• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Dean Ambrose getting a bald spot? Greasy thinning hair is not helping him. Just shave it off.

edit: FUCKING NEW AGE OUTLAWS IN SUITS. SMH.

Showaddy

I think one of the main reasons why Dean Ambrose catches flack for being the third best performer in the The Sheild is because of his look. I think he needs a new haircut and maybe something adjusted to make him look a bit more intimidating. Seth Rollins has been absolutely top notch recently. Easily tied with Roman Reigns. Dean Ambrose is just inches behind them and I think it's somewhat due to his appearance being less intimidating and convincing.

As great as he is on the mic I think Ambrose could kick it up a notch with his ring work to be honest. He obviously better than Reigns but he's a long way behind Rollins in that regard.

XenoRaven

I think one of the main reasons why Dean Ambrose catches flack for being the third best performer in the The Sheild is because of his look. I think he needs a new haircut and maybe something adjusted to make him look a bit more intimidating. Seth Rollins has been absolutely top notch recently. Easily tied with Roman Reigns. Dean Ambrose is just inches behind them and I think it's somewhat due to his appearance being less intimidating and convincing.
Not trying to take the wind out of your sails but I have never heard this.

It's generally accepted that he cuts the best promos out of the three and has been praised for how much work he's put in in the gym.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
babby Jumbo and babby Hansen
tumblr_mmqqhdJPVR1r2g5mso2_500.png

The fuck is any of that shit? You eat oatmeal, you need to eat it right.

OATS AND WATER.

Fuck everything else. And no, no butter. Don't eat oatmeal like a fuckin dessert!

Berries for their health benefits.
Coconut and almonds for their extra protein and healthy fats.

I DON'T KNOW WHY ANYONE WOULD PUT WHITE CHOCOLATE IN IT THOUGH THAT'S DISGUSTING.

Not trying to take the wind out of your sails but I have never heard this.

It's generally accepted that he cuts the best promos out of the three and has been praised for how much work he's put in in the gym.

For sure. I've just noticed a lot of people saying it around the internet and it seems like Dean is usually the one to get more of the beating in matches.

He really should be wearing more combat gear and grow a beard if he can. Rollins and Reigns look much more intimidating than him.

Sblargh

Banned
The internet doesn't understand how the purpose of a faction is to single one guy out, that we put the other two around him knowing their careers will drown in the shadow of the one we choose to push.

/JR

XenoRaven

For sure. I've just noticed a lot of people saying it around the internet and it seems like Dean is usually the one to get more of the beating in matches.

He really should be wearing more combat gear and grow a beard if he can. Rollins and Reigns look much more intimidating than him.
Disagree on Rollins. Rollins looks like a pretty boy anime husbando. Not meant as an insult. He just has that look that spawns droves of screaming fangirls.

I think Ambrose takes beatings in matches because he's not Reigns and he doesn't have an obvious attention grabbing style like Rollins. Ambrose is my favorite member of the Shield, even with all the jobbing in tag team matches. Dude just seems half unhinged.

PInk Tape

Banned
I had no idea that mortimer was some sort of insider; I knew he started the no DRM PS4 thing but that's about it. The stuff that he did sounds really dickish and I'm surprised that someone who wants to change game journalism wouldn't fact check something like that.

Anyway...

I'm expecting two more teams after this.

Fake edit: Guess I was wrong.

Also, Dean's hair has been thinner for a while and that's probably why he has it out front now
(and to make him look more disheveled. Two birds one stone.)

BHZ Mayor

I really hate how the midcard keeps having variations of the exact same match on Raw and Smackdown. When this happened in Universe mode in 2K14, I thought it was just Yukes being too lazy to make fleshed out angles, but no. It's exactly what happens in real life.

I don't know all the details but here's what I got from the thread.

famousmortimer was some sort of insider (I think he knows people at Sony). At one point he headed some sort of anti-DRM campaign or something? No idea. But anyway, out of the attention he got from that he decided to start and IndieGoGo campaign so he could make his own game website that would apparently "change game journalism".

Fast forward to yesterday, he made a bunch of claims about all the people leaving Sony as of late. One of which was him claiming the Driveclub guy got canned because he kept missing deadlines.

Today, Driveclub guy posted, said he didn't get canned, but his kid was diagnosed with a horrible disease and he couldn't take care of his son and work on the project, so he left voluntarily. He said he posted because he was legitimately concerned about his ability to get a job in the future if famousmortimer's claims went uncontested. famousmortimer's next response was some sort of dismissive twitter post where he just said he was "retiring as a GAF insider or whatever the fuck that means". Driveclub guy and famousmortimer work it out, famousmortimer apologizes, and then explains that he wrote the tweet that pissed people off before he had even read Driveclub guy's response, and the dismissive tone and timing were simply a coincidence. He got banned anyway and now some people hate him.

That's pretty much what I got out of it.
Thanks for the recap. Kinda crazy that word actually got out to the game director that left.

XenoRaven

Thanks for the recap. Kinda crazy that word actually got out to the game director that left.
Yeah. A ban was certainly in order, although I don't know if a perm ban was really appropriate. A temp ban, junior status, and a moratorium on "insider" style leaks and I think all would have been good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know all the details but here's what I got from the thread.

famousmortimer was some sort of insider (I think he knows people at Sony). At one point he headed some sort of anti-DRM campaign or something? No idea. But anyway, out of the attention he got from that he decided to start and IndieGoGo campaign so he could make his own game website that would apparently "change game journalism".

Fast forward to yesterday, he made a bunch of claims about all the people leaving Sony as of late. One of which was him claiming the Driveclub guy got canned because he kept missing deadlines.

Today, Driveclub guy posted, said he didn't get canned, but his kid was diagnosed with a horrible disease and he couldn't take care of his son and work on the project, so he left voluntarily. He said he posted because he was legitimately concerned about his ability to get a job in the future if famousmortimer's claims went uncontested. famousmortimer's next response was some sort of dismissive twitter post where he just said he was "retiring as a GAF insider or whatever the fuck that means". Driveclub guy and famousmortimer work it out, famousmortimer apologizes, and then explains that he wrote the tweet that pissed people off before he had even read Driveclub guy's response, and the dismissive tone and timing were simply a coincidence. He got banned anyway and now some people hate him.

That's pretty much what I got out of it.

You're giving Mortimer way too much of a pass with that. He apologized in private while before making a snarky tweet. His posts were hurting the man with a horribly ill child's chances of employment. Libelous was the director's words, like lawsuit levels of defamation.

Mortimer always wanted to be an 'insider' but he would never accept responsibility when things went wrong or he was put in a bad situation. Months ago he even made a post how he was quitting gaf because of all the attention and his friends risking losing their jobs.

Apparently the employment of his friends weren't worth the attention seeking he so desired as he returned several months ago to seek more attention from gaf. He wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too.

WWE uploaded this to Youtube. They kind of misrepresent everything but it's kind of cute I guess.

It's adorable that WWE continues to try to push this agenda that HBK is the one responsible for Bryan's success.

Showaddy

Yeah. A ban was certainly in order, although I don't know if a perm ban was really appropriate. A temp ban, junior status, and a moratorium on "insider" style leaks and I think all would have been good.

He would have left Gaf anyway, no way he could have carried on posting after this shit.

PInk Tape

Banned
That piledriver looks vicious. Christ.

Fandango wins all the marbles.

Edit: I actually like Summer's outfit. It's way better than that yellow monstrosity she's been wearing lately.

Everyone should aspire to look like Bill Kazmaier. Dude can carry the world.

ibygCnuvBfHem0.gif
Holy crap, didn't know Kazmaier was once in WCW, I know him only from the World's Strongest Man ESPN shows. If I remember correctly, Ken Patera was featured in some of them. He sucked though, didn't do well in the events at all.

XenoRaven

You're giving Mortimer way too much of a pass with that. He apologized in private while before making a snarky tweet. His posts were hurting the man with a horribly ill child's chances of employment. Libelous was the director's words, like lawsuit levels of defamation.

Mortimer always wanted to be an 'insider' but he would never accept responsibility when things went wrong or he was put in a bad situation. Months ago he even made a post how he was quitting gaf because of all the attention and his friends risking losing their jobs.

Apparently the employment of his friends weren't worth the attention seeking he so desired as he returned several months ago to seek more attention from gaf. He wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too.

It's adorable that WWE continues to try to push this agenda that HBK is the one responsible for Bryan's success.
Thanks. I didn't really know all the background. The way he explained it, the snarky tweet came before he had even made contact with Col Rodgers as he had decided on his own after the heated discussion yesterday that being the "insider" wasn't worth the trouble. I believe him, and I'm glad he and Col worked it out. If there was a pattern of behavior developing where he would cause drama then say "I'm done leaking stuff" only to come back and do it more, then I can understand the ban.

strobogo

Banned
Holy crap, didn't know Kazmaier was once in WCW, I know him only from the World's Strongest Man ESPN shows. If I remember correctly, Ken Patera was featured in some of them. He sucked though, didn't do well in the events at all.

Man, Ken Patera is maybe the weirdest case of lost charisma I've ever seen in wrestling. If you see any of his stuff from before he went to prison, he was basically cutting Superstar Graham promos and was really animated in the ring. When he came back, he had negative charisma, couldn't speak to save his life, and was unbelievably boring in the ring. Whatever happened in prison ruined him.

strobogo

Banned
Maybe they should incorporate taking breaks and breathers into Batista's gimmick. Like he gets a full on time out because HHH says so.

PInk Tape

Banned
Possibly. It'll never be as big as Banderas but it's a contender.

I'm getting the feeling that Tamina will turn on AJ tonight after losing to the Bellas.

Edit: Ooh Vickie's on commentary.
Edit 2: Close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom