• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Fox318

Imagine telling the thread a year or two ago TNA would outlive ROH

TNA isn't really a wrestling promotion at this point.

Its a tape library full of videos of former and current WWE stars that happens to film a tv show once a month.

Right now its a way for the fight network to have tv they don't have to pay for.

Here is the NXT takeover card so far:

Roode vs Nak
Asuka vs Ember
DIY vs Revival vs AOP
Aliester Black vs Cien Almas

The only other possible match added will be Sanity vs No Way, Tye, Strong and Ruby Riot.

Plus if I see Asuka retaining if one of the Shimmer wrestlers are seen in a crowd shot.

Sombra jobbing again. Jesus fucking christ.

Anyways, what does WWE want with ROH? They're probably just doing it to fuck with NJPW.

shanafan

WWE should offer to eliminate the 90 day no-compete clause in Jack Swagger's contract in exchange for the Broken Matt Hardy persona.

Anth0ny

Speaking of WWE buying out ROH, and stemming off our earlier discussion about house shows, I decided to look at an upcoming house show just to see what the roster is.

7:30pm on Friday in Montreal. Here's who's on the card:

Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Braun Stroman
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Sheamus
Samoa Joe
Bayley
Cesaro
Charlotte
Sasha
New Day
Gallows
Anderson
Austin Aries

JESUS FUCK

like how stacked do they have to make their cards for fucking house shows? Does having such a deep card really add significantly to ticket sales? Why not just have 4 or 5 top performers show up and the rest of the card is random developmental people? Or, if they buy out ROH, a bunch of young ROH talent? Work rate has never mattered at house shows. I feel like dad buys a ticket for little jimmy as soon as it's announced that WWE is coming to town. Roman, Cena, AJ or Orton are on the card? Sold. the rest is just whatever.

what I'm trying to say is... give the fucking workers some rest before they work themselves into a shoot.

shanafan

Speaking of WWE buying out ROH, and stemming off our earlier discussion about house shows, I decided to look at an upcoming house show just to see what the roster is.

Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Braun Stroman
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Sheamus
Samoa Joe
Bayley
Cesaro
Charlotte
Sasha
New Day
Gallows
Anderson
Austin Aries

JESUS FUCK

like how stacked do they have to make their cards for fucking house shows? Does having such a deep card really add significantly to ticket sales? Why not just have 4 or 5 top performers show up and the rest of the card is random developmental people? Or, if they buy out ROH, a bunch of young ROH talent? Work rate has never mattered at house shows. I feel like dad buys a ticket for little jimmy as soon as it's announced that WWE is coming to town. Roman, Cena, AJ or Orton are on the card? Sold. the rest is just whatever.

what I'm trying to say is... give the fucking workers some rest before they work themselves into a shoot.

Who goes to a house show to watch developmental talent? The average fan there doesn't care about them.

I had to get a loan from my dad for the starter.
Going back to work at a hell hole. Amazon fufillment center.
Hey if you want I can link you up. We're actually hiring for the retail generalist job. They'll start you at 10 then you'll be able to move up. Just let me know if you're interested. Usually if you pass the test, you're in. The real test is surviving the phone calls.

Hey if you want I can link you up. We're actually hiring for the retail generalist job. They'll start you at 10 then you'll be able to move up. Just let me know if you're interested. Usually if you pass the test, you're in. The real test is surviving the phone calls.
Is it work from home call center job?

Anth0ny

Who goes to a house show to watch developmental talent? The average fan there doesn't care about them.

The average fan cares about Cena or Randy Orton and everything else is just filler. That's my point. Have just a couple of marquee names on the card and you have their money. I really don't think they need to go 20 deep on a random non-televised house show. It's just banging their guys up.

cordy

Banned
C7i7_uYVQAA0UVx.jpg:large

Dude looking like a fucking Power Ranger when they're wearing a Battleizer. Geez.

Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Braun Stroman
Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Sheamus
Samoa Joe
Bayley
Cesaro
Charlotte
Sasha
New Day
Gallows
Anderson
Austin Aries

JESUS FUCK

Most of the House Shows are multi man tag matches and when you're talking about the WWE brand, you really can't expect for them to put some of their green talent on one of the parts of the business that gives them a lot of money, especially since being on the main roster, in theory, means you're ready. I mean, they even run House Shows of a brand the same day the other one has a PPV.

Plus NXT does House Shows with the developmental talent, obviously not as much shows as the Raw/SD brands do.

What's the calls and test like?
Call, it all depends. The test, I can't even remember what it was like. But as I said, many people get hired. The test is taking calls and surviving. I remember training with lots of people then a month later they were gone. I'm a good bullshitter and talker that I do well(comm and theatre major). I want to become a manager since I have the credentials.

Call, it all depends. The test, I can't even remember what it was like. But as I said, many people get hired. The test is taking calls and surviving. I remember training with lots of people then a month later they were gone. I'm a good bullshitter and talker that I do well(comm and theatre major). I want to become a manager since I have the credentials.
I'm bad at talking :/ I'd love to sit on my ass than go back to FUazon but I'm terrible.

You can't shoot.

Fine I'll help you

*Flair pokes Blue in the eye*

E: Do you get to set your work schedule?
I need sleep. Badly lol.

Yes. We just did our shift bidding 2 weeks ago(we'll do it again in November) I work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I take Tuesdays off because that's my wife's and I movie day and I have to run SD. And of course it feels good to gace the actual weekend off. I work 10 hours shifts which can be an overhaul at times.

DMczaf

I feel like John coulda used an extra kick of Shoot.

When he was hinting at the "After WM. You'll go back to being Mike. Just Mike" I wanted him to start reminding him of what has happened to nearly all of his WM opponents after their match. Including Mike.

Top Bottom