• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Sephzilla

GWF2...

mrmix9Y.gif

A7EtD92.png

GWF 2: Sweet
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central (1:00 AM GMT)
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

u8ab6rk.png

After crowning our first ever GWF World Champion at GWF1, the rest of the GWF world begins to take shape as GWF2 presents not one but two elimination style contests in order to crown our first ever GWF Tag Team and GWF B+ Champions!

Note 1: All Tag Team matches are done in Elimination Tornado Tag Team format
Note 2: Kornflayx vs Syder rematch is already booked for GWF3, regardless of whether or not Syder wins the B+ Championship.
Note 3: If you aren't on this card, don't worry. It doesn't mean I've forgotten you.

Match Card:

GWF Tag Team Championship Tournament Round 1 Match
RBH & DMczaf (Team WCW) vs Bronx-Man & Ithil (The Just Friends)

The Savior of the WCW and the GWF's Certified Shooter unite for a shot at the GWF Tag Team Championship. Can they stop the Just Friends duo of Bronx-Man and Ithil, who are riding momentum from their dominating win over the New Japan Express at GWF 1? Will GeorgiaDome.gif shine proudly?

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
Caderfix vs The Strokes vs Kaladin vs korly vs Syder vs Anth0ny

Multiple strong up and comers of GWF fight to advance to the GWF B+ Championship match. Syder and Korly have momentum coming in from GWF1 and the other entrants are hungry to for gold after coming up short in the GWF Championship Rumble.

GWF Tag Team Championship Round 1 Match
Browny & Menome (The Brenemies) vs Biggest-Geek-Ever & Zach (The Huggers of Destruction)

Two men who may or may not have an inner distane for each other taking on a team that is fueled by #HugLyfe. Who will move on to the GWF Tag Team Championship match? The crowd is wondering if we'll see Biggest-Geek-Ever pull out another jaw dropping Phenom Splash

GWF Championship #1 Contender Match - Winner faces Beefy at GWF3
FallingEdge vs Tall4Life

After his shocking debut in the GWF Championship Royal Rumble, FallingEdge put on a dominant display eliminating multiple superstars and making a name for himself in the World Title division. This performance has put him on the path towards the GWF Championship. Standing in his way is Tall4Life, the man who once again crushed the dreams of Atlanta Falcon's fans at GWF1 and is hoping he can Superbowl Punch his way to Beefy at GWF3.

GWF B+ Championship Round 1 TLC Match
imbask vs sf2fanatic vs BronsonLee vs Serpentine vs BewareTheBatsie vs OwensIsNow

Who will move on to fight for the GWF B+ Championship? Will it be BronsonLee, the man that growth spurts forgot? Will we be chanting URAH URAH OWENSISNOW? Or will everyone just give up to BewareTheBatsie?

GWF Tag Team Championship Match
Winner of Team WCW/Just Friends vs Winner of Brenemies/Huggers of Destruction

GWF B+ Championship Match
Ladder Match 1 Winner vs Ladder Match 2 Winner

shanafan

40 to 60% of the people who watch any kind of wrestling right now will give up on the sport entirely

Remember how the people who were watching in '98 and the people watching in 2004, in terms of size, were basically two different worlds, and it was never the same or even close ever again? Basically that, but with the audience of 2011/12 being the new comparison. You'll never see the numbers who watched Punk be that significant in the industry, watching any company, ever again

In 2004, would you think an indy guy with a Pepsi tattoo would bring in huge numbers that were unseen since the Attitude Era with the current state of the product at the time?

Or how about a white rapper from Boston that would eventually become the face of the company?

Saying "You'll never see the numbers ever again" is far from accurate because you never know the future. You don't know who is a guy just wrestling in high school gyms today who would be the next CM Punk or John Cena. That is the beauty of the industry.

klonere

Banned
In 2004, would you think an indy guy with a Pepsi tattoo would bring in huge numbers that were unseen since the Attitude Era with the current state of the product at the time?

Or how about a white rapper from Boston that would eventually become the face of the company?

Saying "You'll never see the numbers ever again" is far from accurate because you never know the future. You don't know who is a guy just wrestling in high school gyms today who would be the next CM Punk or John Cena. That is the beauty of the industry.

I mean you were wrong about Hogan and your wrong about Punk bringing in numbers of that magnitude.

Beefy

I'm going to interrupt every GFW match. Not with a beat down though, I am going to walk in the ring and start singing tunes.

Aiii

So not worth it

You will NEVER EVER see Raw doing 6.0's again. 100%, no question.

Yeah but it FEELS right

"I'm just #AskingQuestions, I'm sure I can photoshop 5 million fans out of thin air to prove we're 1) actually in a golden age and 2) it can happen again"

We in legit conspiracy theory territory now friends, buckle up and get ready for his next post

shanafan

"I'm just #AskingQuestions, I'm sure I can photoshop 5 million fans out of thin air to prove we're 1) actually in a golden age and 2) it can happen again"

We in legit conspiracy theory territory now friends, buckle up and get ready for his next post

Referring to me? I didn't say we were in a Golden Age.

And again, no one can predict the future of the business. Maybe Vince will pass away and WWE will crumble (fearful some will cheer that), or Tye Dillinger will be become the next top superstar. WHO KNOWS. But just saying "the high ratings will never happen" just isn't accurate. Maybe they will, or maybe they won't.

You will NEVER EVER see Raw doing 6.0's again. 100%, no question.

I can't wait till the post-Mania Raw does a 3.8, 3.9, and I'll genuinely be able to say they can't even do 4.0s anymore on their most-watched show

"NXT gonna do 7 million viewers by 2020" - shanafan

I always thought one of the big criticisms of guys like Punk and Bryan were even when given a push rstings didnt change fuck all. Booking might not of helped but that is on WWE anyway.

If wverythinf wasnt scripted as shit and they lut on matches that actually got people to invest emotionally maybe ratings would increase. Over pushing a charisma vacuum who cant talk who is booked as an underdog but barely loses.

I'm almost positive I said a year ago wrestling is forever doomed to have fans believing there's more potential for growth more than the goddamn promoters believe it

*looks at audience disassociate in record numbers more and more every 5 years since WCW/ECW went under* "this is fine, we definitely have Not peaked"

Striker

You do know you can see what posts people respond to, right?

You'll never see the numbers who watched Punk be that significant in the industry, watching any company, ever again

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232611069&postcount=890
Ok, but your post indicates Punk brought lots of new viewers. He did not. There was like a one week bump in TV ratings if that but nothing substantial. MitB '11 was a marginal draw and SummerSlam '11 had one of the lowest buyrates since 1997.

Heroman

Banned
The growth of pro wrestling isn't happening in America anymore, but I think Japan might be experiencing one. And of course the UK

Ok, but your post indicates Punk brought lots of new viewers. He did not. There was like a one week bump in TV ratings if that but nothing substantial. MitB '11 was a marginal draw and SummerSlam '11 had one of the lowest buyrates since 1997.

Punk wasn't a draw because they never pushed him. He never main event ppvs and lost to every part timer.

Recall

American wrestling hasn't drawn since October 2001. It's all been on a decline since then.

Sorry to break it to you but the main stream stopped caring and they have zero desire to ever come back. The only people who watch wrestling are those who watch it regardless of performers, matches and story beats. WWE doesn't draw new eyes, it just keeps the same ones satisfied enough to tune in every week.

American wrestling hasn't drawn since October 2001. It's all been on a decline since then.

Sorry to break it to you but the main stream stopped caring and they have zero desire to ever come back. The only people who watch wrestling are those who watch it regardless of performers, matches and story beats. Wrestling doesn't draw new eyes, it just keeps the same ones satisfied enough to tune in every week.

And when they go, a bigger and bigger section don't come back.

Thank you. Sorry I'm so bad at just getting to the point today, haven't had coffee yet

Zach

Some loon bit my brother on a domestic dispute call early this morning and now he's being tested for HIV, etc. Jeeesus.

The growth of pro wrestling isn't happening in America anymore, but I think Japan might be experiencing one. And of course the UK

I agree. NJPW keeps growing and it's and other promotions growth outside of Japan is really big. A lot of streamimg services have more customers outside of Japan.

UK scene is crazy too with so much young talent.

Aiii

So not worth it
Couldn't find the time for Mass Effect if I wanted to. Zelda will keep me occupied until Persona 5 is out. EA really chose the worst time to release their game.

Foggy

So I subscribed to DDT Universe. Anyone got any guidance on what is must watch on there?

There should be collections for Harashima and Ibushi, which is a good place to start. DDT Judgement 2017 was really fun if it was uneven as a whole. Last 4 matches and Irie/Bailey should be watched. Shuji Ishikawa vs Harashima title match from 4/12/16. Then if you're in the mood for goofy shit just look for the "street" tag. http://ddtuniverse.com/search?tag=TAG&type=PR&id=330

Couldn't find the time for Mass Effect if I wanted to. Zelda will keep me occupied until Persona 5 is out. EA really chose the worst time to release their game.

I ended up buckling and spending too much money on Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata. The most use my PS4 has gotten ever, at least since Bloodborne came out (which I was disappointed with).

Yakuza 0 is fucking amazing.

Recall

Battle Formation 1996 is one hell of a NJPW show.

WCW wrestlers all over the undercard? Check. Incredible Junior Heavyweight action? Check. Blood? Check. Hot main event with an insanely hot crowd? Check

Takada vs Hashimoto is such a spectacle and the fans lap it up in spades. There are men is business suits jumping up and down and fisting pumping the air as Hashimoto escapes cross armbreakers.

A DDT make the entire crowd blow their loads. Everyone loses their shit and it is amazing.

Japanese wrestling is still in limbo until tv really catches fire again. There *might* be momentum but I'm not clued in enough to speak on it.

You son of a bitch

My man!

Japan's doing much better than in, say, 2004. Stardom's death is going to hurt though

I need Yakuza 0

Striker

Sorry to break it to you but the main stream stopped caring and they have zero desire to ever come back. The only people who watch wrestling are those who watch it regardless of performers, matches and story beats. WWE doesn't draw new eyes, it just keeps the same ones satisfied enough to tune in every week.3
PPV's here and there can get significant bumps, ala Rock in Survivor Series '11 and the Rumble '13.

But yeah, mostly it hasn't brought in new guys. That said, this idea that the Summer Of Punk angle did something magical, it just isn't true.

Edit: Throw in Extreme Rules 2012 when Lesnar came back.

Punk wasn't a draw because they never pushed him. He never main event ppvs and lost to every part timer.
Those two PPV's he did main event, and won both. The angle just wasn't all that popular like some seem to want it to be.

Japanese wrestling is still in limbo until tv really catches fire again. There *might* be momentum but I'm not clued in enough to speak on it.

You son of a bitch

My man!

I am sorry. I am not saying this to be a dick or whatever but the framepacing issues or whatever it was Bloodborne had totally ruined it for me. Ill probably go back to it and try again though. It may have been the TV I had at the time having bad input delay.

Yakuza 0 is fucking amazing. The side stories are fucking crazy as shit, almost in a Deadly Premonition way and the main story is awesome. Also
dodgy as it may be, the catfighting ring basically being the NJPW lion mark but a cat instead was pretty funny.

Top Bottom