• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

jmdajr

Yeah this blew my mind too, but for whatever reason the first person I remember kicking out of finishers consistently was Kurt Angle. I think I remember he started kicking out of them on a regular PPV basis, and then everyone else started following along.

...also I never post here, I just lurk, but my friend and I were just talking about this yesterday so I felt the need to respond, lol.

I saw Kurt's new interview on the Network. I saw him making Austin tap. I did not know this happened. That's probably the only time that ever happened at the Stone Cold character. Even with Bret he passed out.

RkOwnage

Welcome, friend!

*Offers handshake*

Hello! I've followed these threads for years, just never have posted.

I saw Kurt's new interview on the Network. I saw him making Austin tap. I did not know this happened. That's probably the only time that ever happened at the Stone Cold character. Even with Bret he passed out.

Yea, This happened during his Heel run, didn't it? Even then, still shocking.

Sephzilla

If you want to get into really crazy rich people territory, Mayweather-Pacquiao did a 72 million dollar gate on about 16k attendance.

Oo04a.gif

God damn

Hello! I've followed these threads for years, just never have posted.

Standard protocol! Who's your fav five wrasslers (either present or all time)?

jmdajr

If you want to get into really crazy rich people territory, Mayweather-Pacquiao did a 72 million dollar gate on about 16k attendance.

Insanity paying so much money on a match that could be over in less than 1 round. At least my stupid worked show is going is going to guarantee me something to watch.

Then again Brock/Golderberg.

Anth0ny

I wonder if they'll top last year's gate this year

There's 100k dan ryckerts out there willing to pay thousands for a day of mediocre fake sports, no questions asked

Bronx-Man

Banned
which was worse, Lesnar and Roman tugging on the belt or Oldberg doing a shit takedown (called spear by Cole) on Lesnar after a boring Heyman promo?
I can't answer this one. Tug of war was comedy gold while watching Goldie sweating and puffing aftet doing the lightest takedown imaginable just makes me sad.

Like, you seen that huge fucking ramp they got for WM this year? Imagine him walking all the way down that damn thing.

Yeah this blew my mind too, but for whatever reason the first person I remember kicking out of finishers consistently was Kurt Angle. I think I remember he started kicking out of them on a regular PPV basis, and then everyone else started following along.

...also I never post here, I just lurk, but my friend and I were just talking about this yesterday so I felt the need to respond, lol.

Started with him getting some surprising kick outs at No Way Out 2001 and I guess he never looked back.

RkOwnage

He probably started kicking out in response to the 5000 times people had kicked out of the Angle Slam.

And hit us with a Fave Five.

1. HBK
2. Eddie Guerrero
3. Daniel Bryan
4. CM Punk
5. Sting

I was an Orton fan for a long time, hence the name, it was my Gamertag back in like 2003 when he started the Legend Killer gimmick, and it kind of stuck, but I'm not as much a fan anymore. Still entertaining but not in top 5.

Mahonay

Banned
I can't answer this one. Tug of war was comedy gold while watching Goldie sweating and puffing aftet doing the lightest takedown imaginable just makes me sad.

Like, you seen that huge fucking ramp they got for WM this year? Imagine him walking all the way down that damn thing.
Goldberg should just hide under the ring until it's time for his match.

jmdajr

And he has to start walking even before that!! :O

Insanity paying so much money on a match that could be over in less than 1 round. At least my stupid worked show is going is going to guarantee me something to watch.

Then again Brock/Golderberg.

It would be a bad idea to have Brock/Goldberg last 2 moves again but I'm still worried that they are actually going to do it.

kiguel182

That end segment was supposed to hype me for the main event? If they have a good match this will be the biggest swerve of all time.

Neville continues to do awesome work. He is doing great as an heel and can't wait for him vs Aries.

Raw was better than last week and, seeing the card, there are a lot of stuff that could be cool. Main event aside seems like it could be good.

Watching Angles intereview now. Shame he got into all those problems. Glad to see he recovered even if it's obvious the years took a toll on him.

miserable

maybe they'll use one of those carts that they had at the Rumble

RkOwnage

There's no one current in my Top 5, lol...I guess if I had to have a current one...it'd be:

1. Nakamura
2. Styles
3. Charlotte
4. Miz
5. Owens

also going to Mania this weekend. My third one...yay me?

jmdajr

Mania has potential to have some good moments.

I want to see Reigns kill Taker and go full heel.
I am wondering what insane bullshit Shane, or AJ, will do.
I am eagerly awaiting the possibility that Cena will not propose.
I am excited to see Maryse work.
I am curious to see if Golderberg can even take a bump.
What if Hogan shows up? How will fans react?
Lots of possibilities

Then again...

Pittbull

RkOwnage

Going to any of the surrounding indie shows?

I don't think so, I think we're going to try and go to Wrestlecon Saturday, as well as JR's show, but we're pretty much doing every show WWE is doing.

I hate to admit this but I've never been much of an indie guy, I've always followed WWE, and WCW when they were alive. I met a big wrestling fan at my current job and he's shown me a LOT of indie stuff.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't think so, I think we're going to try and go to Wrestlecon Saturday, as well as JR's show, but we're pretty much doing every show WWE is doing.

I hate to admit this but I've never been much of an indie guy, I've always followed WWE, and WCW when they were alive. I met a big wrestling fan at my current job and he's shown me a LOT of indie stuff.
Poor JR, crazy that he's sticking it out. Please send him our condolences.

RkOwnage

Poor JR, crazy that he's sticking it out. Please send him our condolences.

I know! I'm guessing he just wants to be around fans and wrestling family to try and keep him in good spirits, and I will definitely send the love. I also wanted to try and do Conrad/Bruce Prichard's show but it sold out quick.

Striker

I don't think Undertaker has ever topped the Undertaker / Mankind feud. They both saved their careers and they were the best thing on the screen at a time when everything else was stuck in New Generation.

I'll never forget an episode where they did a battle royal on Raw and Undertaker and Mankind had their own brawl throughout the entire building through it.
To me he's his best opponent, easily. The feud went on a while but both guys bust their ass every time they stepped foot in the ring.

I give Paul Bearer a huuuuuge credit to The Undertaker character. He basically sold the Kane story and making people give a shit. Truthfully, without him I don't care as much about him. Maybe the American Badass role where he started being more authentic on the mic, but post 2004? Good matches but as a character he wasn't exciting.

Heroman

Banned

You should, there going to be ton of wreslting show going on that weekend and some alot of them will be better than WM 33.

Kaladin

I wonder if next year New Japan will have the balls to do a show in the US on Mania weekend?

They would have to do it Saturday night, which already features:

NXT Takeover
Ring of Honor
Combat Zone Wrestling
WWN (Evolve + Others) Supershow

and more, I'm sure I'm missing.

Fuck man, I remember when the only option for wrestling on Friday and Saturday night before Mania was Ring of Honor.

Hex

Banned

AJG0fvj.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They are trying, someone thinks this is good card.

They think its a good show for building Roman; I doubt anyone thinks the show itself is going to get over any more than any average WrestleMania past No. 20.

Lmao at that entire HHH SI interview. He and Steph genuinely think they're the good guys abd need to change nothing, and Reigns sells enough merch that nothing needs to change there either. Y'all are screwed thinking Vince's inevitable exit changes anything of significance

Zach

Lmao at that entire HHH SI interview. He and Steph genuinely think they're the good guys abd need to change nothing, and Reigns sells enough merch that nothing needs to change there either. Y'all are screwed thinking Vince's inevitable exit changes anything of significance

I bet the camera work and commentary would improve at least.

Top Bottom