• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Toki767

When Lesnar gets hit with something he looks like he's seriously gotten the wind knocked out of him - he has the perfect ability to sell to the point that the offense he took looks legit, but not to the point of overselling moves. He also seems to have a knack for knowing which moves he's allowed to no-sell and what moves need to come off as big story beats.

My problem with Lesnar is the combination of his booking and the fact he isn't committed enough to the role of professional wrestler to make stuff interesting. I wouldn't have had a problem with the main event of SummerSlam if they had tried to get a real match out of it instead.

I think the only times I've ever really seen Brock not care at all in his matches were against Ambrose and to a lesser degree against HHH at Mania.

Like...I'm not saying Reigns doesn't have good matches.

But it's kind of clear that the company is extra careful in designing his matches to get the most crowd pops as possible. Through various things breaking, lots of outside interference so that he can do a dive over the top rope to the outside, etc...

He's basically Vince's version of a spot monkey.
Roman hasn't done that dive in forever. I think maybe it was last seen during the AJ feud.

Plus I like his dive. We see it only occasionally which is why it's more exciting given in today's WWE suicide dives are just something to send us into a commercial.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Both of Roman's AJ Styles matches were great and it wasn't just because AJ is good.

I wonder where NJPW would put Roman Reigns on the card.

Caderfix

Popped in the WM thread real quick only to see Liu Kang Baking A Pie having the exact same discussion he was having here a couple days ago raising the exact same points hahahahaha

Bless his soul

They probably remembered that there was a women's revolution and that they probably don't want to be known as a company that restricts said revolution to a fucking Pre-show.

Mahonay

Banned
Popped in the WM thread real quick only to see Liu Kang Baking A Pie having the exact same discussion he was having here a couple days ago raising the exact same points hahahahaha

Bless his soul
It's just constant bait posts. I stopped responding to him.

Eagerly awaiting the meltdowns if they call Shinsuke Nakamura "The Vibe" on the main roster.

Cole: IT'S...THE VIBE...THE VIBE IS HERE ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW!!
Byron: The Vibe is making the ladies excited tonight!

So it looks like the sd women's match may have been moved to the main card.

Fuck yes, now they get to do this entrance justice, 6 would be too early for it to be completely dark.

U12ly6I.gif

I hope Enzo and Cass have some actual decent lines for their pre-match promo. Instead it'll probably be them doing a lot of hometown pandering, they'll call Cesaro pepperoni nipples, make a few bald jokes, Big Cass will have one or two lines only and still sound terrible reading them.

I think Mickie takes the belt.

It was great at first but I think Smackdown constantly involving all of the women in something is slowly becoming a bad thing because they keep throwing them into multiman matches all of the time. I'd prefer one on one feuds but most of the feuds constantly cross over.

Plus I hope Smackdown pick up more talent for the women's division. Losing Nikki means Becky is the only real star they've got on the division and I want the match quality to start to rise.

Honestly Ambrose vs Corbin could probably be moved to the Kickoff Show.
If the women's match is being brought up, something's being shot down. Two matches for a two hour pre show is a no no. Unless the battle royal is made to be legitimate and about half an hour instead of just being ten minutes long.

Speaking of, I think Sami gets the win by eliminating Braun. This is used to launch him into a US title feud with Owens the next night on Raw.

Return of the Jedi
American Pie 2
Saving Private Ryan
Hackers
Die Hard 3
Fast 6
The Wood
Juice
Full Metal Jacket
Jersey Boys
Step up 3
Indy & Last Crusade
Back to the Future 2
Bloodsport
Best of the Best 2

Mahonay

Banned
Return of the Jedi
American Pie 2
Saving Private Ryan
Hackers
Die Hard 3
Fast 6
The Wood
Juice
Full Metal Jacket
Jersey Boys
Step up 3
Indy & Last Crusade
Back to the Future 2
Bloodsport
Best of the Best 2
What are your thoughts on Kickboxer? Amazing? Really amazing? TONG PO??

Top Bottom