• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

They still mentioned nothing about Mauro.

That they disguised his depressive episode as being stuck in snow shows mental health stigma is still well and truly a thing and frankly insulting to all the work Mauro has done over the years to raise awareness.

You really think it's a better idea to go on TV and talk about Mauro's health issues?

Not necassariy. They could mention help lines or support groups or something. If someone was injured in another way they usually do.

What? No they don't.

They just say "hey, he's hurt, he'll be back in a few months".

Mauro's situation is private. So much so that his doctors are keeping him off Twitter. Just let it be private.

What? No they don't.

They just say "hey, he's hurt, he'll be back in a few months".

Mauro's situation is private. So much so that his doctors are keeping him off Twitter. Just let it be private.

Of course, the discretion is up to Mauro obviously.

I don't know if attitudes are different elsewhere but on live broadcasts here, as one example a local newscaster missed a few weeks of TV here and all that was said was "unfortunately X is ill and won't be here for a few weeks, we hope he gets well soon. If you or anyone else you know ever needs help please call XXXX-XXXX" or whatever. That is a super common thing to do here.

Like I said though, it would obviously at the discretion of whoever it involves.

RBH

What is WrassleGAF's favorite board game?

Shoots & Ladders
NH9gE7v.gif

Corbin's difference between Corbin's delivery of his stupid Dean promo and his Talking Smack bit was night and day. Guy always looks like a deer in the headlights when he's not talking to Bryan/Renee.

Corbin's difference between Corbin's delivery of his stupid Dean promo and his Talking Smack bit was night and day. Guy always looks like a deer in the headlights when he's not talking to Bryan/Renee.

As someone who has watched him practice before going in front of a camera, the guy just isn't comfortable with a script.

So they did they utter the words six pack challenge because all I heard was still the entire division... chances still of a surprise or is that it?

So I have a theory as to why the AJ/Shane match is just a "traditional match" as they called it and why there's so much emphasis on that. I think what will happen is this. AJ will beat Shane on Sunday because he's a better wrestler than Shane. They'll emphasize that. Then next Tuesday on SD, they'll send AJ out to gloat about it. Shane will come out and say that he's not good enough to beat AJ in a "traditional match", so he found someone that is. Nakamura debuts as rumored and we're off.

He seems like he just needs bullet points and not a script handed to him to memorize.

The best promo I saw him cut was on Aries in NXT, and that was off a bullet point list he had in his hands.

Top Bottom