• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Tall4Life

Wow. Didn't expect this to come from the Reigns gang, but I see how it is. Hope Brady has fun at the White House. I'm sure he won't have any scheduling conflicts this time.

As I've said before in the NFL thread I voted for Hillary the first day early voting was open, and almost all of New England voted for her, while Georgia and the other teams in the championship games have home states that voted for Trump. Hillary supporters won that night, not Trumpers.

I threw him onto my ignore list and I'm done with it. There's only so much intentional stupidity I can take from someone who's trying to seriously equate scripted television to professional sports
Man, you chose to argue with the dude on something that has been posted here multiple times. You kinda played yourself. And it's not like he's the first to say stupid shit here...
As I've said before in the NFL thread I voted for Hillary the first day early voting was open, and almost all of New England voted for her, while Georgia and the other teams in the championship games have home states that voted for Trump. Hillary supporters won that night, not Trumpers.
I don't care...I'm not mad lol. I'm not a Falcons fan either. I just wanted to take a shot at Brady, uce.

Sephzilla

I'm going to suggest we stop feeding the troll and also preemptively cut off Hillary/Trump talk

Man, you chose to argue with the dude on something that has been posted here multiple times. You kinda played yourself. And it's not like he's the first to say stupid shit here...

You're right. But man, there was a steady stream of word vomit coming out of his mouth that I lost tolerance for. For the sake of myself and the thread I blocked him because I'm not going to be suckered into a massive multi-page derail anymore especially after he got the Ratings thread closed

I'm going to suggest we stop feeding the troll and also preemptively cut off Hillary/Trump talk
You think I'm a troll and you're feeding me because you won't engage honestly with the ideas presented. You could be fully right and me fully wrong, but you never came in wanting to just talk wrestling as much as shutting down anything with which you disagree on a gut level (like casuals do on Instagram, btw).

I'm seeing a lot of defensive "I don't get worked" type responses as we talk about this guy Reigns that seemingly gets under everyone's skin here all the time. If we didn't care and he wasn't over, we just wouldn't watch and talk about it.

Zach

I had to block my man, too, but only because I saw the same five things said 50 times. And it was clear that dude was just talking at people and felt that he had everything 100% figured out no matter what, so it was a hair obnoxious. Or he was trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin'.

Either way, I needed a break. xoxo See ya on Thunder.

[citation needed]

Women make up 36% of WWE's audience. Their demographic buying power in wrestling is much bigger than most assume.

Women make up 36% of Raw's audience, and they and kids fucking love John Cena and Roman Reigns, despite what you say here about "excuses" or whatever. You're only looking at it from your own side and how you feel about him. He gets a loud fucking reaction dude. I go to the shows.
jesus you're just completely ignoring eveything im saying with how its viewed as a tv show, im done here, yes they're excuses cause only wrestling does it and wrestling is not special anymore.

and I'm not saying anything from how I feel about Roman so don't assume. If you want to know I actually like him, he's almost always delivered in big matches but he got sabotaged early on when Vince started scripting his promos and getting caught in the middle of Bryan's rise.

Sephzilla

i'm actually rooting for Roman because Taker needs to fuck off

in 2017

I've been a Taker mark since childhood and honestly I can't even feel upset at anyone who thinks this. Taker has overstayed his welcome. Seeing Taker in the state he's in now is depressing.

jesus you're just completely ignoring eveything im saying with how its viewed as a tv show, im done here, yes they're excuses cause only wrestling does it and wrestling is not special anymore.

and I'm not saying anything from how I feel about Roman so don't assume, I'm talking about how others view him. If you want to know I actually like him and think he was sabotaged early on.
I mean, we all know it's like a TV show. We're on GAF, where everyone watches their "favorite" shows and then comes here to complain weekly about what they didn't like on it instead of turning it off like people do when they don't like something. I didn't have to respond to that.

and I'm not saying anything from how I feel about Roman so don't assume. If you want to know I actually like him, he's almost always delivered in big matches but he sabotaged early on Vince started scripting his promes and getting caught in the middle of Bryan's rise.
Fully agree!

So, friends, what do you think is going to be the best match at Mania ?

The ARMBAR (I'm holding out for a special appearance by
THE SEA CREATURE)

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for Romando, but I am rooting for The Undertaker to lose and never be seen again.

Taker looked career-worst at the Rumbooo, so it looks like It's time for him to walk away. Why fucking Reigns gets the rub though, I have no idea.

Armchair WM booking - Owens keeps the title, Taker challenges for it and says he'll retire if he can't take it. Jericho and KO stay friends for now.

miserable

look at this mark

17587241_415974465429789_1436086679797497856_n.jpg

Beefy

I've been a Taker mark since childhood and honestly I can't even feel upset at anyone who thinks this. Taker has overstayed his welcome. Seeing Taker in the state he's in now is depressing.

Same here. The dude can hardly walk, let alone wrestle.

I wouldn't say I'm rooting for Romando, but I am rooting for The Undertaker to lose and never be seen again.
I have been rooting for this shit YEARS! The Big Dog needs to make it happen. With Roman and Taker having a trending YouTube video, Vince should just close the show with that match.

Kaladin

I mean, we all know it's like a TV show. We're on GAF, where everyone watches their "favorite" shows and then comes here to complain weekly about what they didn't like on it instead of turning it off like people do when they don't like something. I didn't have to respond to that.

You sir, are an idiot and know nothing about being a wrestling fan.

Taker was old but still looked like he belonged 10 years ago

He looked like he should hang it up like......5 years ago? At least?

i'm actually rooting for Roman because Taker needs to fuck off

in 2017

Hoping for this, too.

Think JeriKO will steal the show. I can't even begin to predict what they do here.

I have high hopes that Rollins and HHH can pull a great story off. The circumstances around the injury is unfortunate but good writing and booking can conquer all.

I would be excited for the women's match but shoehorning Nia in there was a huge mistake. Once they eliminate her in 2 minutes, the rest of it could be a classic.

Neville and Aries will be awesome.

Sephzilla

Taker was old but still looked like he belonged 10 years ago

He looked like he should hang it up like......5 years ago? At least?

WrestleMania 30 was the first time he really looked like it was time to hang it up. He actually looked like he got into better shape for 31 and 32, but right now he looks fucking awful.

It's actually the safest bet on that card but these marks would never admit it

I think Rollins can push HHH into having a pretty decent match. If Dean Ambrose can put on a pretty good match with HHH then Seth Rollins should be able to.

Rollins managed to get a good match out of Orton at WM31

The visual of an out of shape and overweight Taker staggering in the middle of the ring as Roman "Awooooo"s his way to a spear will be quite the mind fuck.

Kaladin

WrestleMania 30 was the first time he really looked like it was time to hang it up. He actually looked like he got into better shape for 31 and 32, but right now he looks fucking awful.

I think the end of Taker's prime was 26. Should have retired on top with HBK.

Sephzilla

If Roman is close to beating Undertaker and hasn't shown any signs of a proper heel turn you're going to hear silence because Vince is going to hit the mute button on the crowd

Only part timer I don't mind wrestling is Trip H. Least he can do a good build up and plays a good heel. Raw is lacking a good heel badly.

When he's put with the right people HHH can still put on a decent match, and COO HHH is basically the best heel version of his character

So, friends, what do you think is going to be the best match at Mania ?
KOwens/Jericho. Probably. But I reckon AJ/Shane is going to be surprisingly solid, and Bray/Orton is going to be a bit of a clinic. Even a chance, taking into account the fact she's terrible, that Nia can be mitigated against to get a really good match from the Raw women. I also think the Tag/Ladder match could be really good, as long as it's mostly focused on The Club vs ShaeSaro.

I'd like Taker/Reigns to be good, but Taker's constant pain is going to demolish any chance of that.

If Roman is close to beating Undertaker and hasn't shown any signs of a proper heel turn you're going to hear silence because Vince is going to hit the mute button on the crowd

When he's put with the right people HHH can still put on a decent match, and COO HHH is basically the best heel version of his character

Oh god, I forgot about the crowd muting last year. It was so obvious as well, it was as if the match was suddenly happening in a fish bowl.

Top Bottom