• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i47VawIgF8EXg.gif

Blue shirt dude is like your generic Indy Flippy guy.

He "ran the ropes" off a fence then took a spear breh, that's paying dues brother.

BHZ Mayor

So I just bought tickets to Raw on Oct 6th at Barclays.

Do you think mah boi DBry will be champion by then?

No, because he'll never be champion, and if he does ever become champ, it won't last more than one PPV period.

Cynicism aside, a Bryan reign likely won't be in place on October 6. GotG comes out on August 1. Batista will most definitely become champion (if he's not already) at Summerslam, August 17. If Batista goes into Summerslam as champ, there may be a small chance of Bryan getting the belt at Night of Champions, September 21, and lasting until the October 6 Raw.

It'll be on July 27th at either The Garage in Islington or The Electric Ballroom in Camden (both are in the north of Central London) - tickets won't be on sale until May 26th I think, but they sell out super quick (27 minutes last time they ran The Garage), so I can grab some for you if you're interested? The prices aren't too bad, £15 for 3rd row, £20 for 2nd row and £25 for front row, with standing for £10.

I'd like to. I'm piecing together some details and I'll let you know.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'm legit shook. Our Spanish professor announced were were doing oral exams today and we had to talk to him for 10 minutes about the topics of his choosing. Professor heel turn.

Striker

I love how AJ's tapped out pretty much the entire division so they have to throw literally everyone at her to get the title off of her

Of course that's not the story they're telling
She loses on weekly shows but prevails on the PPV. It's been that way for several months. They keep shoving Nattie, Brie, Nikki, or Naomi but never seem to decide which actual face they want to push (or is it suppose to be that way?). Something something Total Divas. Either way it's like how they booked the WHC often; lose on TV but retain on the PPV, rinse repeat. Title prestige in the toilet, nobody cares, etc.

Showaddy

I'd be morbidly curious to see Eva Marie as Women's champ together with Batista as WWE champ. Like just so I could say I was there to see the absolute worst champions in wrestling history.

Heel

Putting the gold on an unaccomplished women's wrassler from the Total Divas cast is almost assuredly better for the WWE's bottom line. There's more to This Business than in-ring savvy, friends. AJ will join season three if she knows what's best for business-ah.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He seriously had a boat called the Sexy Bitch?

137460079701.gif

Got Linda in a bunch of shit for it during her Senator bid. Fuck it!

Putting the gold on an unaccomplished women's wrassler from the Total Divas cast is almost assuredly better for the WWE's bottom line. There's more to This Business than in-ring savvy, friends. AJ will join season three if she knows what's best for business-ah.

It really is the smart move to promote someone on Total Divas as the champion, that was something lacking in S1. You watch Total Divas and none of them are the champ - so what do you do when you want to see more Eva Marie outside of TD? You don't watch WWE programming because she's not a sure thing.

Give her the belt, influence a new generation of women to be wrestlers. Do the math, it's simple.

Heel

It really is the smart move to promote someone on Total Divas as the champion, that was something lacking in S1. You watch Total Divas and none of them are the champ - so what do you do when you want to see more Eva Marie outside of TD? You don't watch WWE programming because she's not a sure thing.

Give her the belt, influence a new generation of women to be wrestlers. Do the math, it's simple.

Total Divas is the women's story line now and should influence where the title goes, whether people like it or not. They do not dedicate enough time to women in the regular programming to make people give a damn.

I know JoJo better than AJ Lee. That says something.

strobogo

Banned
This review is so goddamn good I am going to watch the show TONIGHT once I get a chance. You're all being robbed of some of Stro's gifs of this show. Amazing. I beg of you all to look closer at the link and see some amazing stuff.

Rude/Steamboat is just so good. One of my favorite matches ever from any era and any promotion. It's such a shame that Rude never got to show how good he was in WWF.

Aiii

So not worth it
There is next to no overlap between the Total Divas audience and the Raw audience. The holder of the Divas Title being on Total Divas or not means nothing really.

It's time for AJ to drop the title, but I hope it's to Tamina, because that would be the logical next step for a Divas Title feud for Extreme Rules.

Instead it'll be Nikki, because Cena wins lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does it not make the most sense for AJ to lose the title to Tamina? It's literally the only story they have in that division right now.

Is there a story? Because it just seems like she's just there. Like there was supposed to be a story there, and there isn't one now.

AJ is reaching Gregory Helms levels of 'we forgot you had the title after the buzz wore off' where there is no story.

Tamina is soooo bad.

I dare someone watch her end of match "celebration" last night at ME without laughing their ass off. She cannot act worth shit. I'm not even asking for mic skills, just simple facial expressions for fuck's sake, she can't even get that right.

To be fair though, she does have a mean super kick. Just as long as she doesn't harm my #Queen with it.

Both the Road to Invasion Attack shows will be iPPVs and are up for pre-order now;

NJPW, "ROAD TO INVASION ATTACK ~ WATARU INOUE RETIREMENT MEMORIAL", 2014.04.02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

18:30 Japan | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 02:30 West Coast

1. Yohei Komatsu & Sho Tanaka vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka)
2. Ryusuke Taguchi & El Desperado vs BUSHI & KUSHIDA
3. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
4. Yuji Nagata, Super Strong Machine & Captain New Japan vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
5. Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima) & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI)
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata

NJPW, "ROAD TO INVASION ATTACK", 2014.04.03
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

18:30 Japan | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 02:30 West Coast

1. BUSHI & KUSHIDA vs Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu
2. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima) & Manabu Nakanisi vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Jado)
3. Yuji Nagata, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
4. Hirooki Goto, Ryusuke Taguchi, El Desperado & Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Matt Jackson)
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI)
6. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo) vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs Nick Jackson

Interested to see some Okada/Fale interactions and seeing how Nick Jackson does in what's got to be the biggest match of his career. I was only going to get one of these, but the main event of the 1st one looks potentially awesome, so I'll probably end up getting both, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom