• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thunder will happen eventually just because it has the David Arquette title change on it.

Saturday Night is an endeavor that would take them forever, but with Raw done (Smackdown is gotta be close too) then they might do just that.

Thunder will happen eventually just because it has the David Arquette title change on it.

Saturday Night is an endeavor that would take them forever, but with Raw done (Smackdown is gotta be close too) then they might do just that.

Smackdown is done too actually as is all of NXT since it became a brand.

They are currently uploading Mid South Wrestling from the 80s

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man theres a lot of b shows

WWF used to be all B shows. Even Primetime which was RAW before RAW was a bunch of taped matches.

It's the leg up that the Southern promotions had on them for the longest time. While not live stuff like Saturday Night was clearly a marquee show.

Cagey

Banned
C8IC425UAAAQ8ma.jpg:small

Heavy Machinery sound and look like a tag-team straight out of mid-90's WCW Saturday Night, and I love it.
Dozovic is living proof of what happens when you achieve your permabulk dreams. 👍

Been to that 92 taping, a Raw, the Smackdown after WrestleMania 18, Summerslam 2004 and a bunch of house shows... never got to go to WCW
I went to a 98 or 99 thunder, a wcw house show, raw in 2013, and two wwe house shows.

I'm itching to go to something. The only thing upcoming is nxt 2 hours away.

Man... I wish my mom didn't hate wrestling so much when I was growing up. Didn't go see my first wrestling show until my mid 20's.

Those old tapings were insane... they were part house show, part tapings for foreign markets, part TV tapings

This is the card from the 92 Show I saw

WWF @ Ottawa, Ontario - Civic Center - June 2, 1992
Wrestling Challenge taping:
Razor Ramon defeated Jim Brunzell
Barry Hardy & Duane Gill defeated two unknowns with a side suplex / legdrop off the top combo
Prime Time Wrestling - 7/6/92: The Berzerker won a 40-man battle royal by last eliminating Kerry Von Erich and Skinner at the same time at 9:57; other participants included: Davey Boy Smith, WWF IC Champion Bret Hart, the Beverly Brothers, Virgil, Kato, Owen Hart, Koko B. Ware, the Nasty Boys, Tito Santana, Tatanka, Sgt. Slaughter, Rick Martel, WWF Tag Team Champions Ted Dibiase & IRS, Duane Gill, Joe Milano, Jim Brunzell, Bob Starr, Bret Johnson, JA Gooden, Steve Martinez, Bob Bradley, Bruce Mitchell, Barry Horowitz, Bob Knight, Jerry Davis, Joe McMullen, Al Hunter, Jim Powers, Scott Palantonio, Barry Hardy, Nick Danger and 3 others; order of elimination mid-way through the match: four unknowns by Von Erich one after another, Martel by Tatanka, Tatanka by Skinner, Dibiase by Santana, IRS by Smith, Bret Hart & the Beverlys at the same time, Saggs by Smith & Von Erich, Koko by Berzerker, Santana by Skinner, Smith by Skinner & Berzerker, Von Erich & Skinner by Berzerker at the same time after Skinner thought he had eliminated Berzerker moments earlier
The Undertaker pinned the Berzerker with the tombstone
The Ultimate Warrior pinned Papa Shango with the splash
Tatanka pinned Rick Martel with a roll up at 7:09 as Martel played to the fans (Rampage 92)
WWF IC Champion Bret Hart pinned Shawn Michaels (w/ Sensational Sherri) at 13:31 with a roll up after the challenger collided with Sherri on the ring apron (Rampage 92, Shawn Michaels: His Journey)
WWF on Tele5 (German TV): WWF World Champion Randy Savage defeated Ric Flair (w/ Mr. Perfect) via disqualification at around the 12-minute mark when Perfect attempted to hit Savage with the title belt but referee Earl Hebner took the belt from him before he could (UK Fan Favorites 93)
6/28/92 - included Gene Okerlund conducting a podium interview with the Berzerker & Mr. Fuji, discussing the Undertaker, during which Berzerker cut Okerlund's tie in half using his sword; featured a 'Special Report' segment showing last week's interview from WWF Superstars with Shawn Michaels & Sensational Sherri; included a vignette promoting the debut of Razor Ramon; featured more highlights from the recent World Bodybuilding Federation pay-per-view:
Papa Shango pinned Bob Perez at 1:44 with a reverse shoulderbreaker
Rick Martel defeated Jay Sledge via submission with the Boston Crab at 1:41
Virgil pinned Joe Milano at 1:27 with the side Russian legsweep
The Nasty Boys (w/ Jimmy Hart) defeated Jason Speed & Jay Blade at the 31-second mark when Saggs pinned Speed following a double DDT; after the bout, the Nastys continued their attack on Blade
Sgt. Slaughter defeated Kerry Davis via submission with the Cobra Clutch at 1:33
Kerry Von Erich pinned Barry Horowitz at 1:08 with the Tornado Punch
Repo Man defeated Joe McMullen via submission with a half crab at 1:30
7/5/92 - included Gene Okerlund conducting an interview with the Ultimate Warrior in which Warrior cut a promo on Papa Shango; featured a 'Special Report' segment showing footage from last week's WWF Superstars where the Legion of Doom found their old doll Rocco; featured a vignette promoting the debut of Razor Ramon:
The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) pinned Bob Knight with the tombstone at 2:12
Kamala (w/ Harvey Wippleman & Kimchee) pinned JA Gooden at 1:36 with a splash
Tatanka pinned Glen Ruth at 2:42 with the Samoan Drop
Nailz defeated Bruce Mitchell via submission at 1:20 with a choke; after the bout, Nailz attacked his opponent with the nightstick and he was then taken backstage on a stretcher
WWF Tag Team Champions Ted Dibiase & IRS (w/ Jimmy Hart) defeated Rene Figuero & Phil Apollo at 2:37 when IRS pinned Apollo with the Write Off clothesline
Shawn Michaels (w/ Sensational Sherri) pinned Jason Speed at 1:52 with the side suplex
Davey Boy Smith pinned the Brooklyn Brawler at 2:21 with the running powerslam
7/12/92 - featured a 'Special Report' segment showing a musical tribute to WWF World Champion Randy Savage, set to his theme music; included Papa Shango cutting a promo on the Ultimate Warrior after footage was shown of Shango's past antics - placing a curse on the Warrior and setting opponent's hands and feet on fire; featured a vignette promoting the debut of Razor Ramon:
Ric Flair (w/ Mr. Perfect) defeated Jason Knight via submission with the figure-4 at 1:46
The Beverly Brothers (w/ the Genius) defeated Nick Danger & Tony Ulysses at 2:06 when Beau pinned Danger following the head spike; after the bout, the Beverlys painted Danger's face and the letters "LOS" on his chest, for "Legion of Sissies"
Tito Santana pinned Joe Milano at 2:04 with the flying forearm
Rick Martel defeated Scott Colontonio via submission at 1:59 with the Boston Crab
Crush defeated Glen Ruth via submission at 1:49 with the head vice
WWF IC Champion Bret Hart defeated the Dublin Destroyer via submission with the Sharpshooter at 2:02
Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware defeated Kerry Davis & Joe McMullen at 2:33 when Owen pinned McMullen following a double missile dropkick

Even though the card sucks I think this would've been a good Wrasslinmania to go to just because it's in Orlando and you can go to Universal and whatever around it

New Orleans has food and culture but I feel like if you're flying out for a week of wrestling you aren't there for something of cultural value

That Mania sign with the globe seems like a direct rip-off of Universal Studios.
Guaranteed to be 100% intentional, just like the thrill ride shit

They had vacation packages with Universal passes

Oh shit what if HHH gets a Universal Monsters entrance. Frankenstein? Or I guess King Kong for #brands and "King Of Kings"

Anth0ny

re-listening to the entire lapsed fan journey right now, on mania 10.

dave straight up says vince wanted luger to be the next hogan, he was ready to give the belt to him at mania... but then realized bret had the momentum, luger wasn't over enough, and bret became the guy right then and there.

I miss 90s vince.

also hilarious to hear all the feedback from people reflecting on their original viewing of wrestlemania 9... literally breaking down in tears of joy at hogan running in and winning the title. back when wrestling was real.

So, contract signing Monday, contract signing Tuesday, will they complete the trifecta of driving this angle into the ground by there being a contract singing on NXT Wednesday?

I don't remember if there was one or not in the taping.
lol
No contract signing.
Not at the taping but they did it backstage so, lololololol. They completed the trifecta!

I made Bartender Dave from Live Audio Wrestling laugh when I said about their debut package: "Oh wow High Voltage has really let themselves go since their WCW days... oh wait that's Heavy Machinery"

These dues are straight up post wellness policy High Voltage

I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed to have been able to immediately pull that reference out of my head.

Yeah, High Voltage is immediately who I thought of too some time back so don't feel bad.

Mengetsu

Ugh, that shit on Mauro is sad.

Apparently according to Meltzer JBL bashing him constantly is what likely triggered his depression. His comments on Bring It To The Table also wasn't a work. Fuck.

As I said 3 times before. Fuck JBL and anyone who defends the culture

Having depression and anxiety myself, I know it can hit hard any day. JBL probably didn't help but nor did the crazy work load he had.

JBL is a terrible person and every time he has caused a incident it always seems because of him being a gigantic bullying asshole.

Fuck that guy. He is a bad person and I can only hope he does something fireable sooner or later..

Just got home to see the JBL bullshit. I can't stand him and can't believe he could be such a coward to talk down to someone that suffers from depression like that. Guys like him is what makes people who go through stuff like that do worse things. Shit has made me legit angry right now. I be he's happier than a pig in shit cause he gets all the announcing to himself. Fuck him.

Heavy Machinery are basically High Voltage, The Bushwackers and The Natural Disasters all rolled into one and then fused with modern athleticism.

Hasney

A7EtD92.png

GWF3: MarkaMania Card
Date, time, and event name are currently undecided. Final card subject to change.

Singles Match
FlammableD vs ShadowSwordmaster

Singles Match
SomewhatGroovy vs Mahonay

GWF B+ Championship #1 Contender Battle Royal
BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow vs Caderfix vs The Strokes vs BronsonLee vs RBH

GWF B+ Championship Match
Tall4Life vs Korly [c]

Singles Match
Sephzilla vs imBask

GWF Tag Team Championship Match
The New Japan Express (klonere & Heroman) vs The Just Friends (Bronx-Man & Ithil) [c]

20 Minute Iron Man "Loser Loses Catchphrase" Match - Winner becomes Tag Team #1 Contenders
Menome (w/ Browny) vs Zach (w/ Biggest-Geek-Ever)

Extreme Rules Match
Syder vs Kornflayx

MAIN EVENT - GWF World Championship Match
FallingEdge vs Beefy [c]

Unbelievable. You win a dark mat h and yet the loser gets booked. Politicccssss.

Adree

I'm worried they'll be silly and have the Hardys in the ladder match but that's match I want to fast forward through because there's too much fucking wrestling on sunday.

Top Bottom