• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

It's so weird because a year ago I might be a bit annoyed if Nikki went for a title but right now with the fact that's she apparently done after Wrestlemania I wish we got to see her feud with someone like Becky for the belt. The fact she only touched it during the all women chase to get the first champion was a pleasant surprise, but I wish we had a small picture with her going for it since she and Becky are the top two stars over there on the women's division. I know she's not super popular here but I like Nikki and I'll miss her.

Long Manias honestly aren't that bad. You're hype and the event ramps up as it goes.

I'd rather be at a 7 hour long Mania than a 7 hour or longer baseball game.

My dude, I've been to WrestleMania and an extra innings World Series game, and baseball shits on wrasslin' in that regard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because they don't understand what unsanctioned means
It's an excuse for Joe and Finn to show up. Jericho is leaving and they are likely to do Owens/Balor and Joe/Rollins once WM is done.

Bray vs Taker should have been during the night. Bray's entrance with the scarecrows was cool but taking place during the day ruined it.

Also Bray should have won.

Sephzilla

Bray vs Taker should have been during the night. Bray's entrance with the scarecrows was cool but taking place during the day ruined it.

Also Bray should have won.

That match would have had to have gone on last in order for that to even possibly happen. It was still dusk when Roman/Brock went on because WM31 was on the west coast

That match would have had to have gone on last in order for that to even possibly happen. It was still dusk when Roman/Brock went on because WM31 was on the west coast
You're right. I think the match was even on before the main event. It just looked a bit dumb to have Bray with all these creepy scarecrows wandering around him with the brightest daylight ever surrounding them.

Well Bray is in the main event this year as the champ so I think this will make up for it.
Bray's WM entrances so far highly deliver so I'm expecting something cool again this year.

Sephzilla

You're right. I think the match was even on before the main event. It just looked a bit dumb to have Bray with all these creepy scarecrows wandering around him with the brightest daylight ever surrounding them.

They didn't book Taker vs Sting, and had a Taker vs Bray match that took place in pure daylight. It's almost like Vince doesn't fucking get it

Kaladin

So let me get this straight, one week Orton destroys the Wyatt compound with fire.....burns it not quite to the ground.

The next week, Bray Wyatt bathes himself in the ashes of Sister Abigail, inviting her into his soul to give him power.

The next week, Bray returns and confronts Orton, telling him he's a new man

This week, Orton supposedly destroys Sister Abigail's grave site for good, stabbing it with whatever that was he stabbed it with, killing Bray's new found power.

So.....Orton wins?

They didn't book Taker vs Sting, and had a Taker vs Bray match that took place in pure daylight. It's almost like Vince doesn't fucking get it
I'm curious to who booked Triple H vs Sting. Did Vince want it entirely or did HHH suggest to him that he be the one to do it? Because I think Vince would have loved to do Sting vs Taker to further his 'haha, I killed WCW' cause.

Mahonay

Banned
So let me get this straight, one week Orton destroys the Wyatt compound with fire.....burns it not quite to the ground.

The next week, Bray Wyatt bathes himself in the ashes of Sister Abigail, inviting her into his soul to give him power.

The next week, Bray returns and confronts Orton, telling him he's a new man

This week, Orton supposedly destroys Sister Abigail's grave site for good, stabbing it with whatever that was he stabbed it with, killing Bray's new found power.

So.....Orton wins?
Pretty much guaranteed.

I would think that the first thing to do for Seth's face turn would be him cutting a promo on his regret for attacking Roman and Dean to join with Triple H. We have yet to get that.

Mahonay

Banned
I would think that the first thing to do for Seth's face turn would be him cutting a promo on his regret for attacking Roman and Dean to join with Triple H. We have yet to get that.
Because they have a team of completely incompetent writers.

Also Vince actively tells them that the viewers won't remember those things so not to even bother.

Mahonay

Banned
What I was thinking as well and Undertaker's and Bray's
Bray is on near the end, it'll be dark.

Should at least be getting pretty dark by the time Taker's match is up.

Won't have the sunlight issue as much since Mania is on the east coast this time.

jmdajr

Mania is on the east coast this year which means it'll be dark fairly early into the show.

thank God

2015-03-27-pacific-time1.jpg

Sephzilla

Next year is back in New Orleans isn't it? So we'll be back to a closed roof stadium again.

What I want to know is when they're going to put a WrestleMania in that new Minnesota stadium so that I can attend.
That will also be the only time a championship enters the Vikings stadium

The crowd was shitting a fair bit on Shane last night. I don't expect that to change come Wrestlemania.

Shane McMahon In An actual wrestling match with no gimmicks to it.

In 2017.

gun_haver

one of the cool things about WM31 was that it was almost entirely in daylight and the dusk setting for the main event made it feel even more special than it was. it was cool and since everys WWE event looks almost exactly the same (including all brands, they all look basically the same) the daylight was something different and gave a whole different atmosphere to things.

in fact looking at WM32, it just looks like another PPV except bigger than usual. i like the open air stadium thing.

if daylight causes issues for entrances then they should just plan around that ahead of time and come up with ways to do something in the daylight. ie have a section of the entrance covered up so that you can turn the lights for it out when undertaker is coming out and make it look like he's just crawled out of the abyss into the daylight.

i mean i guess bray's entrance would be screwed so they'd just need to come up with something new for him. like, get creative.

Beefy

Open air stadiums are also really bad for crowd noise.

Yeah that as well.
--------

Man, I really wanted Miz to fire back at Cena last night. The firing back and forward would have been great, but nope can't have that shit. No way is Cena losing either.

If Shane wins the reaction should be hilarious.

But...they're not that dumb...right?

AJ will win. But Bray will get squashed by Orton.

Top Bottom