• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

I need sleep. Badly lol.

Yes. We just did our shift bidding 2 weeks ago(we'll do it again in November) I work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I take Tuesdays off because that's my wife's and I movie day and I have to run SD. And of course it feels good to gace the actual weekend off. I work 10 hours shifts which can be an overhaul at times.
Any job with weekends off is bonus. Had to work on weekends before and it sucked.

DMczaf

For all the shit we are giving WWE for forcing the boss's son on AJ in his 2nd WM...it's obviously the main event of Smackdown and probably going to be a Top 3 match in terms of booking.

It sucks AJ is getting held back by a 47 year old non-wrestler...but they are giving him a prime match at WM.

DMczaf

Listening to Stone Cold's podcasts, can he only speak Carny now? I swear he can't say a sentence without using Carny terms.

Adree

In case you skipped over it because it looked like just another Mick Foley interview I highly recommend checking out the recent Talk is Jericho with him on it. He talks at length about past/present angles and how they ran things by Vince to get approval. It's really interesting that even Stephanie had to try to covertly shoot a segment so they could show Vince that Foley should extend his tenure as Commish.

Cena promoting the best wrestling company on The Tonight Show. Southpaw Regional Wrestling
cena_fallon_placeholder--c729a8424a8d585308f76e708c249032.jpg

Listening to Stone Cold's podcasts, can he only speak Carny now? I swear he can't say a sentence without using Carny terms.

Even Eva Marie speaks in carny after only a short time in the company.

ahahahahahahahahha all four sides (the Bucks and Hardys, ROH and TNA) agreed to and signed off on the Bucks appearing at the Hardy compound for TNA (and on TNA TV) numerous times as part of the feud, but the Hardys' contract situation made TNA give up on it

This is the main bit from Meltzer's update on ROH/WWE (says no deal is done but discussions are being had)

A major key to the deal would include the purchase of the ROH library, which has early matches of many of the current top WWE names including Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, A.J. Styles, Austin Aries and many others. We’re told WWE first inquired about purchasing ROH dating back to August, and wanted to do so for more than just the tape library. There have also been at least minor inquiries and feelers about purchasing other independent companies, both in the U.S. and the U.K., for tape libraries and perhaps to limit outside options for talent.

If WWE was to purchase the company, the question becomes would they operate it and honor the contracts or close it down, like was the plan with TNA when there were negotiations to purchase that company a few months ago largely for the videotape rights and intellectual property going forward. WWE has a lot of developmental talent that really needs more ring time in front of fans than they are getting in the current system. It’s also beneficial for the company, as far as being able to keep pay for the top rising stars down by taking away alternatives, to control as much of the full-time U.S. marketplace as there is.

Caught up with RAW. Great segment with HHH but why...

This is all a parallel to what went down with CM Punk. "Don't sue me when you leave", " Do you want your hero back?"

Fucking weird and maybe even petty.

For all the shit we are giving WWE for forcing the boss's son on AJ in his 2nd WM...it's obviously the main event of Smackdown and probably going to be a Top 3 match in terms of booking.

It sucks AJ is getting held back by a 47 year old non-wrestler...but they are giving him a prime match at WM.

They're giving Shane a prime match, DM. Not the other way around.

RBH

Via Meltzer:

-- Cody Rhodes pinned Mike Bennett to win the NEW Title. Bennett losing it right after winning it is interesting. Bennett and Maria are going somewhere we're told to which they have been very secretive about. Secretive usually means WWE since they tell everyone not to tell everyone. Bennett also lost the next night to Vinny Marseglia in Waterbury CT.

I'd be 100% cool with Maria coming back to the WWE.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...changed-everything-for-shocked-undertaker-guy

This is an amazing article on Shocked Undertaker Fan from Mania 30

He told Daniel Bryan at Access that he was cheering for Hunter and taunted Bryan, so during his entrance Bryan saw him in the front row and threw his towel at the fan lol/

Dude knew he was a meme before Mania was even over... folks from behind him we're literally tapping him on the shoulder during the event to tell him he was a meme... leaving the arena that night he was already famous and people were wanting to talk to him...

He gaian 15000 Twitter followers basically over night and parlayed it all into an internship...

He met Taker 2 years later and apparently WWE security told him Taker was having a shitty day and meeting him was going to cheer him up and they got this picture out of it

Mbeh crossed paths with Undertaker that weekend, resulting in another memorable image. The famous fan stood in line to meet The Deadman. WWE security approached him and issued an ultimatum of sorts.

As Mbeh explained it, "Security came up and says, 'If you don't tell him you're you, then I'll tell him you're you. He's had a long day. He's stressed out. If you tell him, you will make his day.'"

He didn't need to tell the WWE icon. Someone had already tipped him off by the time Mbeh made it to the front of the line. Undertaker pulled him and told him he would give him something to talk about.

The Deadman did just that, mimicking Mbeh's famous expression from WrestleMania XXX.
CfEtNd4UEAErUOO.jpg

That's been the sweetest part of all of this. He has bonded with far more people than he would have before becoming Shocked Undertaker Guy.

"Life is about sharing moments with people," he explained. "Meeting someone online I had no clue about; they might be slightly weird. I pay attention because they're a fan of wrestling, and they want to talk about [it]. I'm the same way. And we have a connection."

Mbeh isn't big-headed about his minor celebrity status. He recognizes the situation for what it is.

"I'm not famous; I'm just a guy you recognize," Mbeh said.

At WrestleMania XXX, the cameras caught him at the perfect moment, as he summed up the audience's response to the night's most unexpected outcome with an expression that has since been immortalized. That split second, where shock shaped his face, proved to be a life-changer for him.

Really cool story and really heart warming...

Adree

I'm a pretty bad gaming apologist at times but playing Andromeda feels like watching WCW die all over again. How they screwed up Frostbite so bad I can't fathom.

Toki767

Why does WWE waste time on people like Roderick Strong. I can't understand it. Not even a little bit.

Watching NXT tonight kind of felt like the men's division has no direction at all.

And honestly the women's division doesn't either outside of Asuka vs Ember Moon.

Everything's just kind of there with NXT. Nothing is offensive, but it's difficult to tell who they're building before callups happen in a few weeks.

Watching NXT tonight kind of felt like the men's division has no direction at all.

And honestly the women's division doesn't either outside of Asuka vs Ember Moon.

Everything's just kind of there with NXT. Nothing is offensive, but it's difficult to tell who they're building before callups happen in a few weeks.

This actually might be the reason NXT has been so "eh" as of late. It feels like everything is based around call ups now, and it's really easy to predict who's going up and when. I feel like if they did that Sami Zayn storyline now, dude would of been called up after he failed to win the belt from Bo, and that would of been the end of it.

Got the Scottish leg of the WCPW World Cup nonsense tonight. Tournament itself looks fairly mediocre, with a potential Galloway v Girvan match being the only real interesting possibility. But the main event is Riddle v Ospreay v Scurll, which should hopefully be worth the ticket price alone.

klonere

Banned
This is the main bit from Meltzer's update on ROH/WWE (says no deal is done but discussions are being had)

I'm so glad I get to *live to see (jesus the tea didn't kick in at all this morning did it) Vince dismantle the sad shadow of the territories system once again.

I'm so glad I get to Vince dismantle the sad shadow of the territories system once again.

Seriously.

I find the glee some people have at seeing WWE try and gobble up another competitor rather disturbing. If Vince and Paul have their way everything worth a damn in wrestling will either be under a WWE banner, or out of business.

Menome

It is the distant future of the space-year 2020.

All that remains is WWE in the U.S. WCPW in the UK.

And Zandig in a car-park somewhere.

Forkball

Face AJ vs. Heel Roman would be an awesome program, whether it be on Raw or Smackdown. I honestly don't see them moving Roman to Smackdown so I think there's a possibility of us seeing it soon.

Jamie OD

Seriously.

I find the glee some people have at seeing WWE try and gobble up another competitor rather disturbing. If Vince and Paul have their way everything worth a damn in wrestling will either be under a WWE banner, or out of business.

I just assume those people weren't around for the other times WWE wiped out the competition which to be fair was a long time ago (this week is 16 years for WCW and ECW!). I've seen a lot of comments saying if WWE buys ROH they'll just let them carry on as normal. Not going to happen. A business doesn't buy another company just to keep it as it is.

Sheroking

I'd feel more sad about ROH if they weren't already a glorified developmental for NXT, which is itself a glorified developmental for Raw and Smackdown.

klonere

Banned
I'd feel more sad about ROH if they weren't already a glorified developmental for NXT, which is itself a glorified developmental for Raw and Smackdown.

I mean its easy to shit on ROH for have some spectacularly bad booking but less competition, especially competition that has American TV deals is always, always bad for wrestling as a whole.

Top Bottom