• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

cordy

Banned
Ugh, that shit on Mauro is sad.

Apparently according to Meltzer JBL bashing him constantly is what likely triggered his depression. His comments on Bring It To The Table also wasn't a work. Fuck.

somedevil

Roman on Smackdown would do him some good. He'd still get boos, but I think the writing would be a lot easier for him then the usual shit he says on Raw.

Reigns biggest problem is booking. His promo on Monday shows the type of character he should be but I'm afraid that is not going to continue.

Instead he will be handed scripts on what babyfaces should say according to Vince.

Syder

Ugh, that shit on Mauro is sad.

Apparently JBL bashing him constantly is what likely triggered his depression. His comments on Bring It To The Table also wasn't a work. Fuck.
Ehhh... As much as I hate JBL, and his shitting on Mauro for missing that SD is inexcusable, sometimes Bipolar flare-ups just happen and Mauro is a guy with a pretty exhausting schedule. He's been living with it for a long time, he knows he just needs a break.

cordy

Banned
And another big problem with Reigns is that when I see the guy I think any feud for him is basically a filler feud (unless he says it's the biggest thing ever for him like this Taker match) until he goes after a world title. Whether he's feuding against Rusev, Strowman, whoever, it always feels like a hold over until the guy can be in the championship picture and then just defend the belt against random guys until he loses it because the fans don't like him. There's gotta be a way to throw that off for a bit but who knows what it is.

It's going to take some major heels to get Reigns cheered and I don't think Miz can do it, I don't know Corbin can do it, shit. I don't know what it'll take but I don't know if there's any heels on the current roster who are great enough to get this man cheered.
Ehhh... As much as I hate JBL, and his shitting on Mauro for missing that SD is inexcusable, sometimes Bipolar flare-ups just happen and Mauro is a guy with a pretty exhausting schedule. He's been living with it for a long time, he knows he just needs a break.

I don't know a thing about that stuff so I'll take your word for it. I was just repeating what Meltzer said about the situation.

Beefy

Having depression and anxiety myself, I know it can hit hard any day. JBL probably didn't help but nor did the crazy work load he had.

Anth0ny

Not to mention they had shirts for him/Rollins at the Smackdown House show but didn't even have merch for all the Smackdown wrestlers including folks like Alexa Bliss and Bray Wyatt.... I had to literally get my Bliss t-shirt off off WWE Shop.com because they filled up merch spots for wrestlers that weren't even on the Smackdown roster....

yup, it's well known that it's a self fulfilling prophecy. with rare exceptions like the punk gear right after the pipebomb or ambrose/new day for a couple of days, they make it so their chosen one has the best selling merch.

randy orton himself has publicly acknowledged this. if fucking randy orton can't even get his shit sold in kids sizes, what chance does the rest of the roster have?

JBL is a terrible person and every time he has caused a incident it always seems because of him being a gigantic bullying asshole.

Fuck that guy. He is a bad person and I can only hope he does something fireable sooner or later.

Also everyone in WWE has terrible merch these days. I own some pretty shitty t shirts but none of them hold anything against your average upper mid card wrestler shirt thats just a catchphrase in some ugly as fuck font.

Zach

Three random items:

1.) I finally finished The X-Files. It got kinda weak, but it was still a good series.

2.) WWE is still using the scratch logo. In 2008.

3.) Cody Rhodes has "Prince of Pro Wrestling" on the butt of his trunks at Unforgiven 2008. That's pretty cute.

Zach

I was gonna post that this tag team of Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase (totally not junior!) has potential, but then some Indie Poster Thursday-looking schlub ran in after the match and cleaned house. Seriously. Look at this goof. Oh my god.

There are often personal thresholds for these types of things. You could call them triggering events I suppose.

It is like, there is a chance for nearly everyone to have a psychotic episode. The vast majority of people never will. Maybe someone who normally never would, would trigger psychosis when taking LSD. Or losing a loved one, or even a job or whatever.

The bullying and shitting on him by JBL might have just pushed Mauro closer to the threshold of a depressive episode. Who really knows though.

Fuck JBL. And fuck WWE for not firing him for harassing someone with mental health issues to the point he gets so ill he can't go to work.

Foggy

tumblr_ojq2rtNFvH1ul1p92o1_400.gif

Pikma

Banned
It was always JBL's fault, his buddy Bass Rutten basically confirmed it and then went ahead and called JBL an asshole on social media

yup, it's well known that it's a self fulfilling prophecy. with rare exceptions like the punk gear right after the pipebomb or ambrose/new day for a couple of days, they make it so their chosen one has the best selling merch.

randy orton himself has publicly acknowledged this. if fucking randy orton can't even get his shit sold in kids sizes, what chance does the rest of the roster have?

Probably because Randy Orton doesn't sell a lot of kids shirts. I mean, you guys want to make this a huge conspiracy, but the reason why your midcard heroes don't have a lot of merch is the same reason why Jeff Jarrett didn't have a lot of merch at a house show in 1998 - they're midcarders.

Plus, the last time I was at a house show, did Reigns have the most merch? Yes. But there was also an Owens shirt, a Bellas shirt, a Sasha shirt, a Bayley shirt, all sorts of New Day crap, a Rollins shirt, a Styles shirt, and Cena stuff.

C8IC425UAAAQ8ma.jpg:small

Heavy Machinery sound and look like a tag-team straight out of mid-90's WCW Saturday Night, and I love it.

I made Bartender Dave from Live Audio Wrestling laugh when I said about their debut package: "Oh wow High Voltage has really let themselves go since their WCW days... oh wait that's Heavy Machinery"

These dues are straight up post wellness policy High Voltage

I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed to have been able to immediately pull that reference out of my head.

Remember the history of JBL and things he has done. Blue Meanie, The Miz, those referees and guys from WCW. I forget which ref it was but apparently he even took WWE to court over it after getting stripped naked and mocked and abused. Obviously some of it may be exagerrated but there is a huge history of JBL being a completely garbage cunt of a person.

Its fun to joke about this industry being carny trash but it actually has a horrible and poisonous culture.

On top of that I am sure JBL and Vince probably think Mauro should "man up and stop being a pussy", and assumption on my part sure but I dont trust either of them to understand mental health issues.

I don't even know how I remembered those guys. XD

Too much 90s WCW, specifically WCW Saturday Night :p... Dude Barry Darsow will always be Mr Hole-In-One Barry Darsow to me because of how much WCW Saturday Night I watched, I always remember guys like Disroderly Conduct for fuck sakes lol.

I also spent years trying to track down High Voltage's theme song way before that shit was easy to find lol

Too much 90s WCW, specifically WCW Saturday Night :p... Dude Barry Darsow will always be Mr Hole-In-One[ Barry Darsow to me because of how much WCW Saturday Night I watched, I always remember guys like Disroderly Conduct for fuck sakes lol.

I also spent years trying to track down High Voltage's theme song way before that shit was easy to find lol
Any word on them adding saturday night and thunder?

Top Bottom