• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Some new shows on the network during WrestleMania weekend:

Hey a new Legends of Wrestling roundtable. I wonder who they will get for that.

I hope it is about how much of a cunt Michael Hayes is. They can have Rosa, Mark Henry, and me on it. Renee can be host and I'll put in a good word for Rafa.

Wrestlemania IC match.

Are they pulling double duty that night?

No. The match was for Main Event and it happened. Both men are in the Big Show's Big Nasty Bastard Daddy Battle Royal. The IC title isn't being defended at WM.

Have we talked about the latest WWE tryouts and how Kevin Steen supposedly lost weight and did well with cardio.

Still be surprised if he gets signed, but I said that about El Generico too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have we talked about the latest WWE tryouts and how Kevin Steen supposedly lost weight and did well with cardio.

Still be surprised if he gets signed, but I said that about El Generico too.

Yes, we did. And I'd be more surprised if the weight loss was significant. Hope to see him get signed/do well though! He's a lot of fun even if he's porky.

jmdajr

I hope it is about how much of a cunt Michael Hayes is. They can have Rosa, Mark Henry, and me on it. Renee can be host and I'll put in a good word for Rafa.

No. The match was for Main Event and it happened. Both men are in the Big Show's Big Nasty Bastard Daddy Battle Royal. The IC title isn't being defended at WM.

christian_zps6fdc381a.gif

Sblargh

Banned
I'm legit upset Ziggler did not win last night. :(

Even if I like a match, I am not necessarily cheering for someone specific to win, it's usually either obvious or I'm just there for the spetacle, but today watching Main Event, I was going ecstatic at every near fall, I really wanted Ziggler get that belt.

But alas... :(

New legends roundtable

Yes . They should get regal to replace JR

What is new? Rivalries and Wrestlemania?

Ithil

Yes, we did. And I'd be more surprised if the weight loss was significant. Hope to see him get signed/do well though! He's a lot of fun even if he's porky.

He has been talking for the last few months about how much time he's spending in the gym, so he evidently was working pretty hard to be in good shape for the tryout.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He has been talking for the last few months about how much time he's spending in the gym, so he evidently was working pretty hard to be in good shape for the tryout.

Hope he's dieting as well, because it's impossible to outwork a shit diet at a certain point in your life (late 20s usually)

Ithil

https://twitter.com/taguchiryusuke/status/448711737055780865

Translated, Taguchi is putting out a suggestion that his match with Prince Devitt at Invasion Attack be made a Loser Leaves Town match. Things are a rumblin.

And the report on the tryouts:

Ring Of Honor standouts Kevin Steen, Roderick Strong and ACH took part in a WWE tryout camp at the WWE Performance Center last week. In most cases, WWE informs the talent who take part in these tryout camps that they will be contacted within four-to-six weeks if the company has any interest in them.

Steen reportedly surprised a number of his peers by dropping weight beforehand and also for his ability to work his way through the endurance testing drills at the camp.

As previously reported, Steen’s deal with Ring Of Honor is set to expire in June. He has been telling those close to him that he does not intend to re-sign with the company, although he noted that he is open to working for them as a free agent, similar to Strong, Chris Hero and others. That would, however, likely not be the case if he were to get an offer from WWE.

I can see them liking Steen, but ACH I think they won't like. His indie flippy stuff is exactly the kind of stuff Triple H hates. Guys like PAC were signed because they're amazing high fliers, but also PAC is a good mat wrestler and can pace his matches.

It's pretty sad when the WWE of all companies can produce more compelling digital content at a steady pace with a reasonable price when compared to fucking Nintendo.

The justifying for VC game prices in gaming is just killing me on the inside. I think Nintendo fans are officially more abused than us Wrasslin fans, and they'll just lap that shit up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty sad when the WWE of all companies can produce more compelling digital content at a steady pace with a reasonable price when compared to fucking Nintendo.

The justifying for VC game prices in gaming is just killing me on the inside. I think Nintendo fans are officially more abused than us Wrasslin fans, and they'll just lap that shit up.

Wrestling beats Mario every time

Ithil

Hope he's dieting as well, because it's impossible to outwork a shit diet at a certain point in your life (late 20s usually)

Well there are guys like Bray Wyatt who are chubby, but who are actually in very fit shape really, with great cardio and speed. Steen can get past being chubby with his great mic work and if he has good cardio.

The first thing they do at WWE tryouts, on the first day of the camp, is to test cardio by absolutely running guys into the ground with drills and runs and whatnot. Pretty much to the point of making them vomit. If a guy gets gassed on the first day endurance run really fast, the WWE management overseeing the tryout feels insulted, since the guy didn't bother to show up in good shape, and it really damages their chances of being signed.

So if Steen did fine on the cardio tests, he will have done fine overall, he's a big talent and they'll recognize that.

Bandini

I'm legit upset Ziggler did not win last night. :(

Even if I like a match, I am not necessarily cheering for someone specific to win, it's usually either obvious or I'm just there for the spetacle, but today watching Main Event, I was going ecstatic at every near fall, I really wanted Ziggler get that belt.

But alas... :(

The match was pretty lackluster for me, even with wanting Dolph to win I couldn't get hyped. B[or]i[n]g E just can't work a good match. There's a ton of more interesting guys who should be fighting over the IC belt right now; between Ziggler, Cesaro, Christian, Rollins, Cody, and Goldust, you could take any 2-3 of those guys and start a good-to-great feud.

Thanks brah.

This thirty man lver thw top rope challenge is fucking pathetic idea. No midcard matches and thirty guysjn one ring is too much. Need my brahs out there having five star matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well there are guys like Bray Wyatt who are chubby, but who are actually in very fit shape really, with great cardio and speed. Steen can get past being chubby with his great mic work and if he has good cardio.

The first thing they do at WWE tryouts, on the first day of the camp, is to test cardio by absolutely running guys into the ground with drills and runs and whatnot. Pretty much to the point of making them vomit. If a guy gets gassed on the first day endurance run really fast, the WWE management overseeing the tryout feels insulted, since the guy didn't bother to show up in good shape, and it really damages their chances of being signed.

So if Steen did fine on the cardio tests, he will have done fine overall, he's a big talent and they'll recognize that.

poor Vinnie

tm24

I can see them liking Steen, but ACH I think they won't like. His indie flippy stuff is exactly the kind of stuff Triple H hates. Guys like PAC were signed because they're amazing high fliers, but also PAC is a good mat wrestler and can pace his matches.
I'll make sure to take pics of Steen this friday to show off the weight loss. This was him at ROH

BjX_FKRCYAA59EG.jpg

Also

*WWE would host a live "Legends of Wrestling" panel discussion on Friday 4/4, also from AXXESS.

YES! More Legends of Wrestling without JR ruining them!

Heel

Give this Steen fellow a tobacco spitting gimmick to blind his opponents + a few months of beard growth and he can join the Wyatts.

jred2k

Do you think Mario would ever put Luigi over? Look at Year of Luigi's failure. Mario left him out to dry.

Mario tried tagging with him during the summer, but the angle was just full of long rambling promos. Luigi was given plenty of chances, but he just couldn't sustain any heat.

strobogo

Banned

I think that's really a stupid and out dated way to judge people. You aren't doing 500 squats and running 5 miles in a ring, then doing 100 lunges followed by 200 push ups and another 3 miles. You're telling me that Hugh Morrus can do the cardio test? Or Taker? Or HHH?

UberTag

I think that's really a stupid and out dated way to judge people. You aren't doing 500 squats and running 5 miles in a ring, then doing 100 lunges followed by 200 push ups and another 3 miles. You're telling me that Hugh Morrus can do the cardio test? Or Taker? Or HHH?
Big Dave gets gassed cutting a promo. Imagine him trying to do the cardio test. He'd have a heart attack.

Sblargh

Banned
I wish there was a wrestling sim that let you book matches and try to push / bury people. There's something like that for Android, but I really wanted a proper game. Not hating on mobile games, but I hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom