• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Gaming has just never been about graphics for me.

I enjoy the game playing itself, fun stories and characters and the like... When I think about VR I'm trying to find something in it that elevates gaming.

And so far all I've come up with is "you can turn your head and look around instead of using a analogue stick"

I'm sorry if I'm not on the hype train enough.

Sephzilla

For me it's just that I don't want to wear a goofy looking peripheral on my forehead all the time. Hell I don't even like wearing headphones when I game.

Best sleeper hold; Minoru Suzuki;

ibp8fgt7Iiji3g.gif

Love that he can just lock it in at any moment.

Best powerbomb, Terry Gordy's stack powerbomb;

iQSexdGC5OOKK.gif

Like Tenryu's, but with the added height and power of Gordy.

Best 'you know this is meant to be fake, right?' move; Katsuyori Shibata's corner dropkick;

ijJjBHwocvk5V.gif

jmdajr

Gaming has just never been about graphics for me.

I enjoy the game playing itself, fun stories and characters and the like... When I think about VR I'm trying to find something in it that elevates gaming.

And so far all I've come up with is "you can turn your head and look around instead of using a analogue stick"

I'm sorry if I'm not on the hype train enough.

You mean you are not gonna SLI those new 2999 Nvidia Graphic Cards? How can you enjoy games if you can't set all settings to the MAX!

Aiii

So not worth it
You mean you are not gonna SLI those new 2999 Nvidia Graphic Cards? How can you enjoy games if you can't set all settings to the MAX!

I once had an SLI set-up with max-specs. Boy that shit was power thirsty.

And loud. Oh so loud.

I'm back on a high-end laptop now, never again.

Sephzilla

I once had an SLI set-up with max-specs. Boy that shit was power thirsty.

And loud. Oh so loud.

I'm back on a high-end laptop now, never again.

This. I have no beefs against PC gaming. But my PS4 can put out really good looking games at a fraction of the power cost and runs super quiet.

Hasney

I'm on both PC and PS4 now. Steam streaming is a godsend, I can keep the PC noise in another room of the house entirely.

Getting stupidly addicted to trophies over Steam achievements though. Levelling up is kinda fun.

Sephzilla

This will probably sound nitpicky and stupid, but one thing that's turning me off from Steam is simply the fact that I can't put my games on a shelf and know that they're mine, forever.

Hasney

I think I only own 2 PS4 physical games. Due to worldwide pricing, even factoring in trade-in values, it's cheaper for me to buy digitally from the US PSN store.

Best super kick-Alex Rusev
Best European Uppercut-Cesaro
Best lariats-Konor
Best forcing the opponent to run the ropes-Victor
Best One week entrance music-Adam Rose
Best three minute stay hyped iron man match wrestler-Mojo Rawley

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn. I love being contrarian but I can't argue with that Lariato. It's perfect on every level.

Best snap suplex - Mr. Perfect. Loved seeing those go fast.

Raven's DDT was probably the last time the DDT felt threatening and serious instead of a "use it whenever" move.

XenoRaven

This will probably sound nitpicky and stupid, but one thing that's turning me off from Steam is simply the fact that I can't put my games on a shelf and know that they're mine, forever.
I used to feel this way, but I now feel owning a game on Steam is preferable to a physical console disc. Mainly because consoles seem to have abandoned backwards compatibility. So once you upgrade, you either have to hold on to a bunch of hardware. On Steam, you can play the game basically forever, unless some massive change in computer hardware happens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all about simplifying my physical life. Make everything digital pls.

Penguin

Goddamn. I love being contrarian but I can't argue with that Lariato. It's perfect on every level.

Best snap suplex - Mr. Perfect. Loved seeing those go fast.

Raven's DDT was probably the last time the DDT felt threatening and serious instead of a "use it whenever" move.

Perfect also had that great snap neckbreaker or whatever you call it.

He was.. Perfect

Sephzilla

I also don't trust gaming what-so-ever when it comes to digital software. As it is right now, most digital copies of games are pretty much equally priced with their physical equivalent. If gaming went all digital and there was no used-game market to keep prices in check, then I could easily see game prices start going up.

Plus, if a game vanishes from the digital store for whatever reason, such as licensing or rights issues, then there's no chance to ever purchase the game ever again. Hooray second hand markets.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I also don't trust gaming what-so-ever when it comes to digital software. As it is right now, most digital copies of games are pretty much equally priced with their physical equivalent. If gaming went all digital and there was no used-game market to keep prices in check, then I could easily see game prices start going up.

Plus, if a game vanishes from the digital store for whatever reason, such as licensing or rights issues, then there's no chance to ever purchase the game ever again. Hooray second hand markets.
Plus bandwith caps and garbage speeds for a lot of us make that future a nussience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a straightforward thing, but who has the best punch?

Well Da Undatakah has those MMA strikes

Honestly I'd have to go with...whoever sells best. It's very hard to make a punch special. :/ I just don't know. Maybe that's my answer - I dunno. I'd have to really look.

Mahonay

Banned
Cross post from Face-GAF. Handing out this belt to one of the production assistants on Friday. Also wearing my new NJPW shirt.
AyRegao.jpg

I already don't buy things if they're not just downloads, so we're in two different worlds here. I understand your side though.

Well Da Undatakah has those MMA strikes

Honestly I'd have to go with...whoever sells best. It's very hard to make a punch special. :/ I just don't know. Maybe that's my answer - I dunno. I'd have to really look.

Bobby Eaton used to get praised for his punches, and Ox Baker had his heart punch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bobby Eaton used to get praised for his punches, and Ox Baker had his heart punch.

I do love a good heart punch. Heart punch and stomach claw need more love. Was pleased to sorta see it come back with Barrett's Bull Hammer but...

strobogo

Banned
I don't like 100% digital because what happens when I want to buy a game and my internet is down? Or I want to sell it once I've played it?

Hasney

Is someone deserving of it?

Clearly what he should do is hand it over, mention it's the second tier belt, hit a finishing move on the guy and celebrate holding both that and the WWE title belt of his choosing. Turn heel on the office and unify the belts in one swoop.

I don't like 100% digital because what happens when I want to buy a game and my internet is down? Or I want to sell it once I've played it?

Yeah, I'd be the same if it wasn't for that sweet, sweet US digital pricing. Saving £20 a game is basically my resale buffer anyway. If it's a game I can wait for, physical games tend to go down quicker anyhow.

strobogo

Banned
Clearly what he should do is hand it over, mention it's the second tier belt, hit a finishing move on the guy and celebrate holding both that and the WWE title belt of his choosing. Turn heel on the office and unify the belts in one swoop.

He should have the ceremony to give the belt to this person and then give it to his buddy instead.

Or give him this garbage looking belt

New_TNA_X_Division_Championship.jpg

Sokantish

I ran into this problem earlier, I wanted to make breakfast but my power went out for 20 minutes! I was pretty upset and ate some doritos for breakfast

Mahonay

Banned
Is someone deserving of it?
As lame as it sounds, it's going to be two people holding the belt for the first month.

We have two new production assistants who have been working their asses off and doing awesome work. I'd be a dick if I chose one over the other. So they share it for now. Next month though, all bets are off.
The belt will return to it's rightful owner someday.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As lame as it sounds, it's going to be two people holding the belt for the first month.

We have two new production assistants who have been working their asses off and doing awesome work. I'd be a dick if I chose one over the other. So they share it for now. Next month though, all bets are off.

Tag team belts!

Hasney

I ran into this problem earlier, I wanted to make breakfast but my power went out for 20 minutes! I was pretty upset and ate some doritos for breakfast

FUCK DIGITAL BREAKFASTS

Clearly you need to be doing this

laycool-top-tag-team.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom