• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Hopefully the iPPV works well for ROH. They'd really look like a joke if they fucked up their stream while they have extra eyes on their product from the NJPW involvement.

Also, it seems like hype for any indie events around WM is pretty low this year. Is it a lack of shows or soemthing?

What did he really have to lose?

I really hope Ustream works well for them. They deserve it after all of the BS they've been through and with how good their product has been this year.

He got over on his own, they hate when people do that, so they still resent him for it. Now he's at it again (not that it seems to be accomplishing anything this time with audiences).

Not just that, he apparently doesn't discuss his booking concerns with those that matter and instead goes on social media and bitches. I sympathize, but how would your boss feel if he found out you did the same instead of coming to him?

I am really only looking forward to Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar. I would love to believe that Bryan is winning the title and having a respectable run with the belt until at least Summerslam. I feel it is much more plausible that either he will not win at all or if he does win, he will drop it back a month or two later to Orton, Batista, or Cena.

Marvel

could never
My hype for Brock/Lesnar is actually dimming a little for some reason. Excited about HHH/Bryan and Cena/Bray the most.

DMczaf

WWE.COM: How did you and Savage have that reconciliation?

HOGAN: We ran into each other at a doctor’s office. I was on my seventh or eighth back surgery, and I couldn’t pass an EKG because I was getting just jammed up with anesthesia every three or four months. They couldn’t get my back right. My back was collapsing and they were telling my new wife Jennifer I’d never walk again and all of this craziness. Jennifer and I were sitting on those little seats in the doctor’s office in Tampa and all of a sudden the door opens and in comes Randy. “Yeeeah! Ooooh yeah! What’s up?” I went, “[Gasp].” Freaked me out, scared me to death. And he goes, “Hey, brother. What’s up, Hogan?” He had that gleam in his eye and looked really healthy. He gained his weight back and he had a wedding ring on. I said, “Hey, Mach, what’s up with the ring?” He said, “Hey, just married my childhood sweetheart.”

;_; dem feels...miss you Mach.

If only Macho and Hogan were able to have this moment in a WWE ring like Shawn and Bret... :(

Sephzilla

Bryan is totally going to get the strap at Mania, but he'll likely drop the belt to Batista within a few months. I don't see Orton getting another title run anytime soon and Cena's off in the Cenaverse battling the Legion of Wyatt.

You honestly think any of that was rational?

I think it's disingenuous for a company to mandate a specific hospitality guideline, especially when they turn around and shit on the rights of a large group of individuals. That said this really isn't the topic for it, this topic is for discussing popular video games and early aughts CW dramas.

BHZ Mayor

I am really only looking forward to Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar. I would love to believe that Bryan is winning the title and having a respectable run with the belt until at least Summerslam. I feel it is much more plausible that either he will not win at all or if he does win, he will drop it back a month or two later to Orton, Batista, or Cena.

Welcome to #TeamREALITY.

Ithil

Not just that, he apparently doesn't discuss his booking concerns with those that matter and instead goes on social media and bitches. I sympathize, but how would your boss feel if he found out you did the same instead of coming to him?

And it's been said by many that Vince hates people that whine about stuff instead of doing something about it. Ryder has never taken it up with Vince about how he is treated, he does passive-aggressive "woe is me" tweets that come off as pathetic instead of sympathetic, which is the opposite of getting on Vince's good side.

Jamie OD

Not a lot's been announced and probably the most hyped match (Cole vs Briscoe in a Ladder War) won't be on iPPV - the Dragon Gate USA shows should be good, but there's no word on how much Japanese involvement there will be (the only Japanese talent so far is Masato Tanaka who will face Chris Hero).

Also, while I'm sure the SHIMMER show will be good, Melissa vs LuFisto in a 90 minute time limit 2/3 falls match? That's probably going to be overkill.

I'll be at the SHIMMER show. I worry that either Melissa or LuFisto will get injured early and the match will fall apart because of it. Otherwise I'm expecting the entire match to go around 40 minutes. I doubt they will go near the 90 minute time limit. An hour? Sure that's possible, but not any longer than that.

DMczaf

Bryan is totally going to get the strap at Mania, but he'll likely drop the belt to Batista within a few months. I don't see Orton getting another title run anytime soon and Cena's off in the Cenaverse battling the Legion of Wyatt.

Bryan is unable to overcome the odds, falling victim to the Viper.

But what's that?! THATS JOHN CENA'S MUSIC! WHY IS HE OUT HERE?! He defeated Bray Wyatt earlier tonight in a legendary contest! HES CHALLENGING RANDY ORTON FOR THE TITLE... RIGHT NOW!

BROTHER! DUDE! JACK!

Marvel

could never
And it's been said by many that Vince hates people that whine about stuff instead of doing something about it. Ryder has never taken it up with Vince about how he is treated, he does passive-aggressive "woe is me" tweets that come off as pathetic instead of sympathetic, which is the opposite of getting on Vince's good side.

Quite right.

Right now I'm looking forward to Bray vs Cena and Shield vs Authority.

I have some conflicted feelings on Bryan at the moment but I can guarantee that in the heat of the moment I'll be super into that World title match.

Sephzilla

But what's that?! THATS JOHN CENA'S MUSIC! WHY IS HE OUT HERE?! He defeated Bray Wyatt earlier tonight in a legendary contest! HES CHALLENGING RANDY ORTON FOR THE TITLE... RIGHT NOW!

BROTHER! DUDE! JACK!

They would pull a WM9 with Cena.

I'm obviously looking forward to HHH/Bryan and then D Bry getting the title.

I'm pretty hyped for Bray/Cena though. Bray's promos have really got me interested in that match.

Sephzilla

Wait, are we really expecting DB to beat Triple H?

There's no way in hell they're actually going to run with a three heel match at WM that consists of a heel champion, a heel who gets gassed after 5 minute promos, and a heel who wrestles once a year. Bryan being in that match is going to make it one of the hottest WM main events in years

BROTHER! DUDE! JACK!
WEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

It's the Big Show! What's he doing out here!?! We're outta time, outta time!!

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
My hype for Brock/Lesnar is actually dimming a little for some reason. Excited about HHH/Bryan and Cena/Bray the most.

You know, WWE has trained me to always believe that Cena will win no matter what would make sense storyline wise, or who he is fighting against.(SummerSlam 2013 doesn't count as we all knew he was going to be out with injury.)

But this might be the very first time where I have no clue who's going to win a Cena match. Part of me still thinks that WWE will "Cena Wins lol", but the story for this match has been laid out so well and ACTUALLY stacked odds against Cena, that I almost think that Bray is going to win.

Regardless, WWE has made me care about this match FAR more than I thought I was going to.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Main event will end with Bryan eating shit and having nothing. Join team #NO and put that shit on the line with me!

If I had to guess, the three way main becomes a huge fucking cluster

Bryan 's about to win, cue Trips sending everybody out to try and stop him... then the SHIELD pops up so they can get a good moment. Then knee to Orton, Arriba

Sephzilla

Cena/Bray will be a good match simply because Bray will carry Cena. But the ending is totally going to be more CENA WINS LOL. The end of their segment on Raw totally gave that away to me since they're again doing the 'stack the odds against Cena' shit again.

Jamie OD

Just throwing it out there. What if HHH Vs Bryan ends in shenanigans and they both get added to the main event, turning it into a Fatal 4 Way?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Making a tournament bracket for the Shitty Wrestler Tournament 2014 (not shitty person, wrestler only)

Let's get going. Toss out some names.

Alucard

Banned
btw that Art of Wrestling with Buff Bagwell is insane. It's like, everything you expect wrestling to be. All the sleaze, all the country-ass parts, all the insanity - it's fun to listen to because it lives up to what I always feel wrestling is all about. And my god his voice has fallen apart. He sounds like a 60 year old waitress named Helen.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2014/03/19/aow-191-buff-bagwell/

Just think, we coulda been advertising legitshook.com on that shit.

He's selling past episode of his free podcast. /eyeroll

The story about his dad was nuts. Really good interview.

One thing is near guaranteed, the main event will have a clusterfuck overbooked ending.

Making a tournament bracket for the Shitty Wrestler Tournament 2014 (not shitty person, wrestler only)

Let's get going. Toss out some names.

Mongo is my pick to win.

You should limit this to people on the network so we can submit a worst match to judge by. It'd be too easy to pick some awful CZW fuck.

DMczaf

WWE will hype up Daniel Bryan wrestling in 2 matches in one night the next night on Raw as one of the greatest feats in WWE history.

I would be impressive, if a Puerto Rican hero didn't wrestle FOUR MATCHES IN ONE NIGHT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cena/Bray will be a good match simply because Bray will carry Cena. But the ending is totally going to be more CENA WINS LOL. The end of their segment on Raw totally gave that away to me since they're again doing the 'stack the odds against Cena' shit again.

Ummm, Cena is a much better wrestler than Bray. He'll be the one actually carrying th match in all likelihood.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Well, you guys shocked me. I am expecting Triple H to get the titles. I am not expecting anything else.

The guy ego has no limit.

Now now, stop confusing fantasy with reality, that's not good for you.
jxRKf3IPzerI2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom