• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

somedevil

WWE would be an excellent case study in extracting maximum possible value from a dwindling, yet dedicated, audience base

wmgates1.png

The funny thing is graph you used is from the person who disagrees with your notion.

The article basically has this point.

http://www.fightful.com/wrestlemania-business-stats

Popularity of the WWE product overall in the last 15 years has been stable but not near the levels of those two boom periods. WrestleMania itself however is more popular than ever.

You'd think Goldberg would do even a little cardio so he doesn't get gassed in 15 seconds

dL84EJn.jpg

There's no one current in my Top 5, lol...I guess if I had to have a current one...it'd be:

1. Nakamura
2. Styles
3. Charlotte
4. Miz
5. Owens

also going to Mania this weekend. My third one...yay me?
Welcome!
You can never leave

klonere

Banned
I thought this was a joke post, but then I googled......

All the usual Twitter insider suspects are hinting at something like this happening

It would explain why that match is happening at all honestly

The funny thing is graph you used is from the person who disagrees with your notion.

The article basically has this point.

http://www.fightful.com/wrestlemania-business-stats

I don't think our points are all that different; WWE's overall popularity is definitely down but the way they structure their business means they pull in a lot of revenue from a small base of very hardcore fans, focused around Wrestlemania.

Kaladin

So they seriously did an angle where they randomly used ladders on Raw with the tag champs and now the Raw tag title match is a ladder match?

Not that I'm not happy about seeing Cesaro in a ladder match, I am.....it's just....damn. They really rushed that shit.

Then, I see the Hardy brothers being offered a WWE contract, closing their web store, and the Meltz saying they're going to WWE and it's really only a matter of Mania or Raw after Mania.

I think the ladder match essentially confirms it.

somedevil

He was talking shit about him both on air and on Twitter.

I just assume it was part of it.

Cause this is not the first time he has missed a event due to this problem.

I don't think our points are all that different; WWE's overall popularity is definitely down but the way they structure their business means they pull in a lot of revenue from a small base of very hardcore fans, focused around Wrestlemania.

Its not dwindling according the article. This no boom period but since end of the attitude era the popularity has been stable for the last 15 years.

What WWE got booming is the whole Wrestlemania experience.

klonere

Banned
I'm super disappointed they didn't use the burning down of the shack change Bray's character at all. Surely something that huge should make him more vicious, maybe shed some of the hocus pocus. But nah, he's actually regressed, bringing back the weird mask dudes and going off to fucking crazy town with this Sister Abagail shit

Another live show to add to the pile, Wrestle Circus is running "Midnight-ish After Mania", which is an after show for Mania. iPPV at WrestleCircus.com/ippv

Card so far:
Candice & Joey v Sami Callihan & Jessika Havok
Brian Cage v Dezmond Xavier
Shane Strickland v Mike Elgin
ACH v Martin Stone

Kaladin

I'm super disappointed they didn't use the burning down of the shack change Bray's character at all. Surely something that huge should make him more vicious, maybe shed some of the hocus pocus. But nah, he's actually regressed, bringing back the weird mask dudes and going off to fucking crazy town with this Sister Abagail shit

That is the change though, apparently allowing Sister Abigail to be inside of him has made him more powerful.

I think the Harper match tonight is his first match back since that happened.

We'll see what happens tonight against Luke Harper we might see a more vicious Wyatt

Another live show to add to the pile, Wrestle Circus is running "Midnight-ish After Mania", which is an after show for Mania. iPPV at WrestleCircus.com/ippv

Card so far:
Candice & Joey v Sami Callihan & Jessika Havok
Brian Cage v Dezmond Xavier
Shane Strickland v Mike Elgin
ACH v Martin Stone

I'll probably get the VOD eventually but plan on taking a week off from wrasslin after RAW the next night.

Top Bottom