• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

http://www.pwmania.com/possible-par...omens-title-match-summer-rae-switching-brands

607313aadb4fb2134bde074b719c8558.gif
I'd just love to hear Victoria come out to t.A.T.u but I know they'll use the other bullshit nikki manaje theme.

I know ROH is a dumpster fan haha but

The partnership with NJPW.

Even if this were still as strong as it was when the partnership started (it's not, New Japan doesn't need them [especially not for the American expansion they're doing this summer without them], ROH needs them), Kidani could and would terminate the partnership the second after sale was announced. It's no asset.

klonere

Banned
Even if this were still as strong as it was when the partnership started (it's not, New Japan doesn't need them [especially not for the American expansion they're doing this summer without them], ROH needs them), Kidani could and would terminate the partnership the second after sale was announced. It's no asset.

Yeah that was a bad example.

Barrage

The tape library is the real prize here. "Hey guys, we got years of AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan/ Kevin Owens/ CM- I mean, uhh,...Evan Bourne..."

It turns out that AJ Styles was originally planned to face an incredible wrestler at Wrestlemania 33, it just fell through…..

The ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels appeared on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast and revealed that WWE wanted him to face AJ Styles at Wrestlemania 33 but he ultimately declined.

“I could’ve had that match, they did not have an opponent for AJ at Wrestlemania”

Shawn why.

why did you condemn us to this reality.

Kaladin

Yeah, decisions, decisions for Jim Ross. Is that thing even still happening?

That would be my big hesitation is if his live events are even happening at this point. Totally wouldn't blame him for canceling, but they haven't been yet.

The real reason WWE buying ROH would suck is because it's one less place for wrestlers to get on TV in the US - ROH, as it stands, was in no danger of going away anytime soon. Sinclair may lack ambition, but they weren't ever about going after WWE, they just wanted an hour of weekly content that was cheap to produce and they could syndicate. ROH pays for itself, and as Sinclair always has a need for cheap content ROH's future was relatively secure, until WWE throws a bunch of money their way.

Pretty clear that any promotion which generates a buzz, gets on TV or just gets too big in general, WWE will try and co-opt (use), buy out or destroy. Oh, there'll be room for alternatives, but only to a certain level and WWE gets to decide what level that is.

Browny

Banned
If Michaels didn't come back to face Bryan, then he's not coming back for AJ.

If Michaels had carried on with an Undertaker schedule for the past few years...

Punk
Bryan
Neville
Owens
Rollins
Mojo

Zach

That would be my big hesitation is if his live events are even happening at this point. Totally wouldn't blame him for canceling, but they haven't been yet.

Maybe you'll get to watch him sit on a stool and cry for two hours, you sick freak.

Kaladin

If Michaels didn't come back to face Bryan, then he's not coming back for AJ.

If Michaels had carried on with an Undertaker schedule for the past few years...

Punk
Bryan
Neville
Owens
Rollins
Mojo

I think Michaels wanted to retire at his peak though, which he did. He retired at the right time and we never saw fat HBK or broken down HBK like we're getting with Taker.

Honestly, both Taker and HBK should have retired with that match.....either that, or Taker should have retired when the streak ended.

Sephzilla

HBK retired after giving one of the better matches of his career (and one year after arguably the best match of his career). Retiring on top was the smart thing to do

I think Michaels wanted to retire at his peak though, which he did. He retired at the right time and we never saw fat HBK or broken down HBK like we're getting with Taker.

Honestly, both Taker and HBK should have retired with that match.....either that, or Taker should have retired when the streak ended.

Taker should not have gone out on that godawful WM 30 match. If anything he should have retired after HIAC with Brock.

But really the time to go out was after the "End of an Era" match.

Fox318

HBK has that Steve Austin fear that they will fail on a big stage.

Only thing I wish about HBK is that he would stay away.

If you don't plan on wrestling or stay around for more than once event stay off the screen.

I'm one of the few that thinks AJ vs Shane will be fun, but yeah, AJ v HBK would've been great. Could even have the reason of him never having the opportunity to face him before. Shame.

Kaladin

I'm one of the few that thinks AJ vs Shane will be fun, but yeah, AJ v HBK would've been great. Could even have the reason of him never having the opportunity to face him before. Shame.

I agree with you AJ vs Shane will be fun. Shane takes a lot of punishment, and AJ is no Taker when it comes to that. Shane will get beat, keep coming back, hit his big spot and that will be it.

Klonere blew that dude the fuck out. Shanafan buried 4 lyfe. I forgot what I was gonna say originally but it was probably about Zach being a jabronie. So yeah, he's a huge one.
Shut up, Damn Mark.

Meltzer is speculating that the reason Nakamura was added to the NXT UK shows is that the early ticket sales were slow. He still seems to believe he'll be on the main roster soon.

Either way, we'll know by the end of Takeover whether or not that's the case.

Recall

The Undertaker streak storyline makes zero sense we got bullshit matches after his loss and a half arsed backward booked program vs Lesnar well after the fact.

Wouldn't it have been easier and made more sense to just do:

Taker loses at 30.
Isn't involved at 31.
Returns at 32 against Lesnar for revenge match up with career vs career stip. Loses and then is gone for good.

The random match against Bray still boggles my mind.

klonere

Banned
The Undertaker streak storyline makes zero sense we got bullshit matches after his loss and a half arsed backward booked program vs Lesnar well after the fact.

Taker loses at 30.
Isn't involved at 31.
Returns at 32 against Lesnar for revenge match up with career vs career stip. Loses and then is gone for good.

This year seems to be the make good for that Bray thing, especially considering the Survivor Series thing that went down.

Watch Orton win that match though.

Sephzilla

Undertaker's streak should have never ended. It was wasted on Brock since Brock didn't really do anything with that win and there was no payoff where Brock was ultimately defeated. And Undertaker's WrestleMania matches since then have felt extremely pointless. Plus never getting Taker vs Sting still hurts.

Ronin Ray

Didn't Shawn Michaels say if he came back he would want to wrestle Samoa Joe because there styles clash and they could tell a great story. I may be wrong but I think he also said something along the lines of not wanting to wrestle Seth or AJ because there styles are to similar to his own and it doesn't interest him .

HBK has that Steve Austin fear that they will fail on a big stage.

Only thing I wish about HBK is that he would stay away.

If you don't plan on wrestling or stay around for more than once event stay off the screen.
Doubtful. Austin hasn't wrestled since 2003. When they pitched Shawn and Bryan it was only what? 3 years after the retirement so it's just that he respects his retirement and doesn't want to be like these guys who need one more pay check. Over and over and over again. It's funny how some of the guys he grew up idolizing are still doing that while he's living comfortably and in good health.

Taker loses at 30.
Isn't involved at 31.

The decision to have him lose in the first place was something they didn't even decide until that weekend, so I'm not surprised they had no clue how to follow up on it.

At least the idea of "Brock/Reigns: Reigns retires the Streak killer after retiring the Streak builder" someone brought up earlier is a decent abrupt way to end it all. As long as it actually ends.

Zach

Klonere blew that dude the fuck out. Shanafan buried 4 lyfe. I forgot what I was gonna say originally but it was probably about Zach being a jabronie. So yeah, he's a huge one.
Shut up, Damn Mark.

Dude, I know you're baiting, but enough with the personal attacks on here. You don't know me.

Top Bottom