• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

WTF @ Cena burying Maryse's career, mate you obviously don't even watch the product if you don't remember her being on top of the f**king division.

Miz must have hit a nerve, I wish they could just go with that angle and make Miz seem like a good bad guy for rattling Cena. But instead Cena just gets to spout his BS with no rebuttal then the heel has to walk away cause he's a coward.

So Cena wins the talky-bit and the actual fight, so stupid, as usual.

I'm probably more interested in seeing how this match goes than any other at WM (not that much of an achievement), but Cena still has to try and ruin it by smiling and chuckling his way to the ring, replying with the same old Cena 'emotional' promos that aren't even to do with what the opponent said, waffling on about a womens revolution while slapping his GF on the ass in front of millions of people multiple times and not letting her say anything.

Ok then.

Feuding with Cena is just a brick wall.

Hex

Banned
WTF @ Cena burying Maryse's career, mate you obviously don't even watch the product if you don't remember her being on top of the f**king division.

Miz must have hit a nerve, I wish they could just go with that angle and make Miz seem like a good bad guy for rattling Cena. But instead Cena just gets to spout his BS with no rebuttal then the heel has to walk away cause he's a coward.

So Cena wins the talky-bit and the actual fight, so stupid, as usual.

I'm probably more interested in seeing how this match goes than any other at WM (not that much of an achievement), but Cena still has to try and ruin it by smiling and chuckling his way to the ring, replying with the same old Cena 'emotional' promos that aren't even to do with what the opponent said, waffling on about a womens revolution while slapping his GF on the ass in front of millions of people multiple times and not letting her say anything.

Ok then.

Feuding with Cena is just a brick wall.

Same shit with AJ on the Smackdown before the event where he lost the belt to Cena.
AJ doing the heel thing, doing it well and you see Cena's vein come out on his forhead and then he buries AJ.

kiguel182

That Smackdown ending, amazing. I want some light effects during their match!

Smackdown got me hyped for their stuff, cool episode and a good go home show. Well, except for the absence of IC stuff. But they did their best with what they have.

Heroman

Banned
I just noticed something, if you don't include the pre show and the jobber royal there is only 1 black person on the main card.

Aiii

So not worth it
When Glenn Jacobs runs for Mayor, I'd be very sad if his campaign slogan wasn't "VOTE FOR KANE, IN 2018"

Hasney

Usos and AA being in the battle royal is so shit after a great match last week. Gotta have Baron Corbin on the card though!!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just noticed something, if you don't include the pre show and the jobber royal there is only 1 black person on the main card.
Nia Jax and Sasha Banks are in the same match

Beefy

They fucked up two storylines on SD. One letting Cena chat shit as Miz just stood there and took it, like every Cena opponent has to. Then they fucked up Bray vs Orton, that fucking stick thing looked like it had been made my a kid. Then the shit storyline.
---------------------

Afternoon Wrasslegaf.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, what are saying?

Please don't edit your posts to beg more questions.

"Wait, Nia isn't black and Sasha is the only black person on the main card"

I guess I thought she was since she's related to the Rock for real (unlike Roman who is fake related to the Rock).

Caderfix

I believe Nia is half Samoan and half German.

Edit: To clarify, polynesian and caucasian, as previously I just referenced nationalities.

V - Got it.

Caderfix

You know, even though I'm not happy with this year's Mania, I'm somewhat positive for what's to come.

The part timers are either too old, no longer a novelty or too busy to actually be part of a build up (throwaway quick matches at Mania is as far as they'll go). The time in which the company will have to start investing in new stars to carry them is getting closer and I think we'll see some good stuff from some "new" guys this year.

Beefy

You know, even though I'm not happy with this year's Mania, I'm somewhat positive for what's to come.

The part timers are either too old, no longer a novelty or too busy to actually be part of a build up (throwaway quick matches at Mania is as far as they'll go). The time in which the company will have to start investing in new stars to carry them is getting closer and I think we'll see some good stuff from some "new" guys this year.

Hopefully Orton starts becoming a part timer.

Caderfix

Hopefully Orton starts becoming a part timer.

I know I'm in the minority here, but Orton is a big plus for me. When he cares, he can do great, and when being handled correctly, he does just that.

His work with the Wyatts has been pretty good, imo

The man is young, talented, experienced and the crowds love him, specially, the RKO.

Heroman

Banned

I don't believe WWE can make new stars anymore​, they been trying for years and the only one they got werep punk and Bryan. They would have to change how they book which I can't​see them doing. Tv which is suppose to make people into star actually makes them less over

March 29th: BREAKING NEWS: WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate will defend the championship against Mark Andrews at the PROGRESS card this Friday at noon at the WWNLive Experience. That's right, a WWE Championship will be defended at the WWNLive Experience! This is the first time a WWE Championship has been defended outside of WWE in years! This event will be broadcast on live iPPV at WWNLive.com with live only and live & VOD options.

Beefy

I know I'm on the minority here, but Orton as a big plus for me. When he cares, he can do great, and when being handled correctly, he does just that.

His work with the Wyatts has been pretty good, imo

The man is young, talented, experienced and the crowds love him, specially, the RKO.

Until his split with the Wyatt's I would agree with you. Since then it's gone to shit

Caderfix

I don't believe WWE can make new stars anymore​, they been trying for years and the only one they got werep punk and Bryan. They would have to change how they book which I can't​see them doing. Tv which is suppose to make people into star actually makes them less over

The thing is, when the part timers are gone, they'll have to "open" their vision, you know? Otherwise they'll just see themselves flopping without having any "out of jail cards" left. That's why I think things might start changing.

That's pretty cool.

Beefy

The thing is, when the part timers are gone, they'll have to "open" their vision, you know? Otherwise they'll just see themselves flopping without having any "out of jail cards" left. That's why I think things might start changing.

They need to say thanks but fuck off to a few people:

Big Show
Undertaker
Brock
Goldberg
Byron
Otunga

Then have Steph and Shane have less air time.

Then call up Roode and Nak etc.

Heroman

Banned

That's pretty cool.
They honestly see no reason to change there vision, Vince think he doing a good job.

oh_wait_youre_serious_let_me_laugh_even_harder.gif

Caderfix

Big Show
Undertaker
Brock
Goldberg
Byron
Otunga

Chances are that after Mania Taker and Goldberg will be gone for good, Brock will show up once in a blue moon only until he gets tired of it and Show is now a rarity used to put others over once or twice a year (I don't see him being part of any storyline moving forward).

Byron and Otunga... I don't think they're going anywhere. But still, you're probably close to getting what you want

oh_wait_youre_serious_let_me_laugh_even_harder.gif

;_;

imBask

Banned

They have part-timers that are 35-40 years old

Ric Flair had a match in WWE at 60 years old

We have PLENTY of years of part-timers left

klonere

Banned

Always gonna sell out Mania based off name alone
Always gonna be able to pop the nostalgia marks if they think Goldberg and Taker in 2017 are cool things to see
Always gonna be able to have full time talent carry the load off-Mania season in exchange for guaranteed money
Always gonna be the only place to make that guaranteed money

Nothing will change. Ever.

Caderfix

They have part-timers that are 35-40 years old

Ric Flair had a match in WWE at 60 years old

We have PLENTY of years of part-timers left

I can't think of any big draw in that range other than Cena and Brock, who are you thinking of?

As for the 60 years thing, most of the old big names can't barely even move anymore, let alone have a match without turning into dust.

Angry Grimace

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. If Roman was the best promo ever and booked perfectly it wouldn't make any difference.

Wrestling is increasingly niche.

Foggy

This'll be the year where the dynamic shifts...

Look at all the new talent they have...

HHH is only getting more influence, look at how fresh NXT is...

imBask

Banned
I can't think of any big draws in that range other than Cena and Brock, who are you thinking of?

As for the 60 years thing, most of the old big names can't barely even move anymore, let alone have a match without turning into dust.

Tons of people, we're just too old to realize it now... People born in 2000+ will be really excited to see John Cena, Orton, CM Punk, Bryan, Taker, Mysterio, Jeff Hardy and etc come back for a WM match

Maybe not as strong as the old star power, but I think it won't be as bad as you might think... it's pretty easy to "pretend" like those guys were bigger than they were if marketed correctly

Caderfix

This'll be the year where the dynamic shifts...

Look at all the new talent they have...

HHH is only getting more influence, look at how fresh NXT is...

I don't know if you're being serious, but I agree with that lol

I know nothing about NXT, so if that's the part in which the sarcasm becomes clear, I missed it completely.

jmdajr

Big Show
Undertaker
Brock
Goldberg
Byron
Otunga

Won't be too long before Cena and Orton are Wrestlemania attractions.

After the Concussion litigation is over, Bryan will come back.

I think a lot of higher ups in WWE are actually blind to the reality of whats going on.

Looking at Road Dogg and HHH comments on Reigns speaks to this in my opinion. Just total delusion.

WWE is a strange and very insular entity.

Foggy

Foggy I know your smart enough to recognize this as sarcasm

Right?

It's what the ellipses are for!

But these were genuine feelings I had at one point in time. Then I looked around realized nothing had changed. AJ, Nak, Kana, Steen, Zayn, Neville, Swann, Sombra, Devitt, Uhaa, Kenta, and others I can't recall...WWE is still largely the same or at least what makes it terrible is the same. Every once in a while we get a great match...every once in a while a gimmick sticks...but the dynamic doesn't and will never change.

Caderfix

Tons of people, we're just too old to realize it now... People born in 2000+ will be really excited to see John Cena, Orton, CM Punk, Bryan, Taker, Mysterio, Jeff Hardy and etc come back for a WM match

Maybe not as strong as the old star power, but I think it won't be as bad as you might think... it's pretty easy to "pretend" like those guys were bigger than they were if marketed correctly

Fair enough. I don't see Punk coming back and Taker just can't anymore, but maybe Jeff and Mysterio will indeed be used, Cena and Orton are guaranteed.

Caderfix

bold prediction : Taker will have at least 4 more WM matches

and I agree with you

I'm basing that on reports that say he needs to go through a hip replacement surgery. That alone takes a lot of time to recover from, and he won't get much better, he'll just feel less pain.

I actually hope, for his own good, that he retires. He's getting close to the Mick Foley territory injury-wise.

ReiGun

I think a lot of higher ups in WWE are actually blind to the reality of whats going on.

Looking at Road Dogg and HHH comments on Reigns speaks to this in my opinion. Just total delusion.

WWE is a strange and very insular entity.

The WWE is an entire company run by people who have little to no outside experiences beyond being wrestlers or just working in the wrestling business, where creative decisions are spearheaded by a 70 year old rich white man. It's no surprise they don't actually have their finger on the pulse of what's going on with the rest of the world, or even their own fanbase.

The WWE is an entire company run by people who have little to no outside experiences beyond being wrestlers or just working in the wrestling business, where creative decisions are spearheaded by a 70 year old rich white man. It's no surprise they don't actually have their finger on the pulse of what's going on with the rest of the world, or even their own fanbase.

Its just frustrating.

Look at Reigns. Dude is still salvagable even now, but still seem intent on burying their heads in the sand. It isnt even like the people paying to go and boo Cena thing, he has the 'fuck off and go away' Poochie thing. That can be fixed but ignoring it as a problem doesnt do shit.

Commentary doesnt help at all either. "Look at the power of Reigns!!" while he is gassed and obviously struggling to pick people up.

Top Bottom