• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Hasney

I'm worried they'll be silly and have the Hardys in the ladder match but that's match I want to fast forward through because there's too much fucking wrestling on sunday.

Don't worry, you can fast forward through Reigns/Undertaker instead if you see the Hardy's come out. It'll be dull as shit anyway.

C8IC425UAAAQ8ma.jpg:small

Heavy Machinery sound and look like a tag-team straight out of mid-90's WCW Saturday Night, and I love it.

Or
uTrtEmf.jpg

+
sledgehammer.jpg

It's funny how WWE gets lost in it's own logic (or lack of) so easily. Like, I get the drama/story reasons for having Seth have to sign a "hold harmless" agreement so that he can't hold HHH responsible for any injuries he might incur...a week after Hunter savagely beat on his leg with a crutch.

It's funny how WWE gets lost in it's own logic (or lack of) so easily. Like, I get the drama/story reasons for having Seth have to sign a "hold harmless" agreement so that he can't hold HHH responsible for any injuries he might incur...a week after Hunter savagely beat on his leg with a crutch.

That's because the logic of the story isn't a priority. Airing out their grievances with CM Punk is. Their ego is so fucking mind bogglingly huge that they would use this behind the scene legal battle in a storyline to shit in the dude.

Of course, Rollins had nothing to do with it and is now on the receiving end of it all. The irony that his promo would scream "imma find the guy I was before I met you" while he's playing to some petty corporate agenda irl.

To be fair Rollins attacked first there...

Taker legit just looks like a crazy old man now. The fact that he still tries to be intimidating just makes it even funnier. They should just transition his gimmick into that.

It's weird thinking that there were WWF exclusive and WCW exclusive fans... ow I can get preferring one to the other and maybe even only watching one but the idea of brand loyalty of cheering for one company or the other to win the Monday Night War and put the other company out of business is weird to me... I just loved both companies

It's weird thinking that there were WWF exclusive and WCW exclusive fans... ow I can get preferring one to the other and maybe even only watching one but the idea of brand loyalty of cheering for one company or the other to win the Monday Night War and put the other company out of business is weird to me... I just loved both companies
Yeah, I'm a fan of both. I only watched wcw back in 98 because I didn't know about wwf. I would have watched both.

Yeah, I'm a fan of both. I only watched wcw back in 98 because I didn't know about wwf. I would have watched both.

My love for WCW is probably why I am much more positive about the product today than a lot of folks... I lived through week to week of horrible wrestling.... I watched WCW week to week in 2000, if I can do that and have fun I sure as hell can enjoy an actually pretty decent 2017 product.

My love for WCW is probably why I am much more positive about the product today than a lot of folks... I lived through week to week of horrible wrestling.... I watched WCW week to week in 2000, if I can do that and have fun I sure as hell can enjoy an actually pretty decent 2017 product.
Yeah it's decent and enjoyable compared to authority raws. I was getting burnt out then.

It's not any worse than 97 raws and nitros.

Recall

We didn't get an option to see WCW until 2000 unless you could find a PPV unscrambled on the German channel.

It was WWF or nothing for I.

Toki767

In the 90s, especially the early 90s, it was easy to see why people would be diehard fans of each one.

WWF was always the kid-friendly, big spectacle company.

WCW was always a bit more edgy and had more of a realness to it.

Hasney

We didn't get an option to see WCW until 2000 unless you could find a PPV unscrambled on the German channel.

It was WWF or nothing for I.

You're UK right? It was on TNT on Sky for most of it's run. Certainly from '97 onwards until Bravo picked it up when I started watching.

It was dumb because we had the Friday Night Wars as Sky Sports had Raw and TNT had Nitro on at the same time on a fucking 5 day tape delay.

I watched WCW whenever I could and WWF, I missed a lot during the summer months because of a lack of cable or good reception for when Superstars was still a thing, I was one of those who switched back and forth though admittedly favored WWF especially post-WrestleMania XIII.

cordy

Banned
I watched WWF in the early 90s and, no lie, I turned to WCW for the first time when Nash showed up on Nitro. I was then just flipping back and forth but I was mostly into WCW from late 96-97. I really started watching WWF around 98 after Austin's title win and I was just watching it more and more.

You're UK right? It was on TNT on Sky for most of it's run. Certainly from '97 onwards until Bravo picked it up when I started watching.

It was dumb because we had the Friday Night Wars as Sky Sports had Raw and TNT had Nitro on at the same time on a fucking 5 day tape delay.
nitro moved to thursdays in 99/2000 on tnt. i don't remember when raw moved to thursdays too. my grandad moving to sky digital in 2000 fucked me over for a while cos he couldn't tape nitro for me anymore and i was heavy into wcw during 00.

It was hard for me to watch WCW when I was young. WWE was much more accessible here.

My friends dad also imported tapes of PPVs and some stuff from places like AJPW. So I was lucky enough to see a lot of cool shit back then anyway.

Cairnsay

Banned

It was so bizarre they felt the need to re-create the Monday night war a few days later. That being said, it was a glorious time. When Nitro was 3 hours it started at 9pm. Between Nitro, Raw, and then Thunder (which they showed directly after Nitro here) you had a solid 5 hours of wrestling on a Friday night. My mates and I would have sleepovers and just take it all in.

Unless I am mistaken, didn't Bravo switch Nitro to Thursdays once they started showing it?

Hasney

It was so bizarre they felt the need to re-create the Monday night war a few days later. That being said, it was a glorious time. When Nitro was 3 hours it started at 9pm. Between Nitro, Raw, and then Thunder (which they showed directly after Nitro here) you had a solid 5 hours of wrestling on a Friday night. My mates and I would have sleepovers and just take it all in.

Unless I am mistaken, didn't Bravo switch Nitro to Thursdays once they started showing it?

Yeah, Bravo were bright enough to get out of the way of Raw, especially at that time when WWF had pulled ahead.

I remember those Friday nights though. Eating a big bag of Walkers MAX crinkle chips with nacho cheese dip until 11pm and then having to get up at 5am for my part-time job at a supermarket. Those mornings were rouuuggghhhh.

Cairnsay

Banned
Yeah, Bravo were bright enough to get out of the way of Raw, especially at that time when WWF had pulled ahead.

I remember those Friday nights though. Eating a big bag of Walkers MAX crinkle chips with nacho cheese dip until 11pm and then having to get up at 5am for my part-time job at a supermarket. Those mornings were rouuuggghhhh.

We were all too lazy (and young I guess) for part time jobs, we'd stay up till about 5am after the watching the wrestling creating ppv's on WCW/NWO Revenge. We were THOSE kids.

Recall

I had no idea it was available. The only time I saw WCW was when it aired on channel 5.

It probably helped that Nitro was on Tuesdays in Canada. So I'd watch Raw and then Nitro.

I was a huge Disco and DDP mark lol...

Lol listening to Invasion era Review-a-Wais and it hit me that the WWF had more main event ECW guys than main event WCW guys. They literally had all of them outside of Foley and Sandman and a few others...

Fuck that moment when RVD and Dreamer debut out of fucking nowhere and all the ECW guys under WWF contract come out and turn on WWF and Heyman cuts that incredible promo is my all time fav out of context moment in Wrestling history.

I remember watching that live while I was on vacation and as a result away from the Internet and had no idea it was coming. Just boom there's RVD and Dreamer and boom here we go ECW...

Of course it's the Invasion angle so nothing amazing can last even one show and they literally fuck it all up that night. I agree with Pollock that the Invasion angle was dead by the end of that Raw with Stephanie introduced as the owner of ECW and the Alliance formed but the feeling I had when ECW was reformed will never be erased... I was freaking the fuck out.

Man I just loved wrestling, for a while I was literally watching Raw/Nitro/Smackdown/Thundet/ECW on TNN and often WCW Saturday Night and Heat... every week. Never had brand loyalty. Loved them all

I've been invited to a 9 course meal with matching wines at a fine dining restaurant in a few weeks. The meal is about $300 USD (after exchange) per person.

I think I will go all out and wear my Kenta Kobashi shirt.

Aiii

So not worth it
tumblr_onl49kxra31qh89n0o1_540.jpg

AJ's book is coming out on the 4th, reviews have been good, but apparently it's mostly about her upbringing and only the last third or so about her wrestling career.

One of the reviews mentioned this:
Yes, you will laugh a lot due to AJ's turn of phrase or some fantastically funny stories, but there is a real darkness and sadness to the first 20 or so years of Mendez-Brooks' life and you can't help feeling bad for her. The important thing is that she never gave up, was determined to become a pro wrestler and over came her size, massive amounts of sexism and misogyny from within the business and the fact a certain Director of Talent Relations (who is never named in the book but I have named their brother in this review.) directly told her that she was considered unf**kable by the fans and higher-ups. Ouch.
Because of course they did.

AJ's book is coming out on the 4th, reviews have been good, but apparently it's mostly about her upbringing and only the last third or so about her wrestling career.

Yeah, I heard about that a few weeks ago.

Honestly, it really makes me feel bad to even watch their programming, the amount of awful, awful shit they do and hide and carry on with.

Recall

I just witnessed a fucking masterclass of a 6 man tag. Never heard anything about it before but holy shit it was an amazing way to spend 30+ minutes.

Great Sasuke, Hayabusa, Tiger Mask v Yoshinari Ogawa, Manuakea Mossman, Masahito Kakihara from the AJPW Giant Baba Memorial show in 1999.

Incredible interactions between Kakihara and Tiger Mask, Mossman impressed, Hayabusa has no fucking fear and Ogawa is the most over laziest wrestler ever. The final 10 minutes were non stop hot near falls with the 6 man tag aspect played perfectly. So buzzed from watching that.

Ithil

acesushi5399.jpg

Top Bottom