• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/03/23/hercules-rock-dwayne-johnson/6086699/

1395604309001-3SneakPeek-HERCULES-MOV-jy-3497-.JPG

1395604309000-2SneakPeek-HERCULES-MOV-jy-3498-.JPG

url

new paige
emma-paige-650x389.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Weird to me he has a chest protector when his chest itself is bigger.

Orchestral version of King of Kings.
With a live Latin Choir for that extra final boss feel.
They can start swelling up again towards the finish of the match when Trips goes for the Pedigree which gets countered leading to a reversal fest backed up by dramatic choiring in tune to the in ring action.

Eh, it's a children's shirt. That's actually the best cartoon goat shirt they've made.
This one at least incorporates something resembling Bryan's Beard and hair style as well, the countdown to goat Bryan plushes begins now.

jmdajr

When he stopped being the blue blood. Which begs the question, what is Triple H's character? If I asked you to describe his gimmick without mentioning his job or title, could you do it?

Which version? I guess just an arrogant psychotic no nonsense wrestler. Granted that's not too Gimmicky, but I think that's part of what led to the success.

Sblargh

Banned
Time for The Brian Danielson Show: Total Divas!

Yipie!

What is an Asking Alexandria? I don't want to hear it, just want GAF to inform me if I should hate it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome back Shark!

Not that long ago you hated Devitt and thought he was ugly!

I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

Which version? I guess just an arrogant psychotic no nonsense wrestler. Granted that's not too Gimmicky, but I think that's part of what led to the success.

He went from the blue blood, to wearing a leather jacket and using his normal voice and toilet humor. On his dvd, he said he didn't want a character, just to use a normal name and be himself but there isn't really anything there. Steve Austin and The Rock were themselves to an exaggerated level but Triple H? I mean, The Game, The Cerebral Assassin? Is that referencing his backstage politicking? What's the Viking garb and King of King's stuff about?

It's just a mess of nothingness. Who the heck is Triple H?

jmdajr

He went from the blue blood, to wearing a leather jacket and using his normal voice and toilet humor. On his dvd, he said he didn't want a character, just to use a normal name and be himself but there isn't really anything there. Steve Austin and The Rock were themselves to an exaggerated level but Triple H? I mean, The Game, The Cerebral Assassin? Is that referencing his backstage politicking? What's the Viking garb and King of King's stuff about?

It's just a mess of nothingness. Who the heck is Triple H?

He's the real Undertaker.

Ithil

Devitt is going to spend a while in developmental. Live off Amazon Wishlist and apartment wrestling.

Actually he won't, if he has signed. They offered him a main roster contract, with presumably the same money he makes in Japan, so his stay in NXT will be brief.

jmdajr

I don't see what D-Bry would get from losing to Undertaker. I think the Taker/streak matches should be reserved for the older veterans like Sting, Cena, Batista, etc.

Punk got one, so I say why not. Sting wouldn't be able to put on a good match. Not at his age.

But hey. Surprise me!

Yeah.

I remember when he was talking to Kane? I think it was and he was saying he could hear the cow or pig whatever squealing after each bite.

Lost my shit at those promos.

CJ Parker seems to be running with that gimmick in NXT now, throwing shade at gas guzzlers and saying he's going to "humanely dispose" of his opponents. Funny how he was impossible to like until he turned heel and now I find it impossible to hate him despite the fact that I know he's still CJ Parker.

Sephzilla

Punk got one, so I say why not. Sting wouldn't be able to put on a god match. Not at his age.

But hey. Surprise me!

I think Sting has one last good match left in him. Taker matches lately seem to bring out the best in everybody. I thought HBK was done or at least a shell of his old self before WM25 happened.

strobogo

Banned
CJ Parker seems to be running with that gimmick in NXT now, throwing shade at gas guzzlers and saying he's going to "humanely dispose" of his opponents. Funny how he was impossible to like until he turned heel and now I find it impossible to hate him despite the fact that I know he's still CJ Parker.

CJ Parker, like Bo, turned their gimmicks into something enjoyable, but still sucks in the ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Former TNA Agent, D’Lo Brown spoke with http://thebradyhicks.com/ about the failed attempted made by TNA trying to compete with WWE and have another Monday Night wars back in 2010.

His thoughts on TNA trying to compete with WWE: “When [Hulk] Hogan and [Eric] Bischoff came in, there was also that sense of feeling that we could do something. And it just never really materialized like I envisioned it would … There was a sense of momentum, it was an excitement, it was a euphoria that was running through the locker room. We’re going to go live, we’re moving from Thursday, we’re going to jump on Monday, and we’re going to attack the bear. And by us jumping back to Thursday about a month later that let everyone know that the bear kicked our ass. That was very, very deflating.”

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So guys, inFamous Second Son was pretty fun.

I don't know.
I've been incredibly disappointed with just how much it plays like the last one. Like really fire grenades instead of lightning grenades, fire rockets instead of lightning rockets, the melee feels the exact same, 'fire floating' instead of 'lightning floating'

So far the only cool new thing they've added is the dash.

Sephzilla

I don't know.
I've been incredibly disappointed with just how much it plays like the last one. Like really fire grenades instead of lightning grenades, fire rockets instead of lightning rockets, the melee feels the exact same, 'fire floating' instead of 'lightning floating'

I'm actually glad they stuck with the main formula of things and kept it very much an inFamous title.

I don't know.

Do you have the physical version and do the fans go crazy while playing it? I haven't opened it yet and read some people in the OT complaining about it.

Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy - (AJPW 08/31/83)

This is Terry's first (but certainly not his last) retirement match, y'know, the one with him screaming "FOREVER!!!" afterwards. His retirement lasted all of a year and two months, as he was back in All Japan for the Real World Tag League in 1984. The match itself is a ton of fun - Hansen doesn't wait for the bell and doesn't give a shit about Dory, he just wants to beat the crap out of Terry one last time. Love them brawling through a ton of streamers. Once they get in the ring and the match starts proper, Dory does a fantastic job of working from under the much larger Hansen & Gordy and the crowd goes wild for him making his comeback. Peep that leaping dropkick from Terry Gordy - he hits it right on the jaw and seems to hang in mid-air for a second. No dude that's Gordy sized should be able to do such a pretty dropkick. Terry eventually gets in and is quickly bloodied by Hansen, but Dory makes the save and we get a nice finishing stretch with Dory showing Gordy his wrestling chops before taking care of Hansen at ringside, as a weakened Terry tries his damnedest to get the pin on Gordy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom