• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know if I ever saw Virgil give a promo. Ever.

i0xub1rAO0DLs.gif

Summerslam 1992. He had a big booger in his nose the whole time.

RE: tag match moving to the pre show.

Stupid. Usos deserved a true WM moment. This would easily be ppv quality if the Rhodes bros were in it but no instead we got fucking mexican team thatI cannot even think of the name.

strobogo

Banned
He also gave a hilarious promo during a Survivor Series when he lost to Yokozuna by calling him 'Yokozuma' and no one tries to correct him.

Fucking everyone said his name wrong. Even Fuji usually said "Yokozuma". Rarely did anyone get corrected. Bartlett said it wrong every single time with Vince right next to him and never got corrected. Hacksaw called in and called him "Yakazuma", which got a correction and his response was "Whatever, it's one of them JAPANESE names, tough guy, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! USA!"

Browny

Banned
Are Taker and Lesnar booked for tonight? If Lesnar doesn't leave Take lying in the ring after 3 or 4 F5's, with backstage hands surrounding him looking legit concerned, I'll be left sorely disappointed with the build-up of their match. Well, disappointed at the physical element anyway. At the moment it's looking so clear cut for Taker to win, Lesnar hasn't really got a shot in (yet)...

Also:

More Ring Safety Tips

Billy Kidman
Vader
Stan Hansen
Mick Foley

Hosted by Mr Health and Safety, Terry Funk

Are Taker and Lesnar booked for tonight? If Lesnar doesn't leave Take lying in the ring after 3 or 4 F5's, with backstage hands surrounding him looking legit concerned, I'll be left sorely disappointed with the build-up of their match. Well, disappointed at the physical element anyway. At the moment it's looking so clear cut for Taker to win, Lesnar hasn't really got a shot in (yet)...

It's an all hands on deck Raw. Everyone on the card is there.

jmdajr

Also:

More Ring Safety Tips

Billy Kidman
Vader
Stan Hansen
Mick Foley

Hosted by Mr Health and Safety, Terry Funk

Vince is probbaly just freaked out that Taker could get hurt before the match. Can't risk it.

Rapstah

I'm pretty sure Cody Rhodes actually shouted "dig that, fucker" instead of "Booker" at least once when he attacked Booker T at TLC 2011.

Why am I watching TLC 2011?

charsace

I doubt he making that much. Also, he put over the fed never said he is working for them in his speech.

I find if funny people think he is going to work for ICW while not being contracted to New Japan or any major company. According to Meltzer people in New Japan for a month believe he is bailing to the WWE.

If were doing fantasy booking you forgot the time needed to fight off the riot after that match.

New Japan pays him like a half a million a year. Then he has the Armani deal and probably others. He makes really good money right now. Unless WWE would match that I don't see him taking 35k or even 100k to throw a way a few years where he can earn much more.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Brock looks absolutely bitch made. He got fooled by a magic trick and has been running away from a 70 year old man for 3 weeks. The ex heavyweight champion of UFC is shook by a man with a walker.

jred2k

Mojo is kind of the shining example of "we're going to put a guy out there who is super hype, and the crowd will cheer for him because he is hype." You might have seen it on indie shows when the no-name guys come out early, but because they're babyfaces and cheering, the crowd cheers them. Well, that's Mojo's gimmick. He's super hype, and the crowd is super hype from him and that kind of gimmick usually can get a guy over despite his in ring abilities.

I think WWE might be seeing that it works well with a live crowd, but not necessarily with a national TV audience.

The WWE might have a tougher time making his family 10% of the audience every night when he is in bigger venues and travelling. His entrance video should just be a flashing "Applause" sign from a late night talk show.

somedevil

New Japan pays him like a half a million a year. Then he has the Armani deal and probably others. He makes really good money right now. Unless WWE would match that I don't see him taking 35k or even 100k to throw a way a few years where he can earn much more.

The thing is he hasn't signed a contract with New Japan. He been working without one for over 3 monthes now for them and is about to leave them after Invasion most likely.

So he is given up New Japan money to work for IWC? Also for Devitt to leave New Japan to the WWE they are going to pay him nice and probably includes a short NXT stay.

Kaladin

Brock looks absolutely bitch made. He got fooled by a magic trick and has been running away from a 70 year old man for 3 weeks. The ex heavyweight champion of UFC is shook by a man with a walker.

Undertaker is currently in his Old Man Death gimmick....or at least that's what I call it. He's past God Tier Taker. HBK and Triple H got the last of that. He's in a phase where he's more legend than reality. Old Man Death is fading, but is still as intimidating as ever. The question is, is he fading enough for Lesnar to beat the streak?

context pls

Brie was chewing out Summer Rae for pulling D.B. aside and telling him she cared about what he thought about her in regards to the rumors he heard about her sleeping with talent. Then she put her hands on him and felt him up.

Brie went to go chew out Summer and D.B. and Nikki were watching from around the corner.

That gif is D.B. mimicking what Brie looked like when she was scolding Summer.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Undertaker is currently in his Old Man Death gimmick....or at least that's what I call it. He's past God Tier Taker. HBK and Triple H got the last of that. He's in a phase where he's more legend than reality. Old Man Death is fading, but is still as intimidating as ever. The question is, is he fading enough for Lesnar to beat the streak?

Sting is taking the Streak

Mark vs. Steve

both will die in the ring, covering each other.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Brie was chewing out Summer Rae for pulling D.B. aside and telling him she cared about what he thought about her in regards to the rumors he heard about her sleeping with talent. Then she put her hands on him and felt him up.

Brie went to go chew out Summer and D.B. and Nikki were watching from around the corner.

That gif is D.B. mimicking what Brie looked like when she was scolding Summer.
Brie bitched out Summer earlier in the show so he was making fun of her doing that.
Thank you for clearing that up.

somedevil

WWE put up top 10 Wrestemania matches that almost happened:

* Mr. McMahon vs. Mick Foley: WrestleMania X-Seven

* I.R.S., The Headshrinkers, Rick Martel and Jeff Jarrett vs. Tatanka, The Smoking Gunns, Bob “Spark Plug” Holly and The 1-2-3 Kid: WrestleMania X

* Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan — WWE Championship Match: WrestleMania VIII

* Mike Tyson vs. Triple H — Boxing Match: WrestleMania X-Seven

* Razor Ramon vs. Goldust — Miami Street Fight: WrestleMania XII

* Big Show vs. Shaq: WrestleMania XXVIII

* John Cena vs. Jay Z & Fabolous — Battle Rap: WrestleMania XIX

* Kane vs. X-Pac: WrestleMania 2000

* Mankind vs. Vader: WrestleMania 13

* “Stone Cold” Steve Austin vs. Hollywood Hogan: WrestleMania X8

strobogo

Banned

But it is a haunted walker, man.

also, for Edge, Zord and all the guys who enjoy the "knee to the face takedown counter":

i73hIeBZsKWC5.gif

That looked like a pretty shitty takedown attempt. Looked like he was just going to go in side ways and not even get anything to begin with. He's leaning into that knee. Shit's a work, brah.

Hogan and Flair.....

God it's like Vince was allergic to money at that time. Who gives a shit about some house show numbers, that could've been match of the forever. In fact they never should've put them together on house shows in the first place. Whether Hogan was going over or not, that match needed to happen. God damn.

I'm just wondering why a pretty girl like Summer Rae would grope Daniel Bryan's pectoral muscle. Plus he gets a lot of screen time on Total Divas.

Some women really go for that rugged look, I guess. People have preferences!
Hogan and Flair.....

God it's like Vince was allergic to money at that time. Who gives a shit about some house show numbers, that could've been match of the forever. In fact they never should've put them together on house shows in the first place. Whether Hogan was going over or not, that match needed to happen. God damn.

Well, Vince based a lot of how he books based on house show numbers. In some cases, still does. But yeah, that Mania didn't knock 'em dead. That was the most papered Mania of all time.

Rapstah

Come on, Hogan.
“Something that just didn’t happen was WrestleMania [VIII at the Hoosier Dome]. It was supposed to be me and Flair. That just didn’t happen. We were scheduled to wrestle each other. We’d gone on a [Live Event] loop, went to Chicago, Minneapolis and Milwaukee and broke all the old records. Flair-Hogan was magic. You could have doubled the ticket price and it would have still sold out. We were on that fast track to WrestleMania. Me and Flair. Then, all of a sudden, the gears got switched and I never really figured it out.” — HULK HOGAN, AS TOLD TO RYAN MURPHY
It's like he actually looks back and thinks everything he ever did drew WM3 numbers and reactions.

Heel

He controls stadium lighting with demonic powers, dude. I wouldn't fuck with him either.

Not to mention his superior BJJ and striking ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom