• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Xposting from Network thread, new shit today:

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#66 - 1994/07/18
Legends Of Wrestling
Families - 2010/09/30
Old School
Philadelphia Spectrum 03/25/78 - 1978/03/24
Philadelphia Spectrum 8/27/88 - 1988/08/26
Search Only
RAW
Episode 32 - 1993/09/20
Episode 33 - 1993/09/27
Episode 34 - 1993/10/04
Originals
Slam City
The Crossing Guard - 2014/03/30
Surround Pound and Stadium Pt 1 - 2014/03/30

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#66 - 1994/07/18
Legends Of Wrestling
Families - 2010/09/30
Old School
Search Only
RAW
Episode 32 - 1993/09/20
Episode 33 - 1993/09/27
Episode 34 - 1993/10/04
Originals
Slam City

I love that they're posting Raw chronologically now.

Yes! More Slam City!

Edit: Aww... Rey Mysterio AND Shemus? Send them back! :/

strobogo

Banned

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#66 - 1994/07/18
Legends Of Wrestling
Families - 2010/09/30
Old School
Search Only
RAW
Episode 32 - 1993/09/20
Episode 33 - 1993/09/27
Episode 34 - 1993/10/04
Originals
Slam City

Pretty sure those episodes of Raw were already up unless they've been changed.

Awesome, more old school house shows - the '88 one has Macho Man vs DiBiase and Rude vs Jake, while the '78 one has Backlund vs Spiros Arion and Ken Patera vs Bruno.

Sephzilla

I like that they're chronologically adding Raws now. Granted at this pace it will be a while before we hit Attitude Era stuff beyond the 'Best of Raw'.

They should add New Generation Raws chronologically like they're doing now but maybe also add Attitude Era Raws at the same time. Good starting point might be with McMahon's 'no more saying your prayers' video.

JavyOO7

This is great. Not too long from now all of '93 RAW episodes should be up there.

I've liked what I've seen of '93 RAW so far... except for Rob Bartlett. He sucks something fierce.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure those episodes of Raw were already up unless they've been changed.

Usually they mark where they've been changed. I think this content update was actually yesterday's though so that'd make sense.

Goddamn I can't believe Michael Hayes' name on Total Divas :( makes me sad

strobogo

Banned
This is great. Not too long from now all of '93 RAW episodes should be up there.

I've liked what I've seen of '93 RAW so far... except for Rob Bartlett. He sucks something fierce.

They fucking suck. 11 weeks or so in and there have been all of two decent matches: Fatu vs Bret and Flair vs Perfect. I don't understand how I can watch jobber/promo filled shows from 1990-1992 and thoroughly enjoy them, but watch these Raws with occasionally competitive matches and fucking hate it. It can't just be Rob Bartlett. It's all the terrible current events comments and awful, awful humor, I think.

Just like today's Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They fucking suck. 11 weeks or so in and there have been all of two decent matches: Fatu vs Bret and Flair vs Perfect. I don't understand how I can watch jobber/promo filled shows from 1990-1992 and thoroughly enjoy them, but watch these Raws with occasionally competitive matches and fucking hate it. It can't just be Rob Bartlett. It's all the terrible current events comments and awful, awful humor, I think.

Just like today's Raw.

It's missing some things that make the 90-92 era good. It's missing a TON of PIP promos. It's missing Mean Gene in the booth, the command center. It's missing promos, promos, promos and it's missing hot BIG crowds. Early Raws were more of an intimate feel and it took away from the spectacle of it all.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Tinder > OKCupid. I know your post doesn't warrant my rant below, but I'll do it anyway.
I've never tried Tinder. I've had pretty ok luck with Cupid, I'm getting dinner tonight with a lady and coffee on Wednesday with a lad but I haven't found someone I was interested In dating yet. Wrestling and malt liquor are my eternal lovers.

She had to pick the Raw before mania timeslot ;(

Sephzilla

I watched a few more Legends of Wrestling videos on the Network this weekend. I'm really starting to not like JR. Not necessarily for anything that would come across as offensive/racist/whateverist, but JR just really comes across as a huge know it all to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
this is how you make a wrestling related webcomic
tumblr_n35vg6999I1s37joxo1_500.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno how y'all have time to date so much. My job takes up so much of my time, and then I gotta decompress after work, and I can only do that shit alone. If I'm around people every day of the week after work I don't keep my mental sanity.

God, they really need to improve the player on the Network - the bookmarks have disappeared for WM28 and I can either jump to half way through the divas match, or five minutes into Taker/Trips. The 'go back 10 seconds' thing is handy for gifs, though.

Mr. Sandman said:
I'm just waiting till I can binge watch a few months at a time on some of these shows.

Yeah, it'll be cool once we can watch all the TV and PPVs in chronological order, I'm really waiting for more territory TV, though - I really hope there's at least a few months of Mid-South TV up by the year's end.

I dunno how y'all have time to date so much. My job takes up so much of my time, and then I gotta decompress after work, and I can only do that shit alone. If I'm around people every day of the week after work I don't keep my mental sanity.

do it little by little. you don't need to move in with a girl you met after 3 weeks of dating like i di... a guy i know did.

but that guy is extremely happy with the decision.

Sephzilla

If WWE Network was smart, after they get a nice amount of Raw/SDs available they should put together some kind of playlist type option that would put all of the Raws/SDs/PPVs in chronological order. That way users don't have to hunt down specific episodes in order to keep stories going.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lambda i was g oing to post a new UWF match for you but the guy who uploaded it got taken down by smart mark video

who probably don't even own the rights to that particular video but hey youtube doesnt give a fuck. reminds me of when dragon gate took down MVs when they were just starting to get popular.

Rob Bartlett's terrible, I guess he's supposed to be playing some NY tough guy but it's just awful. He's so terribly unfunny as a comedian as well the few times I've listened to Don Imus.

Hasney

If I want to spend time with my girlfriend due to work schedules, I have to leave work at 5, get home, showered and packed, get the train and then a half hour walk from the station to her flat. Get there about 9pm and then have to get up at 5:30am for work the next day.

Must like her if that's worth it to me.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think wrestlers routinely share major details of their private lives with strangers.

Probably not, but if she was wearing a ring and was excited, who knows. As said, Twitter bs most likely, but figured it was worth sharing since it came from two seperate sources based in Tampa.

If it ends up being false, good. If it ends up being true, I totally broke this news and want full credit from all the dirtsheets.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate the WWE's new thing with OH THEYRE A REAL LONG REIGNING CHAMPION because they forget to do anything with it. Like Ambrose has had the title for over 300 days, but I think they should subtract months where he didn't defend it once.

and I'm reposting this because you sweathogs should watch it
Rick Rude vs The Ultimate Warrior for the WWF title - SNME 1990

This match is actually really good. Rude looks way more vicious in the 90s than he did in the 80s, and I guess he was teaching Warrior how to sell.. Because when Warrior sells in this match, it actually looks pretty good. When. he sells. Not to be confused with The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, or Shawn Michaels who just make everything look cartoony and fucking stupid.

Sephzilla

I really hate the WWE's new thing with OH THEYRE A REAL LONG REIGNING CHAMPION because they forget to do anything with it. Like Ambrose has had the title for over 300 days, but I think they should subtract months where he didn't defend it once.

and I'm reposting this because you sweathogs should watch it

They're trying to make the belts seem worthwhile now by giving champs long reigns. But they're missing the point of why a long reign matters; because the champ defends the belt.

AJ and Dean's title reigns are meaningless because they barely ever defend the belt.

strobogo

Banned
Bringing attention to Dean not defending hit title for months at a time makes the title look worthless, but also makes all the on screen authority figures look worthless for not noticing and not doing something about it once it was brought to their attention anyway.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're trying to make the belts seem worthwhile now by giving champs long reigns. But they're missing the point of why a long reign matters; because the champ defends the belt.

AJ and Dean's title reigns are meaningless because they barely ever defend the belt.

AJ actually defends her title once a month, which is pretty much the average for title defenses.

Penguin

As noted, WWE will air air a live Legends of Wrestling roundtable from Axxess. It will be hosted by Michael Cole and feature several "WrestleMania legends" discussing their memories of the big event. It will air on Friday at 10pm EST on the Network.

Glad, they finally going to update the WrestleMania episode.

Think one of the oldest, if not the oldest of the Legends of

Ithil

Eh, AJ defends it often enough for a low card champion, she usually has at least one defense a month. The problem there is they're killing their "champs look more worthwhile with a long reign" by jobbing her out constantly, where she loses almost all her matches clean, and just wins the title defenses.

So between never defending the title or jobbing out champions, their belts still mean nothing. Even Orton is a pretty weak champion, he's lost clean a lot lately, to Cena, Cesaro, several times to Bryan. Even Kofi has a pinfall victory over him.

Did y..that guy know her for more than 3 weeks or is it 3 weeks from the point that y...they went official?

3 weeks from that point. that crazy, good looking dude with massive genitals took a chance and it paid off.

lambda i was g oing to post a new UWF match for you but the guy who uploaded it got taken down by smart mark video

who probably don't even own the rights to that particular video but hey youtube doesnt give a fuck. reminds me of when dragon gate took down MVs when they were just starting to get popular.

what was the match? DailyMotion got a bunch of them too.

Vylash

AJ defends it often enough, Ambrose on the other hand defends it so infrequently that the announcers constantly joke about it

Ithil

AJ defends it often enough, Ambrose on the other hand defends it so infrequently that the announcers constantly joke about it

Usually in the same breath of praising how long his title reign has been. So basically negating that statement and dropping any potential prestige back to zero.

Gotta love that "no one gets over" main roster commentary.

Kaladin

Eh, AJ defends it often enough for a low card champion, she usually has at least one defense a month. The problem there is they're killing their "champs look more worthwhile with a long reign" by jobbing her out constantly, where she loses almost all her matches clean, and just wins the title defenses.

So between never defending the title or jobbing out champions, their belts still mean nothing. Even Orton is a pretty weak champion, he's lost clean a lot lately, to Cena, Cesaro, several times to Bryan. Even Kofi has a pinfall victory over him.

You know, there actually is logic behind the champs losing non-title matches, and then winning the title match.

All they have to do is explain that the champion is learning about his challenger and is finding ways to beat them when it counts.

Boom, booking done.

As expected they took the Free Trial off the Network since Mania's just a week away. So I just subscribed anyway.

And out of curiosity I picked Smackdown episode 1 as my first show to view.

Some thoughts:

-Debra took a guitarshot. Not gonna happen anymore with the current roster.

- A storyline centered around a DOG.

- Jericho using Fink as a distraction lol

- Undertaker had creepier music before O_O

- Steph was quite hot back then

Sephzilla

Maybe I just didn't notice the AJ title defenses because Divas matches are built in bathroom breaks, and because she's looked super weak for a while now.

Are there any champs right now that actually look/seem tough?

strobogo

Banned
You know, there actually is logic behind the chaps loosing non-title matches, and then winning the title match.

All they have to do is explain that the champion is learning about his challenger and is finding ways to beat them when it counts.

Boom, booking done.

It's usually more of a champion taking the match lightly because it is non-title and then losing because he got cocky. But they've been doing that since the 90s. The HBK/Tatanka feud was completely based on Tatanka getting multiple pinfalls over HBK in non-title/tag matches. That's how a lot of Flair in the 80s feuds started as well. It's just different when they have so much more content and we see it used every month.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i had it bad for suit wearing debrah. bad bad bad.
what was the match? DailyMotion got a bunch of them too.

Tenta and Vader vs Albright and some skinny Japanese dude. It wasn't the Japanese dude they beat up the last time. It was a different one. And it had a bunch of Albright suplexing Vader.

Ithil

Maybe I just didn't notice the AJ title defenses because Divas matches are built in bathroom breaks, and because she's looked super weak for a while now.

Are there any champs right now that actually look/seem tough?

Paige, Adrian Neville and the Ascension are all kept very strong.

Vylash

Her only good title defenses (not by her own fault, what the hell can you do with this shitty roster?) were the ones against Kaitlyn, and her latest one against Natalya

Kaladin

It's usually more of a champion taking the match lightly because it is non-title and then losing because he got cocky. But they've been doing that since the 90s. The HBK/Tatanka feud was completely based on Tatanka getting multiple pinfalls over HBK in non-title/tag matches.

That's also another way to put logic behind it. It's not just "Oh, look the champion is jobbing up to the title defense which he wins somehow." like the IWC wants to put it.

Ithil

It's usually more of a champion taking the match lightly because it is non-title and then losing because he got cocky. But they've been doing that since the 90s. The HBK/Tatanka feud was completely based on Tatanka getting multiple pinfalls over HBK in non-title/tag matches. That's how a lot of Flair in the 80s feuds started as well. It's just different when they have so much more content and we see it used every month.

Used every month for the same champion, no less. I think AJ's matches (especially tag matches) for the last 6 months have been on loop. She skips around the ring, gets hit with a finisher, end of match. Announcers shill Total Divas to an uncaring audience.

I love how Big E is so fucking terrible that they can't even get the title off him because that would involve a storyline with someone else.

can't wait for Zigglers post WM push. He should get the IC belt.

Kaladin

I love how Big E is so fucking terrible that they can't even get the title off him because that would involve a storyline with someone else.

can't wait for Zigglers post WM push. He should get the IC belt.

I wouldn't call him terrible, Big E is just one dimensional. He's a big powerhouse with a limited move set and that is all. He needs to go back to NXT and learn some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom