• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

I think that's really a stupid and out dated way to judge people. You aren't doing 500 squats and running 5 miles in a ring, then doing 100 lunges followed by 200 push ups and another 3 miles. You're telling me that Hugh Morrus can do the cardio test? Or Taker? Or HHH?

It is in some ways, but it's mostly about the "showing up in shape" thing. As I said, if they fail the test badly, WWE feels insulted. It's to "weed out" the people that aren't taking it seriously, mainly.
They put a lot of emphasis on cardio for the matches, they train that heavily in the performance center. And I mean, guys like HHH and Taker can be excused because they're old and semi-retired. I doubt they're pleased with Batista being in poor cardio shape, either, but he's a star so he gets away with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Best Moonsault: Kurt Angle
Best German Suplex: Del Rio
Best kicks: Shibata
Best shoulder tackle: Dr. Death
Best punches: Razor RAAAAMON
Best lariat: Shuji Kondo
g.gif

strobogo

Banned
Jeeeeeeezus dudes, Steamboat/Rude iron man match is SO GOD DAMN GOOD. Some master level shit. Absolutely awesome. I hope guys on the current roster watch Frey/Watts era WCW and steal everything. Get rid of Hugh fucking Morrus and get Dustin down in NXT. Pay Austin to come down every few months and do a work shop. You already have Steamboat and Arn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jeeeeeeezus dudes, Steamboat/Rude iron man match is SO GOD DAMN GOOD. Some master level shit. Absolutely awesome. I hope guys on the current roster watch Frey/Watts era WCW and steal everything. Get rid of Hugh fucking Morrus and get Dustin down in NXT. Pay Austin to come down every few months and do a work shop. You already have Steamboat and Arn.

I need to rewatch it, I haven't seen it since I was much younger.

Bowser

So the Divas match is a Fatal 14-way?

While exact details have yet to be announced regarding the Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational taking place at WrestleMania 30, WWE.com is saying the match will be a one-fall contest, and AJ Lee does not have to be pinned to lose her Title.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Are there enough bathrooms in the world to handle that divas match? I would imagine every single person in the world will feel the need to go potty at that specific point in time.

Just ordered Dragon Gate UK tickets. European vacation confirmed!

Awesome, congrats man, should be a great show. Gutted I couldn't go to last years and I won't be able to make this year's either :(

Was hoping to eventually watch the shows on DVD, but they're still not out yet, as far as I know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, congrats man, should be a great show. Gutted I couldn't go to last years and I won't be able to make this year's either :(

Was hoping to eventually watch the shows on DVD, but they're still not out yet, as far as I know.

You fools! This is your one chance! Make it work goddammit!

The glare on my monitors is real annoying due to the windows in my office. I need to find a way to bypass this. Might need to rearrange things with the officemate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The glare on my monitors is real annoying due to the windows in my office. I need to find a way to bypass this. Might need to rearrange things with the officemate.

Whoa, windows to the outdoors? What's that like?

I work in a dungeon

Family shit, unfortunately - I will likely be at PROGRESS a couple of days after DGUK, though. Hoping they manage to poach one or two of DGUK's fly-in's, as they've managed that before when Tidal Pro flew in Adam Cole.

Have mercy! I'm not wrassle trained.

What's the info (date,ticket info) for progress?

Whoa, windows to the outdoors? What's that like?

I work in a dungeon

It is pretty nice. First time I get something like this. Located downtown. Not too shabby. They had Chickfila for lunch. Ate all the combined like 4 sandwiches into 1. Threw away the buns from the others lol.

How does a Fatal 14 way even work? Does someone just get swung around criticalling everyone in the ring long enough to score a pinfall or are factions going to be formed to prop up a single new champion selected by the tribe?
This just became the most Must-See match on the card.

I'll bet this picture is doing it for someone with a highly specific MMF/muscular/incest/suit/old man fetish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Laserfrog done came up, he has people doing fanart of him. That's fuckin fantastic.

jred2k

Article that picture is from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/msolomo...re-ceo-is-betting-big-on-the-new-wwe-network/

REAL Vince McMahon said:
Not that McMahon is keeping score. “I don’t consider myself a rich person,” he says in a rare moment of modesty. “I know that I am, but it’s not like I belong to any country clubs.” He and his wife, Linda, live in nearby Greenwich, Conn., but he doesn’t exactly treat himself to expensive toys. Years ago he owned a cigarette boat called Sexy Bitch, but McMahon’s indulgences are limited these days. “I have a car that goes very fast and a motorcycle that goes extraordinarily fast,” he says of his Bentley and a Boss Hoss 502. “I love speed.” Beyond that, he adds, “I don’t really have anything in common with anyone in Greenwich except zeros. Normally I do not like rich people.”

Real Vince McMahon is confirmed to be a poor lover?

What's the info (date,ticket info) for progress?

It'll be on July 27th at either The Garage in Islington or The Electric Ballroom in Camden (both are in the north of Central London) - tickets won't be on sale until May 26th I think, but they sell out super quick (27 minutes last time they ran The Garage), so I can grab some for you if you're interested? The prices aren't too bad, £15 for 3rd row, £20 for 2nd row and £25 for front row, with standing for £10.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm FE. Break your coworkers' special family photo and put up a curtain. Also ask how the hell someone else dealt with it previous.

But if you switch with your officemate then everyone will see you on GAF!

Won't switch, but rather rearrange the office. Gotta have my back to a wall. Secret browsing.

Hmm FE. Break your coworkers' special family photo and put up a curtain. Also ask how the hell someone else dealt with it previous.

Will break okay!

And no one dealt with it before because this is a new office and new location. Other people just have adjusted their desks around. I will most likely end up doing the same.

Rapstah

The Bloopers episode of WWE Countdown on the Network is pretty good... but why does Bill DeMott get interviewed as both Bill DeMott and Hugh Morrus? On the same show? Wearing different clothes?

Sephzilla

The Bloopers episode of WWE Countdown on the Network is pretty good... but why does Bill DeMott get interviewed as both Bill DeMott and Hugh Morrus? On the same show? Wearing different clothes?

I've caught at least one or two times where Road Dogg is billed as "Road Dogg" and then alter as his real name.

The Divas match seems like it could be really good. I think you guys are being too down on it. Any 1v1 or whatever match would have way less heat on it. At least in this scenario, AJ can get some nearfalls and people will at least be a little into it, if not completely. Tamina superkicking the shit out of her and getting a huge win in this way is a lot more interesting than if they tried a sincere 1v1 build for them.
I like JR on legends of wrestling. He is not funny, but he knows his stuff.
Once I caught on to his racism, the spell was broken. Everything he does on there is vile to me now. Lots of talking over people and bad arguments.

These things are edited down by new people who just go through decades of interviews. It's kind of awkward and why I like Beyond the Ring full documentaries better, because they're more focused on a particular moment in time with just one or two separate interviews of the people involved used as material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom