• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Sephzilla

I'm getting the same feeling with Shane/AJ that I had when predicting HHH/Sting. Everyone and their sister thought Sting winning was a guarantee, and I was off thinking HHH was going to win.

My prediction is AJ winning but I'm not going to be surprised at all if Shane wins

one of the cool things about WM31 was that it was almost entirely in daylight and the dusk setting for the main event made it feel even more special than it was. it was cool and since everys WWE event looks almost exactly the same (including all brands, they all look basically the same) the daylight was something different and gave a whole different atmosphere to things.

in fact looking at WM32, it just looks like another PPV except bigger than usual. i like the open air stadium thing.

if daylight causes issues for entrances then they should just plan around that ahead of time and come up with ways to do something in the daylight. ie have a section of the entrance covered up so that you can turn the lights for it out when undertaker is coming out and make it look like he's just crawled out of the abyss into the daylight.

i mean i guess bray's entrance would be screwed so they'd just need to come up with something new for him. like, get creative.

Wrestlemania 3 did this too. They just turned the lights down as the night went and it was darkest for Hogan/Andre.

jmdajr

Yeah that as well.
--------

Man, I really wanted Miz to fire back at Cena last night. The firing back and forward would have been great, but nope can't have that shit. No way is Cena losing either.

Miz is a PRO. He still gonna take home that paycheck. At last he can dump on Cena 24/7 when he is gone again.

Overall, this feud set up has been gold. We don't deserve this really.

edit: I'm afraid this match is going to be super short. Which sucks.

Kaladin

Miz is a PRO. He still gonna take home that paycheck. At last he can dump on Cena 24/7 when he is gone again.

Overall, this feud set up has been gold. We don't deserve this really.

edit: I'm afraid this match is going to be super short. Which sucks.

I agree, it won't be very long.

Mahonay

Banned
Ortunga is the kid your mum made you hang out with
UDPmcLk.png

Tall4Life

WM31 still has one of my favorite atmospheres. Yeah it kind of ruined Taker and Bray's entrance but fuck it I love how bright it was for most of the matches, and then it gets really dark for Roman/Brock. It was epic as shit

ReiGun

Maryse wasn't bad in the ring before, why isn't she wrestling full time now?

There seems to be this thing where if a woman is a valet, she is not also an active wrestler. Lana and Alicia Fox also don't wrestle despite being able to.

Edit: Well, they wrestle on house shows, but never on TV.

jmdajr

Maryse wasn't bad in the ring before, why isn't she wrestling full time now?

Probably because she wants to have kids and not be a total wreck physically.

Plus the sooner she has them, the sooner she can share them on social media.
#WishYouWereMeNikkiBella

Zach

WM31 still has one of my favorite atmospheres. Yeah it kind of ruined Taker and Bray's entrance but fuck it I love how bright it was for most of the matches, and then it gets really dark for Roman/Brock. It was epic as shit

Remember that hilarious Sting entrance?

Watched RAW last night. I know shitting on the product is the cool thing to do, but there was some good shit from this past Monday. I absolutely loved Roman's promo. There is a very nice grey area the dude can explore to get a reaction and remain over. Good stuff.

The highlight of the night was Seth Rollins and HHH. Felt those two stole the show and Rollin's has finally opened a door into a character who isn't just concerned about Stephanie and HHH but, rather, himself.

The build heading into this Wrestlemania has been so good and I'm pretty excited for Sunday.

Kaladin

There seems to be this thing where if a woman is a valet, she is not also an active wrestler. Lana and Alicia Fox also don't wrestle despite being able to.

Edit: Well, they wrestle on house shows, but never on TV.

This is true.....I'd think with Maryse they would want her in the ring again though, but it is what it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Seth is healthy enough for a "proper" match then? Well, as proper as one can have with Hunter these days.

jmdajr

Watched RAW last night. I know shitting on the product is the cool thing to do, but there was some good shit from this past Monday. I absolutely loved Roman's promo. There is a very nice grey area the dude can explore to get a reaction and remain over. Good stuff.

The highlight of the night was Seth Rollins and HHH. Felt those two stole the show and Rollin's has finally opened a door into a character who isn't just concerned about Stephanie and HHH but, rather, himself.

The build heading into this Wrestlemania has been so good and I'm pretty excited for Sunday.
I am far more hype than last year.

I still don't know how they book Brock and 'Berg. Maybe Brock goes into cheat mode, wins and after the match Goldberg squashes him again to look strong?

It's easy to look at Goldberg dominating him on Monday, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series and think "Welp, he eats the pin at Mania." but I hope they swerve us and have 'Berg squash again.

How Paul Levesque used the lessons he learned as a wrestler to build WWE’s new brands
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/27/wwe-triple-h-paul-levesque-nxt-cruiserweight-brands

Levesque is tasked with manufacturing an organic brand, which is an enormous undertaking. Take the Roman Reigns conundrum as an example: The handsome, muscular, 6'4" Samoan is vociferously booed by WWE audiences, and there are constant demands from the fans to turn Reigns into a villain. Levesque has a different understanding of the situation.

“People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,’ but Roman Reigns sells tickets,” said Levesque. “Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don’t understand why they don’t turn Roman Reigns heel!’ Isn’t he already?

“If you believe what you believe, and you’re saying, ‘How can they not turn him heel? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing him out of the building!’ If that’s your belief, then isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him.”

As much as Levesque is reimagining WWE, the internet has changed the entire business of pro wrestling.

“The internet has changed the world,” said Levesque. “We are the most opinionated people in the world now. You can find someone who will agree with you no matter what you think. You just go on the internet and, if you look hard enough, you’ll find someone who agrees with you. Gone is the day that everybody loves this one character, gone is the day that everybody hates this character. If you make a bad guy, there will be a group of people who love that character. He’s Darth Vader, he’s the bad guy, and they’ll love every evil thing he does. If you make a good guy, there are people who will love him, but there is the same group of people who will hate him. The fact of the matter is everybody will look at John Cena and say, ‘John Cena has consistently been this ‘Super Cena’ character and how can they not hear that half this arena hates him?’ You know what we hear? Tickets selling.
I like the way this guy thinks.

jmdajr

I wonder how well it would go for you as a talent if you accused Stephanie of using Botox on live TV.

I mean she obviously is.

And Good Ol' HHH, is obviously not!

kiguel182

Every entrance looks better in the dark thanks to the lightning work. Wrestling events should be in close venues so you can lower the lights. Because I said so!

I still need to see how I'm adjusting my sleep schedule to see everything live. I don't know if napping is enough to be up until 5 am!

Sephzilla

HHH sticking to the company line of "any reaction is a good reaction we don't care if they're actually booing our shitty writing" makes me feel like WWE will never get out of the creative shithole it's in now.

This is basically HHH straight up saying that WWE doesn't care if you think their writing is shit.

“When I had the concept for NXT, it was partially [because] there was the need,” said Levesque. “I could see a gap in how we were creating new talent. They weren’t coming, and the indies had dried up."

The indies had dried up, that's why we spent the next 5 years signing every notable indie name we could get our hands on.

jmdajr

Zach

HHH sticking to the company line of "any reaction is a good reaction we don't care if they're actually booing our shitty writing" makes me feel like WWE will never get out of the creative shithole it's in now.

This is basically HHH straight up saying that WWE doesn't care if you think their writing is shit.

You're right. And as long as they're making lots o' cash nothing will change. #Iamtheproblem

Top Bottom