• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
1921878_10152308208429791_245228233_n.jpg

Canadains get a second chance with New japan guys

It's kind of amazing to me how much they're protecting Okada.

Honestly, I kind of agree - but, the primary reason why he's being so well protected is because it's worked (whether that's at the detriment to others in another matter). He came back to indifference at WK6 and then blew the roof off against Tanahashi at New Beginning 2012. If he'd stunk up the joint, we'd be in an entirely different situation today, but the fact is that Okada's popularity has only continued to rise. However, on paper it's certainly pretty crazy how well he's protected: at 25 he got his first IWGP title shot, which he won, getting two further wins against his closest rivals (Naito & Goto) before dropping the title back to Tanahashi. That's a pretty huge push and was certainly a gamble from Jado & Gedo.

As for the young champion stuff, it's safe to say he bucks that particular trend. Okada's presented as someone whose talent belies his young age. His character shows arrogance, but he's also shown to be quite reserved and calm in the face of adversity. He doesn't often lose his cool and, as you point out, he doesn't often make mistakes. Plus, he has the managerial skills (and booking power) of Gedo to draw from, lol. Regardless, his title reign's coming to an end sooner rather than later. No way he beats Tanahashi's record, so three more Okada title matches max.

Ithil

They are planning Okada to be THE guy for years to come, so it's no surprise they're booking him as a veteran top guy already. It seems to be working just fine, too, he's rising in popularity all the time.

somedevil

They are planning Okada to be THE guy for years to come, so it's no surprise they're booking him as a veteran top guy already. It seems to be working just fine, too, he's rising in popularity all the time.

I'm wondering the way he is booked happened in America would he get Cena reactions?

edit: Its hilarious they are booking MVP like an idiot so Joe turns heel.

Ithil

I'm wondering the way he is booked happened in America would he get Cena reactions?

edit: Its hilarious they are booking MVP like an idiot so Joe turns heel.

I don't think so, because Okada is a "cool heel" type, he's not a happy corny super face like Cena is pushed as.

Alucard

Banned
LOL @ EC3 and Rockstar Spud. HOLY SHIT! lol.

"The Hunt for Willow"

WWE can't touch Impact's backstage and out-of-ring taped stuff. Looking forward to seeing this develop over the course of the show. Haha.

Sokantish

LOL @ EC3 and Rockstar Spud. HOLY SHIT! lol.

"The Hunt for Willow"

WWE can't touch Impact's backstage and out-of-ring taped stuff. Looking forward to seeing this develop over the course of the show. Haha.

I dunno... the Team Hell No taped stuff was great

Oh, hey, Yoshi Tatsu still exists.

Busting out the top rope Uekara Don! In tribute to Manabu Nakanishi, who was one of his trainers at the New Japan dojo.

Corey Graves is so unremarkably bland in the ring.

I am so in love with Lucky 13, great looking submission

I'll give him that, it is a pretty sweet looking submission.

Alucard

Banned
Oh, hey, Yoshi Tatsu still exists.

Busting out the top rope Uekara Don! In tribute to Manabu Nakanishi, who was one of his trainers at the New Japan dojo.

Corey Graves is so unremarkably bland in the ring.

I'll give him that, it is a pretty sweet looking submission.

You're missing some Rockstar Spud and EC3 comedic genius!

Quick synopsis: They're "on the hunt for Willow." Walking through the woods. EC3 wearing aviator glasses and Spud covered in grass and camouflage.

Vylash

What's with the Natalya hate? I don't get it. She's top notch and one of the few women who can actually match AJ, Paige, and Emma step for step.

Natalya is bland and boring as hell in the ring, and is a black hole of charisma, one of the most overrated divas ever

Alucard

Banned
Really creative tag team offense by the Wolves in this match. So good.

...and Magnus just tapped out to Eddie Edwards. A tag team wrestler. The champ tapped to a tag team wrestler. LOL. They really couldn't allow Abyss to take the pin or to have it end in a countout or something? Weird booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom