• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Is that really what TNA fans are calling themselves now? Can you get more pathetic?

"Shit WWE already took 'universe'. Well guess we'll settle for 'nation'..."

Honestly, the only company whose overall brand I'm a "fan" of is Ring of Honor right now. I watch WWE and TNA for the fleeting good parts. ROH has been kicking it in 2014.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love how terrified irl Hogan(or everyone else really) was of Andre. Even though he was the nicest guy, they all knew he could end any one of them at any second.

Ain't nobody terrified of Big Show irl.

That's why Stan Hansen vs Andre is such a freaking awesome match - Stan appears entirely fearless in the face of the giant, taking it to the big man before the bell's even rung and the result in they beat the shit out of each other for a good 10 minutes. Probably my favourite Andre match ever, although the Hogan one from '82 is great as well.

Xater

I love how terrified irl Hogan(or everyone else really) was of Andre. Even though he was the nicest guy, they all knew he could end any one of them at any second.

Ain't nobody terrified of Big Show irl.

Big-Show-baby.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
So, I need to vent.

I SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS FUCKING HOLY, IF I COULD HAVE A BOILER ROOM BRAWL WITH ANYONE IT WOULD BE WHOEVER THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE IF FUCKING INTERNET EXPLORER, BECAUSE BY GOD WHY CAN A WEBSITE THAT WORKS IN EVERY OTHER BROWSER ON EVERY OTHER FUCKING DEVICE NEVER EVER FUCKING WORK IN MOTHERFUCKING INTERNET EXPLORER.

PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE SHOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE. NOW!

Ugh. I love my job, but this shit can be too fucking frustrating sometimes.

-edit: Internet Explorer is the Sin Cara of web browsers, constant motherfucking botches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If we did terrible people in wrestling, Maeda would definitely need to be nominated. King of cheap shotting guys having worked matches.

If we did terrible people in wrestling, Maeda would definitely need to be nominated. King of cheap shotting guys having worked matches.

he never accepted wrestling as a work and he always felt he was the better shooter in Japan. he wasn't (Funaki or Suzuki could twist him into a pretzel).

funny thing is, he founded RINGS to show how legit he was but it was all worked shoots till the late 90s.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+

Warrior was alluded to again at Starrcade 1990, but in general, from that point on JR would make digs at WWF on just about every PPV. He even took shots at the WBF on multiple shows in 1992. I'm starting to think the years of Vince publicly embarrassing him as much as possible was revenge for JR taking pot shots during a time when other companies were never mentioned unless you had a working agreement with them.

He actually took a swipe at them an event or two back that was pretty funny. He was talking about how "the NWA is all about wrestling" and "you won't see any nonsense like snakes, et cetera" and then later in the night Ricky Steamboat came out with a Komodo dragon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He always struck me as like the kid who no one told wrestling was a work, and he thought he was just the toughest guy on the planet because he was 'knocking people out'.

Like, you'd never imagine him trying that shit on Tenta or Gary Albright. They'd fucking flatten him in a heartbeat.

Also, I love all of Tenta's matches in Japan have him working babyface even though he was almost always a heel due to his Sumo background.

Hasney

So, I need to vent.

I SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS FUCKING HOLY, IF I COULD HAVE A BOILER ROOM BRAWL WITH ANYONE IT WOULD BE WHOEVER THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE IF FUCKING INTERNET EXPLORER, BECAUSE BY GOD WHY CAN A WEBSITE THAT WORKS IN EVERY OTHER BROWSER ON EVERY OTHER FUCKING DEVICE NEVER EVER FUCKING WORK IN MOTHERFUCKING INTERNET EXPLORER.

-edit: Internet Explorer is the Sin Cara of web browsers, constant motherfucking botches.

I work in web analytics and I just love the look on developers faces when I tell them we still have 1.1% of users using IE7... And the rule is that any browser above 1% share must be supported. Some guy wanted to use HTML5 local storage for some page... NOPE!

I work in web analytics and I just love the look on developers faces when I tell them we still have 1.1% of users using IE7... And the rule is that any browser above 1% share must be supported. Some guy wanted to use HTML5 local storage for some page... NOPE!

As a developer, you suck, you're the Atlas Ortiz of people.

Aiii

So not worth it
I've told my boss flat-out, we're now going to support new browsers only. MS is dropping support for XP, we're dropping support for archaic browsers. If you want the fancy looking websites, with the fancy features, we're going to tell people still on IE7 and even IE8 to update their shit.

I just don't see any reason to cripple the user experience of 99% of your user base, because a few are too shit to update.

Hasney

As a developer, you suck, you're the Atlas Ortiz of people.

The numbers don't lie man. The 1% thing is company policy since it would affect ~40,000 visits per month.

Hell, unless people are editing their user agent for the lulz, we still have quite a few people per month on Windows ME. Somehow surviving without bluescreening.

I've told my boss flat-out, we're now going to support new browsers only. MS is dropping support for XP, we're dropping support for archaic browsers. If you want the fancy looking websites, with the fancy features, we're going to tell people still on IE7 and even IE8 to update their shit.

I just don't see any reason to cripple the user experience of 99% of your user base, because a few are too shit to update.

I suggested this, but apparently we have to be all-inclusive due to it being the public sector.

Hope it isn't quite as interference heavy as Colt/Marty was, I was really burned out by the time that match begun and it seemed to drag on and on.

Wonder if Steen/Marty or Zack/Nakamura will be the main event?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Road Warriors vs John Tenta & Jumbo Tsuruta

I guess Tenta and Road Warriors feuded a lot? Tenta just seemed to be the go-to guy when you wanted a big dude who could work. He's also hella over. Road Warriors look fucking badass. They got on all black instead of the red and white, and they got this clown-ish makeup shit on. Hawk is fucking JACKED. Dude looks incredible.

Tenta's actually pretty slim in this match. It's kind of weird. But let's get to why we're really here

LARIATOOOO
jumbolyshi5bxvf.gif

LARIUHH--DROPKICKOOO
dropkickuuu9ukak.gif

So no one in here is dumb like this, but if you're a dummy who thought the Natural Disasters were just fat and weren't freakish strength monsters. Watch this. Not only does Tenta catch Hawk(WHO IS FUCKING HUGE) off the rope, he doesn't stumble, and he puts him in a bear hug. He then has Hawk off his feet for several seconds. Tenta is carrying 6'3" 270(probably heavier at this point in his career. Like I said, he's really fucking jacked) Hawk in his arms with no support THEN powerslams him
tentpoweryzas3.gif

DOUBLE LARIATOOO -- Which Hawk no sells. Hey man, old habits and all that
hawkdsakdoekcg.gif

There's a brief couple of minutes after this where Jumbo and Animal do like submission moves and try to make the match technical or something. But then they just go back to cool big moves
powerslamuxkk94.gif

Pretty hilarious that Jumbo's the underdog in this match. Like Hawk and Animal beat him up all day but when Tenta comes in, Hawk backs the fuck up

These Road Warrior/Natural Disasters matches in Japan are great. They're short but sweet. They're not super technical. It's just what you would want. It's like they threw Thanos and Darkseid in the ring and said fucking fight each other.

That's why Stan Hansen vs Andre is such a freaking awesome match - Stan appears entirely fearless in the face of the giant, taking it to the big man before the bell's even rung and the result in they beat the shit out of each other for a good 10 minutes. Probably my favourite Andre match ever, although the Hogan one from '82 is great as well.

Yeah, though I mean that's essentially what hte Inoki match was too though. Inoki went right after him even if he knew it was like running into a rhino

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I need to vent.

Are you just like, not able to get it to work in IE? It's not rocket science brah.

Fun Fact: My work website (Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain) has an over 50% IE userbase.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are you just like, not able to get it to work in IE? It's not rocket science brah.

Fun Fact: My work website (Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain) has an over 50% IE userbase.

It's not rocket science, but the debug tools in IE are pure shit in telling you what the actual problem in your code is.

I got it sorted now, but it's just frustrating that for every website so much time is wasted just to get IE working. It's gotten alot better than before, but with the entire industry moving to webkit, it's just like Microsoft to foolishly stick to their own shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not rocket science, but the debug tools in IE are pure shit in telling you what the actual problem in your code is.

I got it sorted now, but it's just frustrating that for every website so much time is wasted just to get IE working. It's gotten alot better than before, but with the entire industry moving to webkit, it's just like Microsoft to foolishly stick to their own shit.

You're foolish.

There's never been a better time to start in life-
It ain't too early and it aint too late!
Starting as a farmer with a brand new wife-
Soon be livin' in a brand new state!
Brand new state - gonna treat you great!
Gonna bring you barley, carrots and pertaters,
Pasture for the cattle, spinich and termaters,
Flowers on the prarie where the June bugs zoom,
Plen'y of air and plen'y of room,
Plen'y of room to swing a rope!
Plen'y of heart and plen'y of hope.

OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, When the wind comes right behind the rainQ
OOOOk-lahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I, Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land (yo-ho)
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Inoki might have the most enviable career in all of wrestling.

•Mega star in his home country
•Founded one of the biggest companies in professional wrestling today
•Can visit North Korea without permission because what are you gonna do about it
•Mega event in North Korea with him and Flair wrestling. Japanese man loved by North Koreans.
•Handsome, great look in his youth
•Great moveset(manji-gatame, anyone?) and innovated one of the most used moves in wrestling history(enzuigiri)
•Huge event with Muhammad Ali
•Possibly the most influential wrestler on modern day MMA?
•Legend in Japan, outside of just wrestling
•Turns other legends into grovelling bitches when he's around(Chono getting smacked for having shitty fucking Luke Gallows. Maybe Inoki can slap whoever's doing NJPW for putting Bad Luck Fatso in there and for not giving the title to his second coming, Shibata)
•Fairly legit badass
•alsoprobablyayakuzaboss

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats Tropy on your promomotion. Hopefully you kick that alcohol addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom