• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville.gif

Showaddy

Dude's only 23 years old, he's undoubtedly going to get better.

Biggest problem he's got is that he gets lost on occasion and you can almost see him thinking "right, what am I meant to be doing now?".

Amazing as It may seem Bo has actually been wrestling longer than his brother. He's not inexperienced, he's just not very good.

somedevil

I'm still amazed by Bully Ray's 180 turn from maniacal heel wanting to set people on fire and wanting to piledrive pregnant women to pandering Babyface.

KissVibes

Banned
Natalya is a terrible entertainer and I've yet to see a match that was good because she's in it. Her promos sound wooden as fuck, especially compared to AJ, but holy fucking space shit CURTIS AXEL is better at talking than Natty.

She's absolutely insufferable on Total Diva's. her use of classic Bret and Owen sayings to put herself over is gross and shameless, because her dad is Jim Neidhart. A man who is nobodies favorite and is only remembered for his occasion to Bret and Owen.

80% of the time she tries to celebrate or get the crowd excited she sounds like a deaf person speaking. Send Natty to TNA and weird promotions in Puerto Rico, ASAP.

Alicia Fox is a better than Natty is. She isn't even good but shit, at least Fox seems genuinely interested in getting better at wrestling progressively over the years that she's been there.

strobogo

Banned
Amazing as It may seem Bo has actually been wrestling longer than his brother. He's not inexperienced, he's just not very good.

It definitely doesn't come as natural to him as Bray. Bray has more Mulligan in him I think. I thought Bo looked noticeably improved against Big Cass. Surprised me because I thought he looked as bad as ever in the ladder match.

Showaddy

It definitely doesn't come as natural to him as Bray. Bray has more Mulligan in him I think. I thought Bo looked noticeably improved against Big Cass. Surprised me because I thought he looked as bad as ever in the ladder match.

I honestly believe that anyone else with Bo's lack of mic & ring skills plus his poor physique would have been released after 5 years in development. His family is the only reason he's still around, let alone given a gimmick which takes advantage of his limitations and keeps him relevant.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly, after that match on NXT tonight, it's hard to believe we're talking about the same person.

I'll remember that next time you're marking out for Manik ;)

Just acting like wrestling fans who only watch the WWE and stick their noses up at companies like ROH because of "indy flippy shit." :p

Alucard

Banned
Any more news on the Kevin Steen and Michael Elgin tryouts with the WWE? Supposed to have happened between the 24th and 27th. It's the 27th now.

Hebner referee debate for some reason.

GUNNER VS. STORM COMING UP. WATCH IT. SERIOUSLY. EXPECTED TO BE A GREAT BRAWL.

strobogo

Banned
I hope Elgin isn't picked up. I don't care for him one bit. His super strength spots aren't impressive at all when he's doing them to 170 pound dudes while Cesaro is deadlifting Khali and guys who are a LEGIT 6'3. Legitimately 6'3. LEGIT.

Gunner and Storm. Should be a really good match. Seriously, this has been the best thing on TNA. Both guys have been great on the mic and the ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I stay out when Raw is on, even the NXT/Impact stuff is making my eyes cross a bit.

Ithil

Any more news on the Kevin Steen and Michael Elgin tryouts with the WWE? Supposed to have happened between the 24th and 27th. It's the 27th now.

Hebner referee debate for some reason.

GUNNER VS. STORM COMING UP. WATCH IT. SERIOUSLY. EXPECTED TO BE A GREAT BRAWL.

From the Observer:

Names we’ve seen listed for the WWE tryouts camp in Orlando from last week included ACH, Arya Daivari (the younger brother of former WWE wrestler Shawn Daivari), David Starr (who has worked for CZW), Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, Rocky Romero, Roderick Strong, Ronny Reeves, Willie Mack and Zane Dawson. We’ve confirmed ACH, Steen, Strong and Dawson. Mack was someone that AAA had on its radar as far as promoting in the U.S. Apparently Steen and Strong did well, with Strong as the star of the camp, both from an athletic standpoint and they were impressed with his speaking ability.
Keep in mind people there saying doing well doesn’t necessarily equate to being signed, because in the end, it’s about what HHH sees in you, particularly if you’re a name from the outside, which can work against you, since their mentality is they’d rather develop guys from scratch, but they don’t want to close their minds to people who are really talented either. The Romero name is interesting because he’s been a regular with New Japan, and his partner, Alex Koslov, had a bad experience with WWE.

Showaddy

I hope Elgin isn't picked up. I don't care for him one bit. His super strength spots aren't impressive at all when he's doing them to 170 pound dudes while Cesaro is deadlifting Khali and guys who are a LEGIT 6'3. Legitimately 6'3. LEGIT.

Iv'e been reading some the the initial tryout reports and I don't think Elgin was even at the tryout last weekend, Steen & Roderick Strong seem to have made a good account of themselves though. ACH was good apparently as well but he'll likely just be rejected for the same reasons Ricochet was.

Edit: Beaten.

Alucard

Banned
Strong deserves it. As does Steen. I'd love to see both guys in the WWE. Same with Elgin.

Decent start to the Gunner/Storm match. Expect another solid 5-7 minutes after the commercial.

somedevil

From the Observer:

Well Steen has the advantage of having his friend Zayn at NXT to say a good word about him. Also, if someone gets the Rock to give a good word about him he has a good chance to get signed.

edit: I wonder if New Japan is going to get nervous about the WWE with them most likely getting Devitt and trying to sign Okada awhile ago.

Alucard

Banned
Iv'e been reading some the the initial tryout reports and I don't think Elgin was even at the tryout last weekend, Steen & Roderick Strong seem to have made a good account of themselves though. ACH was good apparently as well but he'll likely just be rejected for the same reasons Ricochet was.

Edit: Beaten.

ACH has tons more personality, though. He's something different and more of an "entertainer" than Ricochet is.

I'm really rooting for Steen. He's spinning his wheels in ROH right now and is living off his title run popularity, but he doesn't have much going on with Cliff Compton right now.

Alucard

Banned
HOLY SHIT! Storm and Gunner just did the Foley/Edge through the table off the apron spot...without the flames, but still badass.

Showaddy

ACH has tons more personality, though. He's something different and more of an "entertainer" than Ricochet is.

True but the main reasons for Ricochet being rejected were his size and the fact they've already got high flyers like Zayn, Neville & Kalisto in development.

Alucard

Banned
Pretty good episode of Impact tonight, but it sucks that their World Title scene is the least interesting thing about their show right now. They need to move on from Magnus or actually start giving him legit credible victories.

Alright, shower and bed time. 'Nite, all.

strobogo

Banned
Ron Simmons should never had been given the title in WCW. He wasn't a good singles guy at any point in his career and I think Watts realized he wasn't good for the role as top guy. His title defenses were almost never the main event and guys like Sting, Vader, and Rude were still the real top guys. His run produced no memorable matches or angles and was strictly to do the first black champion thing and try to reproduce the popularity of JYD.

The timing of the NXT title rematch has me thinking that they might call up Bo after WM. Otherwise I don't know what the hell you do with him in NXT. Without the title his gimmick is meaningless.

Showaddy

The timing of the NXT title rematch has me thinking that they might call up Bo after WM. Otherwise I don't know what the hell you do with him in NXT. Without the title his gimmick is meaningless.

Putting aside talk of whether he's good enough to go up for not, Rusev was working house shows from before Royal Rumble and he's still yet to wrestle a match on the main roster. If Bo was getting even a hint of a call up we'd know about it.

strobogo

Banned
Wow. JR with allusions to WWF and the Ultimate Warrior during Halloween Havoc 1989's main event. Interesting.

Warrior was alluded to again at Starrcade 1990, but in general, from that point on JR would make digs at WWF on just about every PPV. He even took shots at the WBF on multiple shows in 1992. I'm starting to think the years of Vince publicly embarrassing him as much as possible was revenge for JR taking pot shots during a time when other companies were never mentioned unless you had a working agreement with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom