• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Aiii

So not worth it
17498731_150979034903inuaj.jpg

™

Rimfya

Banned
Almas is great.

Lorcan's kick to the face looked legit and Cien's clothesline immediately after combined with the look of hate on his face was great. Not sure if shoot or work.

Menome

Oh heeeck!

#Brenemies, Brenemies
We're not huggers
Brenemies

Brenemies, Brenemies,
Mutual respect from
Brenemies

Baby's crying
Browny dying
But he'll beat up
Filthy Zach

Biggest-Geek-Ever
Thinks he's clever
But he'll be beat up by Menome

(All in time for teeeeeeeea)

Brenemies, Brenemies
Other tag-teams
Beneath our feet

Brenemies, Brenemies
Can't be bought out
Well maybe, we'll see#

Jamie OD

The TNA copyright thing is as desperate as that time WWE uploaded a video of CM Punk's ass to prove he didn't wrestle with a lump in his back.

As I'm not in the biz, so can't do shit about WWE Vincing, I'm just going to keep enjoying the ride while it lasts. Graps are still good, for now.

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair, Vince already has a monopoly, we aren't really considering ROH legit competition, right?

klonere

Banned
on the slate for today : a couple of people are going to defend Vince's monopoly if he buys ROH

i mean the "guaranteed good money relative to the alternative" argument is braindead easy and impossible to in good conscience say is a bad thing for the individual wrestler in question

its just real bad for the industry as a whole to have a competitor just scooped up and poof, gone like that.

shanafan

For all the shit we are giving WWE for forcing the boss's son on AJ in his 2nd WM...it's obviously the main event of Smackdown and probably going to be a Top 3 match in terms of booking.

It sucks AJ is getting held back by a 47 year old non-wrestler...but they are giving him a prime match at WM.

I think people will be pleasantly surprised by Shane and AJ's match.

Aiii

So not worth it
it sorta kinda sorta is, sorta

I mean, they tried, but in the end the only people that are truely competition to WWE is New Japan, in that it's the only company in the world that could offer a contract to a talent and have the talent consider going for them instead of WWE.

Vince has won that battle over everyone else 17 years ago, TNA had a shot for a year or so by throwing a bunch of money at some big names, but that's about the limit of competition WWE had.

I think people will be pleasantly surprised by Shane and AJ's match.

The hoops yall gonna have to jump through to still praise it or Styles when he can't carry Shane to a more entertaining match than Taker did would make Shaq believe in something being round

shanafan

If it wasn't for Vince and what he did for wrestling, this thread wouldn't even exist. Hate him all you want for not pushing your favorite superstars, but he put WWF/WWE on the map. He made wrestling what it is today. A worldwide success.

Aiii

So not worth it
If it wasn't for Vince and what he did for sports entertainment, this thread wouldn't even exist. Hate him all you want for not pushing your favorite superstars, but he put WWF/WWE on the map. He made sports entertainment what it is today. A worldwide success.

ftfy

klonere

Banned
If it wasn't for Vince and what he did for wrestling, this thread wouldn't even exist. Hate him all you want for not pushing your favorite superstars, but he put WWF/WWE on the map. He made wrestling what it is today. A worldwide success.

please source your quotes

Heroman

Banned
What no he didn't, wreslting was already a world wide success.

Hasney

The hoops yall gonna have to jump through to still praise it or Styles when he can't carry Shane to a more entertaining match than Taker did would make Shaq believe in something being round

He'll carry him to a more entertaining match than that. AJ isn't decrepit yet.

Walking into the territories and saying there's nothing here but me while killing every company around you is like being Columbus and saying you found a new home while killing every existing person and animal around you

Like holy shit, imagine believing Vince saved or founded shit

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sorry a star like Shane is forced down the card to squash a ham and egger like AJ Lee or whatever his name is when he went one on one with Da Undertaker last year in the showcase of the immortals.

klonere

Banned
Hulkamania started it. He became the household name that EVERYONE knew. Everyone knew who Hulk Hogan was, from fans to your grandparents. That was all Vince.

Like I don't know if you are working a gimmick here or something but Gorgeous George was a cultural phenomenon that everyone, from fans to your grandparents would know about decades before Terry Bollea decided he wanted to be a steroid hot dog.

Afternoon Wrasslegaf.

So what will happen when WWE own all wrestling?

40 to 60% of the people who watch any kind of wrestling right now will give up on the sport entirely

Remember how the people who were watching in '98 and the people watching in 2004, in terms of size, were basically two different worlds, and it was never the same or even close ever again? Basically that, but with the audience of 2011/12 being the new comparison. You'll never see the numbers who watched Punk be that significant in the industry, watching any company, ever again

Hulkamania started it. He became the household name that EVERYONE knew. Everyone knew who Hulk Hogan was, from fans to your grandparents. That was all Vince.

Hogan came from AWA. Gagne had a huge broadcast network for his thing. To the extent Vince went after him.

WWE likes to peddle the story Vince creates all these stars when really, almost all of them are poached from somewhere else or when they leave WWE (Nash etc) WWE likes to take credit for it. The Monday Night War series was an embarassment of rewriting history.

Again, I just wat to say I am really kind of shocked that WWE is using this fucking HHH / Seth Rollins storyline as a parallel to what went down with CM Punk. HHH's segment on RAW this past Monday was quite the shit to see unfold live on television. "Don't sue us when you leave", "he bought the crowds hype", "they want their hero to return.". It was simultaneously brilliant yet somehow petty.

Hbk turned down he vs aj for mania

http://www.iwnerd.com/wwe-news-original-plans-aj-styles-wrestlemania-33/

AJ Styles is scheduled to face off against Shane McMahon at Wrestlemania 33. This is a match that has gained a lot of criticism from fans who don’t think that they are a good pairing. After the year AJ has had, WWE fans wanted to see him face an incredible wrestler on the big stage.

It turns out that AJ Styles was originally planned to face an incredible wrestler at Wrestlemania 33, it just fell through…..

The ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels appeared on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast and revealed that WWE wanted him to face AJ Styles at Wrestlemania 33 but he ultimately declined.

“I could’ve had that match, they did not have an opponent for AJ at Wrestlemania”

Shawn would go on to say that he was approached to take on AJ because fans wanted to see the match. It also had to do with them not having any other plans for AJ at the time. Michaels declined, wanting to stay retired.

“I wish that man was here 10 years ago man, I really do”

Top Bottom