• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

Mahonay

Banned
Y'all in here talking about the lack of buzz for Mania when it's all sold out, people are going to spend thousands of dollars of merch and they'll have a blast and get heat stroke watching Vince metaphorically jerk off for 7 hours on a Sunday
65,000 MARKS

Hasney

Y'all in here talking about the lack of buzz for Mania when it's all sold out, people are going to spend thousands of dollars of merch and they'll have a blast and get heat stroke watching Vince metaphorically jerk off for 7 hours on a Sunday

Even with this card, if I was able to go, I would and would be buzzing.

Hasney

Neville keeping the heel alive in a local UK newspaper. Reading the phrase 'kayfabe heel turn' in a local UK article is weird though.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...we-superstar-neville-gives-hilarious-12775351

“Don’t doubt that I am going to be successful at WrestleMania. Right now I am unstoppable and at WrestleMania I am going to be in the very best form and the very best shape. I’m not even going to be challenged at WrestleMania.

“Newcastle, on the other hand, while they’re in a good position now, knowing what they’re like they’re probably going to throw it all away. But that is what it is.”

Prior to his return and kayfabe heel turn, however, Neville had previously told how it was the form of Benitez’s Toon side that inspired him during a tough period as he struggled with being out of the ring with injury.

Hex

Banned
So whats the expectation for Bork vs Gillberg?

Is goldberg going to destroy him again?
Is brock going to get a quick pin?
Or will it suddenly be an actual match?

This is what I do not get.
Goldberg destroyed Lesner twice, and now Lesner is supposed to all of the sudden win the one for the belt?

I want maximum fuckery.

I think there definitely will be some activity to cover for the injury and keep things interesting

Yo, I don't know why you guys think Lesnar injuring Goldberg doesn't enormously help both of them in kayfabe.

(The only problem would be Goldberg injuring himself like a dingus again.)

jmdajr

I'm excited for Rollins vs HHH. Not for the wrestling part which will probably be meh but my god the fuckery will be amazing during it.

Kang of Kangs will be ready.

42d6975c_o.png

Wonder if they have Rollins get his own unique entrance.

klonere

Banned
I want maximum fuckery.

HHH going back to maximum fuckery matches after years and years of 25 minute epics would dope.

Plus Rollins is far from 100% so anything to mask that can only be a positive and you can setup multiple different programs all the way to Wrestlemania through it!

Mahonay

Banned
HHH going back to maximum fuckery matches after years and years of 25 minute epics would dope.

Plus Rollins is far from 100% so anything to mask that can only be a positive and you can setup multiple different programs all the way to Wrestlemania through it!
I mean...WM31 was the fuckery of fuckery matches.

Sephzilla

Cole: "Rollins is about to pin HHH and--"

*BREAK IT DOWN*

Cole "WAIT A MINUTE THAT'S DX'S MUSIC!"

*Finn's music hits*

Cole: "Wait, that's Finn Balor! And AJ Styles! And The Club! They're all together!"

Otunga: *Fart noises*

*Joe's music hits*

JBL: "The Destroyer is here Maggle!"

Corey: "Samoa Joe knows how to defeat the Demon that's for sure!"

*SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA. SHIELD*

Cole: "OH MY GOD IT'S AMBROSE AND ROMAN! THE SHIELD IS BACK!"

Goldberg's been on a podcast saying he can't do anything

It's going to suuuuck
Thinking about it, I'm feeling like that's a work. When does the champ ever start telling people they're not going to be great at WM? He wants to surprise us, because he knows our expectations of him at his age and talent level.

(I've never liked or wanted to see Goldberg.)

Mahonay

Banned

*BREAK IT DOWN*

*Finn's music hits*

Cole: "Wait, that's Finn Balor! And AJ Styles! And The Club! They're all together!"

*Joe's music hits*

dgib.gif

14 non-WWE shows streaming around Mania, what's everyone gonna watch?

Planning on catching both EVOLVE shows, PROGRESS, Joey Janela's Spring Break, ROH, WWNLive Mercury Rising, FIP and the NJPW show on the Tuesday after Mania. Might try and watch the Ganbare Pro shows on DDT Universe as well, we'll have to see.

Beefy

*BREAK IT DOWN*

*Finn's music hits*

*Joe's music hits*

Instead we will get this:
2ghjn.gif

klonere

Banned

*BREAK IT DOWN*

*Finn's music hits*

*Joe's music hits*

That would HYPE as fuck

Zach

*BREAK IT DOWN*

*Finn's music hits*

*Joe's music hits*

Zach: [patiently waits for the n-n-n-new World order]

Sephzilla

Taker vs Sting should have been for WM 31. But Triple H had to get the match of course.

Ideally Taker vs Sting should have been at WM31 and Taker should have went in undefeated. Brock ending the streak was such a bad decision in hindsight (well I thought it was a bad decision at the time too)

jmdajr

I just want to know how long it will be. Meltz said they were aiming for around 6 and half hours m.

Two hour pre-show, with half an hour over-run on the main show? So we will be watching from 4pm-1030pm!

My wife will be thrilled.

As will my 4 year old.

"Papi, is this show over yet? Why is it so loooooooooooooooooooong?"

Sephzilla

What's the story? "We both exclusively worked for a company twenty years ago and kind of look like old people doing goth teenager stuff."

Since HHH/Sting was basically a final WWF vs WCW storyline, it would have worked a lot better with Taker vs Sting since Taker was with WWF longer than HHH and was a bigger part of WWF's legacy than HHH was

jmdajr

Since HHH/Sting was basically a final WWF vs WCW storyline, it would have worked a lot better with Taker vs Sting since Taker was with WWF longer than HHH and was a bigger part of WWF's legacy than HHH was

You get the real one Sunday!

WCW finally get buried for good brother!

Mahonay

Banned
Two hour pre-show, with half an hour over-run on the main show? So we will be watching from 4pm-1030pm!

My wife will be thrilled.

As will my 4 year old.

"Papi, is this show over yet? Why is it so loooooooooooooooooooong?"
My girlfriend has something to go to at 6 so she doesn't have to die a slow death from having wrestling on in the apartment for 6 1/2 hours.

Top Bottom