• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The lads
tumblr_on8vh5MhPr1qivspno1_540.png

Alvarez said this on the Observer board about the ROH/WWE stuff

people pay for this

Fox318

If Meltzer wasn't on the Observer I wouldn't pay for it.

It's not that Bryan is bad it's that outside of his understanding of Jiu jitsu he doesn't really add much other than exposing how much a bump hurts.

If Meltzer wasn't on the Observer I wouldn't pay for it.

It's not that Bryan is bad it's that outside of his understanding of Jiu jitsu he doesn't really add much other than exposing how much a bump hurts.

Bryan's audio has a levity that I like. He doesn't take things too seriously (most of the time) and his rants are funny. Dave is great for news and historical context, but he's real dry.

Really there are so many options for them to use ROH. Way more than Sinclair is at the moment.

They could keep it as is and move the weekly show to the Network. Cross it over regularly with NXT. Give that "major-indie" level its own brand split. It would allow them to sign even more talent and have something to do with them. Basically ROH and NXT become the "Raw & SD" of the indies.

Kaladin

It just has to be more than WWE ECW 2.0 where you throw whoever you have nothing for on a show to give them something to do.

ROH always seemed like the red-headed stepchild of Sinclair. It seems like they do just enough to keep it alive, but never a lot more than that.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't even know what the appeal is of buying ROH. They got no stars, and the stars they do having are alreadying planning on jumping to NXT. Is having their library that important to Vince?

They could keep it as is and move the weekly show to the Network. Cross it over regularly with NXT. Give that "major-indie" level its own brand split. It would allow them to sign even more talent and have something to do with them. Basically ROH and NXT become the "Raw & SD" of the indies.
All the ROH cast-offs go back to ROH and NXT goes back to being developmental. I like this alot.

Vince is just trying to unite the world of wrestling.

And kill it.

I liked that year WCW and ECW died and they genuinely thought this meant they had all the fans now, and then instead 90% of both companies fans just bailed on the sport entirely

Guarantee that mentality hasn't changed, nor will the result.

Fox318

I don't even know what the appeal is of buying ROH. They got no stars, and the stars they do having are alreadying planning on jumping to NXT. Is having their library that important to Vince?

Its to counter New Japan.

Its a back off move and at the same time ROH is at a really weak point right now.

There is less buzz around ROH than at any other time. I think Lethal's run with the belt led to a gradual fall in ratings as well as interest.

And its one less place for guys to go and work. Somebody like Kevin Owens really will only have TNA or maybe WCPW to go to (and the UK wrestlers seem more than happy to let WWE kill their business for 20k or less).

Its to counter New Japan.

Its a back off move and at the same time ROH is at a really weak point right now.

There is less buzz around ROH than at any other time. I think Lethal's run with the belt led to a gradual fall in ratings as well as interest.

And its one less place for guys to go and work. Somebody like Kevin Owens really will only have TNA or maybe WCPW to go to (and the UK wrestlers seem more than happy to let WWE kill their business for 20k or less).

They wouldn't be killing it though, if anything t's a way to directly funnel talent where you need it.

Like when they wanted KOR under this new agreement he could immediately shift to NXT and then Main roster instead of waiting out the contract siutation.

Heroman

Banned
They wouldn't be killing it though, if anything t's a way to directly funnel talent where you need it.

Like when they wanted KOR under this new agreement he could immediately shift to NXT and then Main roster instead of waiting out the contract siutation.
WWE is going to kill ROH, it just what they do.

Fox318

They are not going to support and maintain ROH.

And a WWE run ROH wouldn't even work. They won't work with New Japan, they won't sign 1 off indies like Colt, they won't hire most of the talent simply based off their build. People like Cheeseburger and Beer City Bruiser will probably be out of work and lose all of their exposure.

WWE already has an indie in Evolve that they can send people and they are already working a bumpless style and are only booking people who could have a future with the WWE.

Where are those guys gonna work? CZW? Urban Wrestling Federation?

WWE is going to kill ROH, it just what they do.

They are not going to support and maintain ROH.

And a WWE run ROH wouldn't even work. They won't work with New Japan, they won't sign 1 off indies like Colt, they won't hire most of the talent simply based off their build. People like Cheeseburger and Beer City Bruiser will probably be out of work and lose all of their exposure.

WWE already has an indie in Evolve that they can send people and they are already working a bumpless style and are only booking people who could have a future with the WWE.

Where are those guys gonna work? CZW? Urban Wrestling Federation?

Ok I was just basing my thoughts on the report that said they were looking to keep it running.

Top Bottom