• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Bret looks more and more like Stu every year. Do you think Charlotte shows her dick as much as her dad? I do like that everyone shits on Alex Riley every week. I wish he (and Byron) would decide if he's going to be a face or a heel and not flip flop every segment.

Ithil

1396047805366yhk31.png

Apparently the new Extreme Rules logo.

Zertez

Can't wait for the Network to start putting up JCP/GCW/FCW/Mid Atlantic/Mid South stuff. I wish big events had been taped more often back then. I wonder if Vince has any ownership of the USWA/WWF working relationship footage. They definitely own some random odds and ends from Memphis, as there have been a number King matches that have shown up on DVDs or 24/7, but I'm not sure if that was because it was technically AWA footage or what.

I'd also like to see prime AWA stuff put up as well. As dope as the Network is right now, it should be unreal in about a year.
Mid South was my first exposure to wrestling as a kid. They had a short live TV show on Saturday mornings and big matches down at the Memphis Coliseum. Tickets were free to the show on Saturday, but it was mostly promos, non title matches, or matches that ended in DQ. It was basically an live ad to get you to buy tickets to the show at the Coliseum. There was a lot of talent and legends who came up or through Mid South. Lawler, Bill Dundee, Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette and Jeff Garrett were the main ones who stayed around a long time, but I got to see Flair, the Von Erich's, Hogan, and a very young Undertaker. Kerry Von Erich was very special, he had the size, ability, mic work and made even the iron claw look incredibly painful.

Taker was young with little experience and had a Valet handling most of his promos, even then you could tell he was going to be huge, if he didnt die or burn out. By the time he made it to WWF, I think he had already lost a step. It was incredible how athletic he was at his size and how quickly his in ring work improved week to week. He took some very nasty bumps every week and I guess that could be part of the reason why he seem like he lost a step working hurt for so long.

strobogo

Banned
Mid South was my first exposure to wrestling as a kid. They had a short live TV show on Saturday mornings and big matches down at the Memphis Coliseum. Tickets were free to the show on Saturday, but it was mostly promos, non title matches, or matches that ended in DQ. It was basically an live ad to get you to buy tickets to the show at the Coliseum. There was a lot of talent and legends who came up or through Mid South. Lawler, Bill Dundee, Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette and Jeff Garrett were the main ones who stayed around a long time, but I got to see Flair, the Von Erich's, Hogan, and a very young Undertaker. Kerry Von Erich was very special, he had the size, ability, mic work and made even the iron claw look incredibly painful.

Taker was young with little experience and had a Valet handling most of his promos, even then you could tell he was going to be huge, if he didnt die or burn out. By the time he made it to WWF, I think he had already lost a step. It was incredible how athletic he was at his size and how quickly his in ring work improved week to week. He took some very nasty bumps every week and I guess that could be part of the reason why he seem like he lost a step working hurt for so long.

Everything I've seen of young Taker makes me wonder how the fuck WCW couldn't figure out what to do with him. But they also couldn't figure out what to do with Hall and Nash.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can take it as Nash being Nash, but I completely believe him when it comes to why they didn't get anything in WCW.

If you weren't related to Dusty or one of his buddies, you didn't get shit.

strobogo

Banned
You can take it as Nash being Nash, but I completely believe him when it comes to why they didn't get anything in WCW.

If you weren't related to Dusty or one of his buddies, you didn't get shit.

What I've seen from Nash in WCW was a giant guy who was good looking, charismatic, and was actually athletic. When he got to the big time, Vince told him to knock that shit off and he took it to heart. And I see pretty much the same thing in Taker, except way more athletic and maybe less charismatic. How you can't figure out what to do with either of them makes no sense to me.

somedevil

Well let him have his fun because when he signs with the WWE I doubt they will let him do that or do the jacket gimmick too.

He is doing Spawn for his match tonight.

Sokantish

I think I should buy ground zeroes, I still have that $10 credit that Sony gives you with the purchase of a PS4 so REALLY I'd only be paying $20 dollars for a demo. That's a steal if I've ever heard one

strobogo

Banned
It's a direct sequel to PW, so I would finish that first. PW is super dope. Metal Gear is super dope. FUCKING DOPE SERIES Y'ALL.

Was Batista always this fashionable? I just remember him being so boring in the past, but I'm sure I was just tuning him out.

Also, audience is so tuned out right now. LOL.

Showaddy

Going to have to get my arse up to Nottingham on April 26th to see Devitt. With him likely joining WWE that'll be the last chance I get to see him live for a long, long time.

I think I should buy ground zeroes, I still have that $10 credit that Sony gives you with the purchase of a PS4 so REALLY I'd only be paying $20 dollars for a demo. That's a steal if I've ever heard one

It's a fun game, which I thought got better once you got the 2 hour story out of the way. There's a ton of stuff to do after that.

XenoRaven

wtf is going on with gaming side? I'm too lazy and tipsy to read it all.
I don't know all the details but here's what I got from the thread.

famousmortimer was some sort of insider (I think he knows people at Sony). At one point he headed some sort of anti-DRM campaign or something? No idea. But anyway, out of the attention he got from that he decided to start and IndieGoGo campaign so he could make his own game website that would apparently "change game journalism".

Fast forward to yesterday, he made a bunch of claims about all the people leaving Sony as of late. One of which was him claiming the Driveclub guy got canned because he kept missing deadlines.

Today, Driveclub guy posted, said he didn't get canned, but his kid was diagnosed with a horrible disease and he couldn't take care of his son and work on the project, so he left voluntarily. He said he posted because he was legitimately concerned about his ability to get a job in the future if famousmortimer's claims went uncontested. famousmortimer's next response was some sort of dismissive twitter post where he just said he was "retiring as a GAF insider or whatever the fuck that means". Driveclub guy and famousmortimer work it out, famousmortimer apologizes, and then explains that he wrote the tweet that pissed people off before he had even read Driveclub guy's response, and the dismissive tone and timing were simply a coincidence. He got banned anyway and now some people hate him.

That's pretty much what I got out of it.

somedevil

Maffew from Botchamania posted this tweet:

MaffewOfBotchamania ‏@Maffewgregg · 1h

So happy for @FightSteenFight and @steenisright and all the other Steen Twitter accounts.

May you all enjoy the influx of new followers.

Is he hinting that the WWE signed him?

Sblargh

Banned
I'm missing Smackdown on purpose. I refuse to let such a bad show hijack my time.

Sure, I'll watch it... and the pre and post shows, but I'll do it when I damn well please!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like everything in the Metal Gear Series besides Portable Ops and 4. A Redbox that's not an hour away finally has Ground Zeros so I'll play that after tax season is over.

I think one of the main reasons why Dean Ambrose catches flack for being the third best performer in the The Sheild is because of his look. I think he needs a new haircut and maybe something adjusted to make him look a bit more intimidating. Seth Rollins has been absolutely top notch recently. Easily tied with Roman Reigns. Dean Ambrose is just inches behind them and I think it's somewhat due to his appearance being less intimidating and convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom