• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Nah, it's TACO BELL time!

iqiv1MCaxwwuU.gif

Sokantish

Maybe they were trying to get a Yes movement with Bob and it didn't happen. It scared Vince from attempting to do it again for many years!

Sanjuro

I don't know. Less than 10 seconds ...

Do you remember how Diesel was booked for that brief period?

Bob Backlund winning against Bret Hart.

Bob Backlund competing against Diesel.

The latter just didn't work and it was a good way to segway to a matchup between the two without a Hart loss.

Sanjuro

What was the reason behind not having Diesel beat Bret for the belt?

There could be more to it. I just don't see Vince having hatred towards Backlund being one of them.

Backlund was a comedy character done correctly. He provided silly moments and entertainment, but HHH help you if he got you in his cross face chicken wing.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm watching WrestleMania 20, this PPV is making me really sad, decent matches overall, the clusterfuck Cruiserweight match, Goldberg vs Austin, boring super short Taker vs. Kane match aside. Guerrero vs. Angle made me extremely sad, Eddie was amazing guys, I miss him. And now Benoit's match :(

strobogo

Banned
If Punk had stayed, he could have had a mid show main event and hugged with Bryan at the end of the show. And then they could both be dead in 3 years.

Worn down by the match schedule, CM Punk was not satisfied with his in ring performances and felt his fans weren’t seeing his best. Meanwhile, the bumps had caught up with him, he was said to be in great pain each time he used the Randy Savage elbow drop. Outside the ring he was tired of butting heads with management backstage and had been disheartened by for some time with the knowledge that he would never be pushed as WWE’s top man, no matter how good his promos and matches were because he doesn’t fit the prototypical WWE wrestler profile. It is possible that Punk would have been willing to endure the fatigue and the pain and the stress had he believed a breakthrough was feasible. However it was the realization that his career had peaked in 2012 which sapped Punk of his drive and drove him to the exit. Punk is keenly aware his value to WWE increases the longer he remains on the sidelines. Punk had been scheduled to face Triple H at WrestleMania XXX.

Grain if salt,, etc

Showaddy

Guys, guys. Paige's signed photo on the store has a WWE logo instead of an NXT one, even though Neville & Zayn's still have NXT logos.
Plz tell me this is a sign guys. Seriously. Guys.

It's not a sign. I'm getting desperate.

Guys, guys. Paige's signed photo on the store has a WWE logo instead of an NXT one, even though Neville & Zayn's still have NXT logos.

Plz tell me this is a sign guys. Seriously. Guys.

It's not a sign. I'm getting desperate.
I'm already bracing myself for the worst

jred2k

I'm watching WrestleMania 20, this PPV is making me really sad, decent matches overall, the clusterfuck Cruiserweight match, Goldberg vs Austin, boring super short Taker vs. Kane match aside. Guerrero vs. Angle made me extremely sad, Eddie was amazing guys, I miss him. And now Benoit's match :(
The tag matches were pretty silly as well. They weren't terrible, but more could have been dine considering some of the talent in the ring. The Christian vs Jericho was really the only part of the first half of the show I enjoyed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
100%. When they were talking about it, all I could think about was Hulk and Vince in tank tops, both very sweaty, spit balling ideas in between rails of coke, veins exploding out of necks, and random sets of dumbbell flies.

If you've ever seen Frasier, it's like when Frasier and Niles holed up in a hotel room to write nonstop.

Side table has rails of coke laid out, only Hulk is using them because Vince has to type.

MC Safety

Do you remember how Diesel was booked for that brief period?

Bob Backlund winning against Bret Hart.

Bob Backlund competing against Diesel.

The latter just didn't work and it was a good way to segway to a matchup between the two without a Hart loss.

I don't remember, to be honest.

It seems to me if your championship match is a dismissive farce that takes place in less time than it takes to urinate, you've offended someone.

I see parallels with Daniel Bryan. But who knows the mind of Vince McMahon?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There aren't many transitions like that though. If Vince didn't like you, you're just not getting the title.

Either way, Backlund was a lot of fun on the program back then.

I seem to recall Backlund getting a pretty decent push, 10 second belt loss notwithstanding.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Lawler, I wasted a good hour last night watching the McMemphis stuff and loved it. Troll Vince can't be beat.

Damn right. McMemphis should be mandatory watching for any budding Wrasslin Historian.

strobogo

Banned
Damn right. McMemphis should be mandatory watching for any budding Wrasslin Historian.

Can't wait for the Network to start putting up JCP/GCW/FCW/Mid Atlantic/Mid South stuff. I wish big events had been taped more often back then. I wonder if Vince has any ownership of the USWA/WWF working relationship footage. They definitely own some random odds and ends from Memphis, as there have been a number King matches that have shown up on DVDs or 24/7, but I'm not sure if that was because it was technically AWA footage or what.

I'd also like to see prime AWA stuff put up as well. As dope as the Network is right now, it should be unreal in about a year.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I think he was on an 80s show as Hillbilly Jim's nephew.

Also guys, I feel no sympy for veggies. I'll slap the fuck out of a carrot.

I will drive down to Indiana and we can eat some zucchini pesto pasta with a quinoa Salad and a chia pudding for dessert.

You will see the light and change your ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom