• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Hasney

Damnit Naomi's entrance is going to suck unless they figure out a way to cover the sun.

Meanwhile, at Titan Towers

818433.gif

Silent_Z

Commentary doesnt help at all either. "Look at the power of Reigns!!" while he is gassed and obviously struggling to pick people up.

Ever consider that the one-armed powerbomb spot might not actually be as taxing as commentary and the wrestlers sell it? It's more or less a sumo deadlift with the weight stuck to one of your arms. Don't even need to worry about grip, your opponent's taking care of that for you.

Okay, so you have to pop the guy up high enough to make it into a powerbomb and not just have them hanging there, but you can hitch halfway up, so really you just have to pop the weight up from hip-level after an initial half-rep.

That's not to say it doesn't require a good amount of strength, but considering the weight these guys can actually throw around, there's likely more than a little theater there. If anything, they're expending more effort to lift as slowly as the do vs what they actually could be doing.

Kaladin

Does anyone else think that the fact that they played up Shane vs AJ as a traditional wrestling match that Shane has never done is foreshadowing some kind of change in the rules, or at least the ref saying "fuck it, I'll allow it?"

ReiGun

I got the four month code as well.

I can't believe they're giving this shit away for free.

Its just frustrating.

Look at Reigns. Dude is still salvagable even now, but still seem intent on burying their heads in the sand. It isnt even like the people paying to go and boo Cena thing, he has the 'fuck off and go away' Poochie thing. That can be fixed but ignoring it as a problem doesnt do shit.

Commentary doesnt help at all either. "Look at the power of Reigns!!" while he is gassed and obviously struggling to pick people up.
Reigns, at times, feels like WWE's (really Vince's) last stand to prove they can make a star. I don't think they're blind to the fact that Reigns is not working; I don't think they're blind to the fact that a lot of their current product is not working. But in a company run almost entirely on ego and outdated machismo, no one is going to admit that. So they'll keep going the way they've been going until it works. And if it never does *shrug*. They probably feel like they're too big to fail at this point.

What gets me is the open contempt they show at times for their fans because of Reigns not getting over in the way they want. They're essentially saying they're mad their fanbase aren't mindless sheep who do exactly what they want. Makes you wonder who they're even making the show for.

Oh, Cena went full burial mode at the 11th hour again so that the other person can't respond, huh? Seems like he does that alot.
Typical John Cena. His skill as a performer (on the stick, in the ring, look, etc) is great, but his character is the most annoying shit ever.

klonere

Banned
Oh, Cena went full burial mode at the 11th hour again so that the other person can't respond, huh? Seems like he does that alot.

The uh, babyface has to get the heat going into the match so uh, the heel, yeah the heel has to fight back and

wait a second

kiguel182

He's gotten infinitely better this year. The hate was warranted before, since the brand split he's turned it around.

I think he plays the dorky announcer that's always excited to a T. Graves being there helps since JBL is terrible and didn't know how to play off with him as well as Graves does.

EDIT: The Miz shot on Cena and Cena shot on The Miz. Is not like The Miz pulled any punches. Cena cuts that type of promo all the type, I don't know what was expected.

Zach

But I thought Les Miz was the unflappable shooter deluxe that Sports-EntertainmentGAF had wished upon a star for??

Sephzilla

EDIT: The Miz shot on Cena and Cena shot on The Miz. Is not like The Miz pulled any punches. Cena cuts that type of promo all the type, I don't know what was expected.

I was mostly just pointing out how Cena has this habit of completely siphoning heat away from heels he's feuding with at the last minute in order to make himself look good. It's annoying and it ultimately hurts his feuds

ReiGun

On it's own, it's fine. But in the context of "Cena does this all the time," it's pretty annoying to have it happen again.

Just switch the formula up, is all. Cena's gonna win the match clean as a fucking whistle. Why not let Miz have the last word going into the PPV? It's not like Cena needs to be protected; his place in the company is set. He can afford to take the L in a battle of words every now and then.

Zach

So how long is Manio if you're watching all the matches? Six hours? I would kill myself if I were in attendance.

Jamie OD

Because they don't understand what unsanctioned means

To be fair other companies made this mistake when they used the gimmick. Some of the WCW Uncensored PPVs were meant to be entirely unsanctioned shows yet still had all the presentation and progress of regular events.

klonere

Banned
You've never been to a live wrasslin show, have you?

I have and even 7 hours of the most superlative wrestling action would probably wear on me by hour 5 or 6.

It's just not conducive to having the best of times imo, no matter the activity

unless you take a lot of drugs

Kaladin

I have and even 7 hours of the most superlative wrestling action would probably wear on me by hour 5 or 6.

It's just not conducive to having the best of times imo, no matter the activity

unless you take a lot of drugs

Long Manias honestly aren't that bad. You're hype and the event ramps up as it goes.

I'd rather be at a 7 hour long Mania than a 7 hour or longer baseball game.

Top Bottom