• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Guerilla Monsoon didn't graduate high school until he was 43.

C7i6xb8X0AYKOWz.jpg

Damn, poor JR, I can't even imagine the pain he must be going through right now.

http://imgur.com/a/Vn2p1

This Finn Balor origin story from the WWE comics is wild as fuck. Balor just chilling and walking down the street only to meet the Demon from Tribute or some shit and then he beats the demon with da wrestling movez. And the demon gets beaten by one of his normal moves too, not even a signature or finisher.

Finn slingblading some giant demon, I can't!

So apparently wwe has been trying to buy roh since before Summerslam. They don't want the tapes, they want the full company. They've tried other companies too.

somedevil

Here is the NXT takeover card so far:

Roode vs Nak
Asuka vs Ember
DIY vs Revival vs AOP
Aliester Black vs Cien Almas

The only other possible match added will be Sanity vs No Way, Tye, Strong and Ruby Riot.

Plus if I see Asuka retaining if one of the Shimmer wrestlers are seen in a crowd shot.

Tagyhag

RIP Jan, that's such a shitty way to go, hopefully she did not suffer for long.

Let's say the rumors come true and WWE brings back the Hardy Boyz and Kurt Angle, where does everyone want to see them involved in the picture?

Kurt Angle should go to Smackdown to stay closer to Shane and his history with them. Whether he fights or not doesn't matter to me, but if he did, give him a B-tier PPV match with Shane.

Hardy boyz should stay together and I'd love to see them interact with Wyatt.

I'd love to see Kurt come back as general manager, first serious but eventually have him do his comedic chops.

UberTag

Kurt Angle should not wrestle and if he does, definitely don't put him on SmackDown where it gets really weird that they're letting him wrestle, but not Daniel Bryan, who isn't in any immediate danger of dying in the ring
Seems to me that's EXACTLY why they'd put Angle on SmackDown to wrestle. They'll put anyone in that ring to wrestle a match in front of Bryan just to spite him.

DMczaf

Meltzer made it sound like Kurt would be a part timer special attraction if it did happen.

Probably would only work Summerslams and WMs.

Menome

Meltzer made it sound like Kurt would be a part timer special attraction if it did happen.

Same as Shane McMahon then, but possibly in Foley's old spot on RAW. That way each brand gets their 'special occasion management' figure.

Fox318

I don't understand why the company doesn't rely or make people special attractions.

Fuck the house show circuit. Their real money is in fucking TV and drawing large PPV gates.

Goldberg has worked 4 minutes and has probably made the company more money and generated more interest than KO ever has.

Anth0ny

I don't understand why the company doesn't rely or make people special attractions.

Fuck the house show circuit. Their real money is in fucking TV and drawing large PPV gates.

Goldberg has worked 4 minutes and has probably made the company more money and generated more interest than KO ever has.

agreed. holdover from another era when guys were fat fucks working matches without leaving the ground.

now the style is so much more aggressive and unsafe, working 300 days a year is dumb as fuck. is drawing 4200 in Buttfuck, Tennessee really worth the wear these guys are putting on their bodies? is it worth it when seth blows his knee out in some nothing match and misses 8 months?

#shoot

Tagyhag

agreed. holdover from another era when guys were fat fucks working matches without leaving the ground.

now the style is so much more aggressive and unsafe, working 300 days a year is dumb as fuck. is drawing 4200 in Buttfuck, Tennessee really worth the wear these guys are putting on their bodies? is it worth it when seth blows his knee out in some nothing match and misses 8 months?

#shoot

I do wonder what the economics of it all is. Like, are merch sales really that big?

If they cut half of the house shows that draw the lowest, would it be that bad to their income?

I assume Vince just wants to get as much as he can out of everyone since they have contracts, but like you said, is it worth the potential injuries.

#shoot
Hey I live in buttfuck Tennessee

Damn. That would certainly shake up a whole lot.

Maybe Vince got pissy when Sinclair threatened legal action on them? Like "to hell with contracts and tampering I'm just gonna buy the whole goddamn promotion".

Another consequence of this is that it cuts the New Japan US expansion out at the knees. It'll be harder to expand with no US partner. Maybe they'd partner with Anthem?

RBH

Damn. That would certainly shake up a whole lot.

Maybe Vince got pissy when Sinclair threatened legal action on them? Like "to hell with contracts and tampering I'm just gonna buy the whole goddamn promotion".

Another consequence of this is that it cuts the New Japan US expansion out at the knees. It'll be harder to expand with no US partner. Maybe they'd partner with Anthem?

Oh God........

Zach

Hey, it's Ted DiBiase (totally not Jr. I guess). His theme is kinda funny. I dunno. Looking forward to seeing him actually wrestle a match.

(He and Cody Rhodes just won the the tag titles from Hardcore Holly and... Cody Rhodes... at Night of Champions '08 by way of nefarious double-cross.)

Kurita

Hey, it's Ted DiBiase (totally not Jr. I guess). His theme is kinda funny. I dunno. Looking forward to seeing him actually wrestle a match.

(He and Cody Rhodes just won the the tag titles from Hardcore Holly and... Cody Rhodes... at Night of Champions '08 by way of nefarious double-cross.)

The very first version of his theme was so good. He only used it at that PPV unfortunately

Top Bottom