNA has had some bad booking and sometimes the wrestling isn’t the best, but it never felt like WCW going down the tubes. Even when they have a great idea, like James Storm hitting Gunner’s dad with a beer bottle, the context it’s put in and the follow up dooms it. They have no babyfaces anyone really can get behind, or would want to. They have some good characters being positioned poorly. When it’s over, there’s nothing to care about.

Kaladin

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING® & LEADING STREAMING PROVIDER USTREAM COLLABORATE TO STREAM ROH / NEW JAPAN SUPER SHOWS LIVE IN HIGH DEFINITION

Baltimore, MD (March 27, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) has come to terms with Ustream, Inc. to provide the May 10th ROH GLOBAL WARS and May 17th ROH WAR OF THE WORLDS events live online. Ustream is a leading service provider of live and on-demand international, sports and variety programming delivered via broadband.

Rated the #1 LIVE online video streaming platform and winning the 2013 Streaming Media Readers’ Choice Awards for their live streaming service, Ustream has an unprecedented track record for reliable, high quality streaming content for almost a decade and has worked with New Japan Pro Wrestling for over two years in providing exceptional LIVE broadcasts.

The two Internet pay-per-view cards, produced and distributed live online by Ring of Honor for $14.95 each, will feature Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s most decorated wrestlers.

The date and times for these super shows are:

ROH GLOBAL WARS: Saturday, May 10th at 7:30 p.m. EST/4:30 p.m. PST
ROH WAR OF THE WORLDS: Saturday, May 17th at 7:30 p.m. EST/4:30 p.m. PST

Both events can be purchased separately in advance or at the time of the event at www.UStream.TV with all major credit cards via Paypal.

Also, the super shows will both be available as a replay immediately after their conclusion of the events on ROH’s Ustream channel and at www.ROHWrestling.com.

"Fans are always asking for live ROH Internet Pay-Per-Views and Ustream’s capabilities allow us to deliver," Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff said. "Through this technology and our production team, fans have an awesome opportunity to enjoy two of the biggest shows of the year live. Ustream is an industry leader in video streaming infrastructure with exceptional reliability for distribution of its live streaming events and we’re excited to collaborate with them on offering these events to our customers worldwide."

For more information on experiencing Ring of Honor versus New Japan Pro-Wrestling LIVE, visit: www.ROHwrestling.com.

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and every week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHWrestling.com.

Ithil

AJ vs Okada for the Yokohama show could be awesome - I'm not sure how familiar the Japanese audience are with Styles or TNA, but if they do a good enough job showcasing him at Invasion Attack and Dontaku, that won't be an issue. As for Bullet Club, Karl takes over as leader for sure - I'm all aboard the Bad Luck Express, but Fale fits more in the enforcer role, so I think it'll be Karl riding on Fale's shoulders to ringside once Devitt's gone.

Also, here's what Meltzer had to say about laying the foundations for Okada vs Nakamura;

So they're building a slow burn resentment of Nakamura by Okada. Okada will probably drop the IWGP title to someone this summer, so I'll assume they're planning to have Okada vs Nakamura, non-title (probably) as one of the headlining matches at Wrestle Kingdom next year, which makes loads of sense and would be a big match.

You shouldn't rush an angle like that on any level. Both guys are technically "cool heels" but really Nakamura is pretty much face now, just cocky, Okada plays heel in matches about as much as he plays face, so no doubt he would be the heel against Nakamura.

If this list is to be believed then there are 10 shows haven't been reviewed yet??? You jobbers. I know that TM's is coming but what about the rest of y'all!

PEPSIIIIIIIIIIII
XenoRaven
TL21xx
Snaku
LoneWolf296
Man God
G Nobody
BillRiccio
CrunchinJelly

EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!

I dunno, I've rewritten mine a couple of times but really the best (shortest) version of it were just my drunk notes while watching it. So I'll probably just gif all the moments I need to (I have timecodes I just need to go in and make them), and then I'll likely also rewatch and write something on the Ironman match because none of my notes on it make any fucking sense.

Jamie OD

Styles had a few New Japan appearances in 2008 facing against and teaming with Tanahashi so some of the fanbase may remember him from back then. Tanahashi using the Styles Clash might also help if the commentators have been saying who he got the move from.

WOW, both the ROH/NJPW shows being iPPVs is freaking AWESOME news!!! Having Ustream involved means I'm happy to give ROH another chance on the whole internet streaming thing, so hopefully it goes off without a hitch.

You shouldn't rush an angle like that on any level. Both guys are technically "cool heels" but really Nakamura is pretty much face now, just cocky, Okada plays heel in matches about as much as he plays face, so no doubt he would be the heel against Nakamura.

I think Okada's going to wind up as the heel in this feud - I could see him kicking Shinsuke out of CHAOS, or the faction splitting between both guys.

Swagsuke CHAOS; Nakamura, Ishii, Yujiro, Koslov, Romero

Rainmaker CHAOS; Okada, Yano, Iizuka, Jado, Gedo & YOSHI

Jamie OD said:
Styles had a few New Japan appearances in 2008 facing against and teaming with Tanahashi so some of the fanbase may remember him from back then. Tanahashi using the Styles Clash might also help if the commentators have been saying who he got the move from.

Ah, that's right, I'd completely forgotten - wasn't he at Wrestle Kingdom that year? I can't recall.

Striker

Isn't that just Divas booking 101? Fuck story, the champion gets pinned on TV and then rinse and repeat until the next PPV.
It is WWE booking. For example, Del Rio lost as WHC on weekly shows but retained the title. Many US and IC title holders did the same thing. It seems to mostly be a "let's make a heel look like shit on weekly shows" sort of thing. Orton loses to nobodies like Kofi clean and he's supposedly the top champion, but retains on the PPV. The titles mean jack shit. Until they treat them as something other than props, it's going to continue to be shitty and not worthwhile to care about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WOW, both the ROH/NJPW shows being iPPVs is freaking AWESOME news!!! Having Ustream involved means I'm happy to give ROH another chance on the whole internet streaming thing, so hopefully it goes off without a hitch.

I expected it after Court Bauer made his way back to RoH. He understands how important this is. Praying that it's rock solid, and will watch live to see FE in the crowd and BornsonLaa and others.

The ROH/NJPW shows being on iPPV is goddamn awesome especially since they went with Ustream, who I hope is there in a production capacity as well.

No offense to ROHs production team since I know most of them, but... Eh... Let them handle it

Alucard

Banned
ROH is jumping back on iPPVs! They signed a deal with Ustream, and will be streaming the two NJPW shows to kick off their iPPV business again. Great news! Really hope it works properly for them this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom