• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i can find them i'll do old Pride and K-1 stuff too. i think there was guy on Youtube who had full K-1 MAX events.

K-1 MAX was so good i bet even Aii liked it.

SPOILERS: Cookie Monster joins the Wyatt Family, helps Bray beat Cena on Sunday.

John_Cena_Vs__Cookie_Monster_by_NCM.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
This bash at the beach 96 is fun so far. I was under the impression that the nwo thing happened because the product was bland, but this is pretty good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great musculature. Definitely a spot on the roster for a man like that. how tall?

strobogo

Banned
LEGIT SHOOK WCW Superbrawl 3 1993

A good show. Barry/Muta have a good 70s style NWA match, Vader and Sting beat the shit out of each other, Scorp and Benoit have a 20 minute NJPW style match, and Orndorff/Cactus have a FCA match that sees Mr. Wonderful being a real dick. Ric Flair made his return to WCW. Jesse and Tony call their first WCW PPV together and are GREAT. They're probably my 2nd all time announce team.

iV11TOBxV2z7o.gif

ieo6x4GcnDb5D.gif

irchOVrBUrGVu.gif

ioIKXTzu6sCf7.gif

Alucard

Banned
AJ Styles vs. Michael Elgin is on ROH TV this week. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Btw, I'm Polish and I have no idea about this Polish MMA stuff.

Showaddy

Speaking of which a body builder who took part in the recent try out has written about his experience.

Incredible experience, but the most difficult thing I have EVER done, as far as athletics go.

I arrived in Orlando on Wednesday evening. Met my roommate and several others who were attending the camp at the car rental place inside the airport. We got our car and headed back to the hotel to unpack. Several of us then went out to eat, and turned in pretty early, as we knew we were about to go through hell.

Hell just might be an understatement. We arrived to the WWE Performance Center at 7:30am, as we did not want to be late for the 8am start time. We checked in and immediately had full physicals to ensure we were all healthy enough for the camp. I measured in at 6'2 3/4 and 282lbs. I was the second largest athlete there. There was somebody they brought in from Russia who was at least 6'4 and 320lbs.

There was 30 of us in total. 20 of the guys were experienced "professional" style wrestlers, who have been doing this type of wrestling for years and years (some as long as 10 years). They were professional wrestlers from Japan, and various countries around Europe, as well as the US. These are the people who have worked their entire lives and are 100% dedicated for the sole purpose of making it into the WWE. Almost all of them have impressive amateur athletic backgrounds, from All State and All American amateur wrestlers, football, track and field and other athletic endeavors. Several of them even majored in theater while in college for the sole purpose of trying to make it into the WWE.

The other 10 of us were referred to as "athletes." We have no "professional" style wrestling experience at all, but all have extremely various athletic backgrounds ranging from former NFL football players, All American amateur wrestlers, bodybuilders, powerlifters, Olympic bobsledders, All American college football players and even All American gymnasts.

I was extremely impressed with the coaches, as they knew ALL of us right when we walked in. They definitely did their homework as they knew our entire athletic backgrounds and all of our previous experiences. For all you wrestling fans, the coaches were Bill Demott, William Regal, Billy Gunn, Dean Malenko, Normal Smiley, Matt Bloom (Prince Albert) and several others.

Anyways, day 1 and 2 were broken down into two, 3 hour training sessions, with a 90 minute lunch break or so. After all the physicals were complete they immediately began our training which consisted of 3 hours of pure, 100% conditioning. This certainly isn't my forte, as all my training for the past 15 years has been geared towards lifting maximal weights, and no conditioning work longer than 30 second bursts. There were 3 wrestling rings set up and we went nonstop from one ring to the other to the other doing various wrestling style conditioning drills. Let me emphasize that this was 3 hours of practically non stop conditioning with various rolls, jumps, flips, slams, updowns etc… I thought I was going to die at least 5 times, but I never quit or gave up. I couldn't believe the extent that they pushed us, as this was by far the hardest thing I have ever done athletically. I would rather go through 2 months of college football 2-a-days then experience another 3 days of this. Brutal is an extreme understatement.

After each and every training session I honestly didn't know if i was going to survive. Every single muscle, joint, tendon, and ligament was screaming.

Day 3 was a bit easier as it was the final day, and we only had one session, half of it consisting of doing our "promos" and photoshoots. I did my promo as a crazy school teacher who was fed up with children who were spoiled, parents who don't discipline their children, and kids running the show while the parents sit back, hopeless and afraid to set rules and guidelines for their kids. Apparently it went extremely well, as everybody was super impressed with the promo I gave….little did they know it wasn't that far off of what I truly believe anyways!

At the end of the camp, the coaches gave us a great speech. Basically they all said that this was one of the best camps they have ever had (they hold 3 camps per year). Nobody quit, and we all powered through the training. They knew all of our backgrounds and knew many of us were not designed for that crazy level of conditioning. They simply wanted to weed us out, see who was tough enough, and who wouldn't quit. The WWE is a great company, and they took very good care of us while we were down there. I was totally impressed with the professionalism and dedication of the WWE. They said they will let us know, one way or another, if they want to offer us a contract or not within 6-8 weeks.

All in all it was an amazing experience, but an experience I never want to repeat. I have an entire new respect for all the WWE superstars, and the brutal training they put their bodies through day in and day out."

Great stuff but the guy thinking the main roster do this sort of thing regularly makes me laugh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of which a body builder who took part in the recent try out has written about his experience.

Great stuff but the guy thinking the main roster do this sort of thing regularly makes me laugh.

Reminds of when Louis Theroux went to try out at the WCW Power Plant. If you don't know him, he's a fucking pussy that makes great documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbf1jt9anM - This happened in the late 90s. Lots of WCW fun.

Rapstah

I was extremely impressed with the coaches, as they knew ALL of us right when we walked in. They definitely did their homework as they knew our entire athletic backgrounds and all of our previous experiences. For all you wrestling fans, the coaches were Bill Demott, William Regal, Billy Gunn, Dean Malenko, Normal Smiley, Matt Bloom (Prince Albert) and several others.
That's really impressive! They can't do these things very often.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
isn't this dude a former world's strongest man contestant?

not fat enough. WSM is so good. I encourage everyone to watch all of them

EDIT: looked at the footage, he was fatter then, but he's phenomenal

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great goddamn genetics. Cold blue eyes. It's a winner, brother.

Vince, i don't want to send you on a frenzy but jesus, this man would win the title day 1, berry Bryan in the process. look at the mass!

43555d1104631672-pics-mariusz-pudzianowski-mariusz-pudzianowski-1.jpg

Mariusz-Pudzianowski.jpg

994c77fc74d6a64a5ad1cf73ac563318.jpg

look at this deltoids, ffs!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God DAMN those striations in his quads. That's a strong motherfucker. Goddamn! Wonder how he looks at a higher BF%.

Are you sure Nazaaay isn't posting under your name?

Hey, it's just common ground. I have cold steel blue eyes too. We're kin.

Apparently it went extremely well, as everybody was super impressed with the promo I gave….little did they know it wasn't that far off of what I truly believe anyways!

Like Jericho and many others have said, the best promos and characters are the ones that simply turn themselves up a notch.

Goddamn, getting Progress tickets is a nerve racking experience - managed to get my front row seats, which was lucky as front row sold out in 15 seconds and the first three rows in two minutes. Mental.

could Bryan do photoshoots like these:

casual Pudz by a ladder
pudzian4.jpeg

Pudz gets frisky on the beach water. he's taken, ladies!!
pudzian-na-plazy.jpg

he's a warrior... and true men's man
S20_PUZIAN_ARCH_580x0_rozmiar-niestandardowy.jpg

So tonight Raw probably wont have any shockers. Just hype building and a couple decent matches.

wwe will continue keep Batista away from Bryan so Batista wont get booed in his home town or at WM. Obviously they want Bryan to pin Orton in the triple tHHHreat. "Don't mind me guys I just won the rumble and am in this match for no particular reason pls don't boo me." Pretty much the role they want him to play, neutral.

I'm expecting Bryan to come out towards the end of RAW and maybe brawl a bit.

Not expecting much tonight except hype.

Watching Bash at the Beach '96 for the first time as I finish up my work for the day.

What's the deal with Rey Mysterio Jr.? It's always been the same guy, right? Is this some weird Sin Cara Negro kind of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom