• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

How can WWE have two Irish guys? They've already given all the stereotypes to one of them, even naming one of his moves after the belief that Irish got really small penises.

Heh throw in Rebecca Knox and you've got the perfect, stereotypical trio...

Becky-Lynch-new-look-3.jpg

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+

One more and we're done with the Eighties!

Ithil

It's worrying how easily I can picture this in my head.

Devitt and Rebecca Knox already know each other pretty well, according to Devitt on his AOW, so it would probably end up better than it sounds.
But yeah, they need to avoid doing the "I'm Irish!" thing with him, that they stuck Sheamus with.

I just don't see Mojo Rawley getting over...ever. CJ Parker has a better shot at it.

That's an odd statement, because he's already over in NXT, vastly more than CJ Parker ever was. His modern Ultimate Warrior hype gimmick is an easy sell.

Showaddy

Devitt and Rebecca Knox already know each other pretty well, according to Devitt on his AOW, so it would probably end up better than it sounds.
But yeah, they need to avoid doing the "I'm Irish!" thing with him, that they stuck Sheamus with.

That's an odd statement, because he's already over in NXT, vastly more than CJ Parker ever was. His modern Ultimate Warrior hype gimmick is an easy sell.

Yeah I think Devitt trained her, either way both of them deserve a decent gimmick.

It's a shame Mojo get's gassed so easily though. He looks hyped as fuck coming down to the ring but runs out of puff pretty quick, he aint Batista bad but I'm not sure he's cut out for the gimmick.

Yeah I think Devitt trained her, either way both of them deserve a decent gimmick.

It's a shame Mojo get's gassed so easily though. He looks hyped as fuck coming down to the ring but runs out of puff pretty quick, he aint Batista bad but I'm not sure he's cut out for the gimmick.

Well, that was the Warrior gimmick down to it, sooooo

somedevil

The only problem with that if comes him talking like he does in the Bullet Club it screams Irish to everyone. They just have to have a good idea for his character when he shows up in the WWE.

He will be a heel but they have to find a new character for him because the bullet club thing isn't going to happen. He also gotta to get use to no cursing because in New Japan they love to use English curse words for heat.

Ithil

The only problem with that if comes him talking like he does in the Bullet Club it screams Irish to everyone. They just have to have a good idea for his character when he shows up in the WWE.

He will be a heel but they have to find a new character for him because the bullet club thing isn't going to happen. He also gotta to get use to no cursing because in New Japan they love to use English curse words for heat.

Well, he REALLY exaggerates his accent when he cuts promos in New Japan, to further the gajin thing. Hearing him on his AOW, he has a very soft, light accent speaking normally.

Showaddy

The Bullet Club's staying in Japan but if Devitt someone had the rights he could bring the RnR gimmick over pretty easily.

Edit: And yeah he really forces his accent in his promos. He's from a pretty well off part of Ireland and his accent is nowhere near that harsh.

Alucard

Banned
Bret looks better on this NXT episode than he's looked in a long time on television. And this Natalya vs. Charlotte match is very good.

Ithil

The Bullet Club's staying in Japan but if Devitt someone had the rights he could bring the RnR gimmick over pretty easily.

Edit: And yeah he really forces his accent in his promos. He's from a pretty well off part of Ireland and his accent is nowhere near that harsh.

Same goes for Sheamus. They (hilariously) talk about the mean streets of Dublin, but the place he's apparently from in Dublin is a posh part, and he went to a private Gaelscoil. He's no ruffian.

somedevil

Well, he REALLY exaggerates his accent when he cuts promos in New Japan, to further the gajin thing. Hearing him on his AOW, he has a very soft, light accent speaking normally.

Yeah, its up to him how much he wants to push the accent. He is better than poor Adrian whose accent is hard for him to control.

edit:
Let's be RRREEEEAAAAALLLL here:

How long will the period of "paying dues" last for Devitt? Cushy contract or not, he's jobbing to Ryder in house shows.

Just like the Shield or the Wyatts?

Alucard

Banned
There's the other shot of Crow so far. I'm trying to figure what design he's got going on his tights. Also it seems like he's a face.

Are they still going with the cult leader gimmick, or did they pull the plug on that due to the Wyatts already doing that?

If they billed Devitt "from the mean streets of Bray" that would be pretty fun.

These streets are pretty mean. Last year someone legit got stabbed outside my house. We also have a serial flasher who flashes random people along the seafront.

Ithil

Let's be RRREEEEAAAAALLLL here:

How long will the period of "paying dues" last for Devitt? Cushy contract or not, he's jobbing to Ryder in house shows.

Actually they don't like doing nothing with guys with big contracts, it's a waste of money. Del Rio started off with a big contract, and while he spent a while in FCW, as soon as he came up he got a big push. Now, that didn't work out in the end, but that's down to Del Rio himself, and also shoddy booking (and some real life problems like Edge being forced to retire in the middle of their feud).

So there are unknowns in the US, that they sign with the intention of making them a big deal. I mean, Del Rio was supposed to be the number two babyface eventually when they signed him, and also the number one guy for the Mexican market.

Alucard

Banned
GREAT TV match between Neville and Bo Dallas on NXT. Goddamn.

I really hope Neville learns to use the mic. He's a wizard in the ring.

Ithil

Yeah, its up to him how much he wants to push the accent. He is better than poor Adrian whose accent is hard for him to control.

edit:

Just like the Shield or the Wyatts?

Yeah, Adrian really does have a thick accent. If I were him I would see a voice coach or something so that he can tone it down to being noticeably Geordie, but completely understandable. It could hold him back down the line otherwise. Folks like Paige are pretty light accent wise, they get the "exotic" feel without being unintelligible.

Actually they don't like doing nothing with guys with big contracts, it's a waste of money. Del Rio started off with a big contract, and while he spent a while in FCW, as soon as he came up he got a big push. Now, that didn't work out in the end, but that's down to Del Rio himself, and also shoddy booking (and some real life problems like Edge being forced to retire in the middle of their feud).

So there are unknowns in the US, that they sign with the intention of making them a big deal. I mean, Del Rio was supposed to be the number two babyface eventually when they signed him, and also the number one guy for the Mexican market.

I guess it depends on what kind of plans they have for you. With a guy like Devitt, it's hard to tell if they do or not, really. We'll know quick when he's actually in the company though.

Ithil

GREAT TV match between Neville and Bo Dallas on NXT. Goddamn.

I really hope Neville learns to use the mic. He's a wizard in the ring.

He's a lot better at talking now than a year ago, but he's got a long way to go. It's not impossible, though. Seth Rollins was pretty terrible at talking in FCW, pretty bad still in NXT, and he was goofy as all hell as a heel starting out in the Shield. However, 18 months on, and he's hugely improved, he's even pretty good now.
For a guy with a goofy high voice and not a natural talker, Rollins has become completely solid in promos, which was the only thing holding him back as a star.

So if Neville works his ass off to improve that part, he can do it.

mrboo001

Banned
When the Wrestlemania OT goes up, are we linking the reviews to the forum posts or off site? Are we still linking the reviews right?

I went back and redid all my gifs for my review (WM 13), cutting the total size in half. I want to go back and replace the old gifs but the thread is locked. Should I get a mod to edit, repost it here or something else?

Dang. Listening to Devitt's AOW interview, brother had to steal wifi using his PSP in order to get internet and respond to Myspace messages. And he had to deal with playing Need for Speed with that thing. He been paid his dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom