• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

You're buying too hard into the "any reaction is good reaction" mindset that WWE is using as their PR line. That mindset exists only as a reason to justify the continued halfassed face runs of Cena and now Roman. If they were getting no reaction it would shift from "any reaction is good reaction" to "they aren't getting booed"
Sports fans pay tickets to rival stadiums to see their team play their rivals. It isn't buying PR to pay attention to where the tide is clearly going.

I mean, Kevin Owens is someone we consider smart and great at wrestling, right? Why is he calling that split reaction the optimal reaction, and why is Austin agreeing with him? Is this just PR, or the opinions of people who know better than us?

There's gotta be some swerve to this AJ/Shane thing. He already did the elbow through the table on Smackdown, and now all they're doing is a normal match? Don't buy it.

WWE is storyline driven television, not a professional sport.
Sports are storyline driven television.

PWG has faces and heels, and definitely caters to this demographic here. Does anyone here give a single fuck who's been booked as face or heel when a big match happens, or do we pick our guy and get invested?

Beefy

I like it when Roman says he has yet to be shit on by a fan in a 1 to 1 situation.

At least back in the day when hard asses used to watch this stuff they'd be brave enough to start a fight in real life.

"ROMAN, YOUR PROMOS SUCK! FIGHT ME!"

Can any one really be arsed with getting that upset to bitch at a wrestle fsce to face? I would do it if I actually gave that much of a fuck.

There's gotta be some swerve to this AJ/Shane thing. He already did the elbow through the table on Smackdown, and now all they're doing is a normal match? Don't buy it.

Shane is going to either jump of the Mania sign or is going on the roller coaster and dying.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

AJ wins in a minute and then they bring out Nakamura

believe

Tall4Life

It would be hilarious if they swerve it at the last minute to be against Nakamura or Angle or something, as that would make it seem like they thought Shane vs AJ would be better for marketing and the other two would flounder in ticket sales.

AJ has forgotten the code of honor!

That wasn't Phil Brooks saying "I do" to April Mendez! It was CM Punk saying "I do" to AJ Lee!

We were never shoot married, you mark!

7508b6a5c4533de3fd38ae53e7803d51ea8e5719_hq.gif

I mean, Hulk Hogan already established the legal precedent for his work penis size and his shoot penis size, so I think this will hold up in court.

You know exactly what I meant. WWE is scripted storyline driven television while professional sports are not. Please quit it with the deliberately obtuse trolling.
People buy tickets to see stories and the people in them. There's no obtuse trolling, it's a counterpoint to you suggesting sports would be a draw for another reason. Casuals don't tune in for stats.

Why are you so worked up? It seems like I can never talk Roman here without you getting invested for pages. And this isn't me implying I'm trolling, it's me telling you Roman is over as hell with you as a heel. If he weren't, you'd fully disappear from ever talking WWE, like most people do with hobbies they ditch for any reason.

Sephzilla

People buy tickets to see stories and the people in them. There's no obtuse trolling, it's a counterpoint to you suggesting sports would be a draw for another reason. Casuals don't tune in for stats.

Why are you so worked up? It seems like I can never talk Roman here without you getting invested for pages.

You're either trolling or you're an idiot. And since I went back and revisited the old WWE Draft |OT| and reminded myself that you have no idea what you're talking about, I'm going with the later.

Heroman

Banned

Why are you so worked up? It seems like I can never talk Roman here without you getting invested for pages.
Casual rarely tune in to sports for stories, cause only the hard sports fans know the storylines

You're either trolling or you're an idiot
Any sports fans here want to say story isn't the draw? Even if it's just story created from stats.

Wrestling is supposed to mimic what's popular in sports at any given time, remember? My sports points here aren't obtuse, they're completely on topic. They're both capitalist enterprises meant to fill stadiums by telling stories.

jmdajr

How hard did Vince laugh when Roman came in at no.30?

I hope he writes a book one day and tell stories about his all time favorite dick troll moves.

if roman wasn't failing, business would be booming, mother fucker, friend.

instead they're handing out free months for the network like candy days before wrestlemania, and ratings are historically bad.

and thems the facts #shoot

Real talk, the Network kind of sucks as a media platform. It's so incredibly bad when you consider they're trying to position it as something like Hulu.

Sephzilla

I threw him onto my ignore list and I'm done with it. There's only so much intentional stupidity I can take from someone who's trying to seriously equate scripted television to professional sports

Kaladin

Any sports fans here want to say story isn't the draw? Even if it's just story created from stats.

Wrestling is supposed to mimic what's popular in sports at any given time, remember? My sports points here aren't obtuse, they're completely on topic. They're both capitalist enterprises meant to fill stadiums by telling stories.

Saying story is the draw in sports is like saying you watch hockey for fights or NASCAR for the wrecks.

Heroman

Banned

What are you even debating about?

I threw him onto my ignore list and I'm done with it. There's only so much intentional stupidity I can take from someone who's trying to seriously equate scripted television to professional sports
Wrestling is meant to mimic sports. It's "fake sports." They sell tickets to stadiums and arenas to see bitter rivalries. It's always followed sports' lead on how to promote at any given time in history. You know this, you're just really mad about Roman again.

Top Bottom