• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Boners don't see color, brother.

tumblr_n30bxe6mpX1r89qoso1_400.gif

OK, the 70's roundtable was pretty great - not a terribly focused topic, but some good discussion about the landscape at the time and some of the more notable stars of the era. Bockwinkel's very soft spoken, but has a couple of great stories, while Patterson and JJ are great throughout. Watching the Texas roundtable now.

Dragonzord said:
Christina Von Eerie vs The Hounds of JusDicks

Who won?

BHZ Mayor

Ok I know about the whole calling someone a "he-she" thing and the creepy Lita interview, but where are the racism charges coming from with JR?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I know about the whole calling someone a "he-she" thing and the creepy Lita interview, but where are the racism charges coming from with JR?

Shitty stuff, like when he talks about a black athlete he calls his wife or girlfriend his "baby's mama" which is just irritating and shitty. Little things, but they pile up, yknow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of JR, some tidbits:

On his best and worst XFL experiences: "I do my best to forget bad experiences as one can't do any thing about them. I'd say sitting out in frigid, wet weather was not too much fun. The most fun was simply calling the games on TV. Wish I could call football again but likely that ship has sailed. Executives want youth of which I'm not."

On trying to bring prestige back to the Intercontinental and United States titles: " I Can't speak for the wrestlers. If they perceive that the IC or US titles are insufficient then that's regrettable. Can they mean more? Of course."

On how his blading in his 2005 match with Triple H came about: "How did it come about? It was an angle. It's simply what was done in those days. Not sure of your question."

On how someone could be part of a WWE tryout: "I'm unaware of any open tryouts at the WWE Performance Center without an invitation. You need to get noticed on the indy circuit and then earn the invitation. Good luck nonetheless."

DMczaf

How does Bret do it? He is New Generation's CM Punk in terms of being an unexplainable chick magnet. #game #newgenerationforever #neverthirsty

tumblr_n1dtcqI9g71s6qwzfo1_1280.jpg

Seems Rocky Romero was also involved in the recent set of WWE try-outs.

Rocky's so awesome, it'd be real cool to see him in WWE. Same goes for Koslov - he's improved a lot since WWE let him go from developmental.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seems Rocky Romero was also involved in the recent set of WWE try-outs.

Rocky's so awesome, it'd be real cool to see him in WWE. Same goes for Koslov - he's improved a lot since WWE let him go from developmental.

I like Rocky Romero a LOT. His weird bromance with Nakamura is fantastic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrestling related: The complete fuckover of Shibata and NJPW's inability to put someone new in the main event and stick Shibata in a fucking tag team makes me not want to watch the next ppv.

Like at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestling related: The complete fuckover of Shibata and NJPW's inability to put someone new in the main event and stick Shibata in a fucking tag team makes me not want to watch the next ppv.

Like at all.

This is like when people were upset about Bryan post-Summerslam, just in a different country

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny you mention that because Nakamura winning the cup was like Cena winning the rumble.

No one needed that, but they did it anyways because fuck having someone new in there. It's like every time I try to get into someone new in NJPW it's LOLNOPEFUCKYOU

strobogo

Banned
It's funny you mention that because Nakamura winning the cup was like Cena winning the rumble.

No one needed that, but they did it anyways because fuck having someone new in there. It's like every time I try to get into someone new in NJPW it's LOLNOPEFUCKYOU

But Nakamura is the best thing in NJPW and he should win everything.

jred2k

Speaking of JR, some tidbits:

On his best and worst XFL experiences: "I do my best to forget bad experiences as one can't do any thing about them. I'd say sitting out in frigid, wet weather was not too much fun. The most fun was simply calling the games on TV. Wish I could call football again but likely that ship has sailed. Executives want youth of which I'm not."

On trying to bring prestige back to the Intercontinental and United States titles: " I Can't speak for the wrestlers. If they perceive that the IC or US titles are insufficient then that's regrettable. Can they mean more? Of course."

On how his blading in his 2005 match with Triple H came about: "How did it come about? It was an angle. It's simply what was done in those days. Not sure of your question."

On how someone could be part of a WWE tryout: "I'm unaware of any open tryouts at the WWE Performance Center without an invitation. You need to get noticed on the indy circuit and then earn the invitation. Good luck nonetheless."

JR is doing an AMA over at r/squaredcircle tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what kinds of questions are thrown his way and how he reacts to them. There was a thread over there today echoing some of the sentiments from this read, so it definitely is not a Wrassle-GAF only point of contention. I just hope he has someone typing for his and doesn't end every answer with "Boomer Sooner".

Shibata's gotta pay his dues...again, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him do well in the G1 this year. He's not winning any of the major singles titles until he's contracted, though. How about a NEVER feud with Ishii?

Alucard

Banned
I am SO PUMPED for Impact that I'm about to do a DDP Yoga session just to get ENERGIZED.

impact.jpg

Tonight's lineup:

-James Storm vs. Gunner in a no count out, no DQ, must be a winner match.

-Magnus and Abyss vs. The Wolves.

-Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love in a non-title match.

-Samoa Joe vs. Eric Young.

-Bully Ray and Willow vs. Bobby Roode and Ethan Carter III in a tables match.

SEE YOU GUYS IN 25 MINUTES.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of amazing to me how much they're protecting Okada.

I get that you want to establish him as a guy who can compete with the veterans... But he's a young champion. He out 'veteran instincts' older guys, he's not even that big, (how much does this guy weight) but he beats guys twice his size with ease.

A young champion is supposed to make stupid mistakes, supposed to lose his title pretty easily even due to his stupid mistakes then come back hungrier. Okada just gets to win win win win win win win win win win lose win win win win win win win win

Sanjuro

I am SO PUMPED for Impact that I'm about to do a DDP Yoga session just to get ENERGIZED.

impact.jpg

Tonight's lineup:

-James Storm vs. Gunner in a no count out, no DQ, must be a winner match.

-Magnus and Abyss vs. The Wolves.

-Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love in a non-title match.

-Samoa Joe vs. Eric Young.

-Bully Ray and Willow vs. Bobby Roode and Ethan Carter III in a tables match.

SEE YOU GUYS IN 25 MINUTES.

I thought that place closed down after Hogan left.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to "miss" IMPACT again. Oh well, I guess I'll just listen to review an impact or try and remember the spoilers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta say it again, Sting vs Cactus Jack at Beach Blast 92 might be my favorite falls count anywhere match. The staredown on the ramp - fuck that was good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom