• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

giphy.gif
I would not recommend doing this spot off the WM 33 ramp.

Anth0ny

I threw him onto my ignore list and I'm done with it. There's only so much intentional stupidity I can take from someone who's trying to seriously equate scripted television to professional sports

you implying professional sports ain't scripted, friend?

axgqkk_zps72665f34jmlwq.jpg

Zach

I'm thinking someone wants attention. And thus is a big success. Because reactions = success. But this storyline doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon, so I'm-a have to Ignore List a mother for a spell.

WWe doesn't even try to mimic a sport
Of course. But it sells tickets to the exact same stadiums and arenas as sports for the same reasons.

People love to come to the shows and get in "Let's go Roman" "Roman sucks" chants. It's just like sports rivalries. This is the business now.

No one gives a fuck if WWE tells us over and over Kevin Owens is a heel; we will still always cheer for him because we love him. Others will always hate him, even if he ever turns face. We don't go for what Cole says, but for some reason people here keep saying what Cole says matters. To who? And why?

I'll be cheering for Roman Sunday because I like him better than Taker in 2017, no matter what anyone says, and then after I'll probably go right back to thinking Roman's trash because I usually like his opponents better. Wrestling is awesome.

I'm the one saying it's not complicated.

Women and kids love Roman, and guys still talk about him constantly, despite the things he's doing that you guys are saying should make people hate him and tune out. You guys are going to have to move past trying to argue his booking is ineffective unless you can show me where he's come out and no one's cared. Him and his booking are incredibly effective in a particular face role, it's just not for you or your demographic.

If Roman's failing, he'd get silence like everyone else that's failing. For some reason, guys can't shut up when he comes out, every single week, anywhere in the country. Like he's an over heel to a lot of people or something.
WWE is stuck with the demographic that doesn't like the kind of role Roman's in, those type of fans have only been making up more and more of a larger percentage of the audience as time goes on as mainstream acceptance keeps fading. Again you aren't getting that people are watching it like a TV show, just getting reactions does not mean shit anymore when it comes to speaking of the quality of your show, tons of hated characters on other shows get large reactions that dominant discussion, only wrestling tries to make these kind of excuses for it. Wrestling is no longer the special snowflake of media now that kayfabe is dead, it's being watched as a show like any other and the Roman Reigns character is viewed as having a bad storyline that people want fixed.

He's​ never going to get silence because he's consistently booked as "a" or "the" main character. When people watch any other show with a main character/story going in a direction they don't like they make it known in the hopes it changes, they don't stay silent because that's seen as acceptance. Book him at the bottom like Apollo Crews, make him only wrestle on Main Event or whatever and then you'll get your silence.

Sephzilla

You're good people Sephzilla.

No I'm not. I'm a Packer fan who was still a little bitter about the Falcons thumping the Packers. The only happy ending I could have had for that Superbowl was neither team winning and the stadium being engulfed into an abyss

Sephzilla

It is but there has been some cool stuff that came since it's downfall (there's an awesome Red Bull bmx video there).

I'm also going to keep posting random wrestling stuff because I'm sick of this 10+ page reigns discussion.

They should record blowing up the Silverdome and use that as a spot in the next Godzilla movie.

Heroman

Banned
Of course. But it sells tickets to the exact same stadiums and arenas as sports for the same reasons.

People love to come to the shows and get in "Let's go Roman" "Roman sucks" chants. It's just like sports rivalries. This is the business now.

No one gives a fuck if WWE tells us over and over Kevin Owens is a heel; we will still always cheer for him because we love him. Others will always hate him, even if he ever turns face. We don't go for what Cole says, but for some reason people here keep saying what Cole says matters. To who? And why?

I'll be cheering for Roman Sunday because I like him better than Taker in 2017, no matter what anyone says, and then after I'll probably go right back to thinking Roman's trash because I usually like his opponents better. Wrestling is awesome.

I have no idea what you are even talking about , this has nothing to what I said.

Action, competition, seeing your favorites play. Is a lifelong fan of a loosing team in it for the story of his team being a constant looser? No, he goes because he loves the sport and wants to see his favorites.
I don't think you recognize the large scope of what "story" contains. People pick favorites because they get invested in their story, man. Competition only matters when there's stakes and a story behind it.

Anth0ny

I heard the Silverdome went on sale for $250,000 and no one wanted to buy it.

Vince should have bought it and held Wrestlemania there again and draw 93,000. Make it the mecca for wrestling fans.

rrc1594

Man fuck the Pats. If somehow the Pats winning can save my life, I would lowkey still hope they lose. I can die happy knowing they are losers.

Vince should have bought it and held Wrestlemania there again and draw 93,000. Make it the mecca for wrestling fans.

This is actually a fantastic idea.

I miss that part of WCW/WWE, where certain venues had prestige to them. No way WWE ever goes back to MSG for a PPV.

The old guard proving they can still go? The greatest comeback in history? Impossible catches? A scenario where the fucking Patriots became the underdogs? You must be a Falcons mark, you mark.
Wow. Didn't expect this to come from the Reigns gang, but I see how it is. Hope Brady has fun at the White House. I'm sure he won't have any scheduling conflicts this time.
A very different kind though.
Man, all I said was that they had good stories. I'm not getting into that dumb ass argument.

Sephzilla

It's a good idea on paper but in the long run it would be a very bad investment

WWE is stuck with the demographic that doesn't like the kind of role Roman's in, those type of fans have only been making up more and more of a larger percentage of the audience as time goes on as mainstream acceptance keeps fading.
[citation needed]

Women make up 36% of WWE's audience. Their demographic buying power in wrestling is much bigger than most assume.

Again you aren't getting that people are watching it like a TV show, just getting reactions does not mean shit anymore when it comes to speaking of the quality of your show, tons of hated characters on other shows get large reactions that dominant discussion, only wrestling tries to make these kind of excuses for it. Wrestling is no longer the special snowflake of media now that kayfabe is dead, it's being watched as a show like any other and the Roman Reigns character is viewed as having a bad storyline that people want fixed.
Women make up 36% of Raw's audience, and they and kids fucking love John Cena and Roman Reigns, despite what you say here about "excuses" or whatever. You're only looking at it from your own side and how you feel about him. He gets a loud fucking reaction dude. I go to the shows.

Kaladin

You know who loves storylines in sports? ESPN and other sports news people. Hell, they write most of them. A genuine sports storyline like a good comeback only comes around once in a while, so most of what you could call sports storylines are created by ESPN to try and draw ratings for their own programs.

Top Bottom