• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

LOL Elias Samson is not comparable to those two.
It's exactly the same. They know you hate them, so they put them in a scenario where you're free to really, vocally hate them as the tension within you builds, and then you feel good when they get the pie in the face. It's heel shit.

X-Pac heat is we don't want to see you heat and no one wants to see eva.
Don't speak for me! I'm like Corey when she's around. It's always going to be fucking hilarious, like whenever Kevin Owens is around and wants to really punk someone. Eva gets the smarks going, thinking their loud, vocal, enraged reactions to everything she does is them not caring about her, when it's just them getting worked to hell.

Sephzilla

[GWF President Sephzilla steps to the podium]

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to formally announce that at GWF3 we will have the first ever iron man match in GWF history. Zach and Menome have both agreed to the match and have agreed to the following stipulations;

• One; the match will be an iron man match with a 20 to 30 minute time limit. Details on the specific time limit of the match are still under consideration by the GWF front office.
  • Two; in the event that Zach loses the match, the name he will lose control of the "B.J." nickname he has been using lately. The nickname will now be the control of Menome. GWF officially doesn't condone this non-PG nickname.
  • Three; in the event that Menome loses the match, he will rescind the right to the word "filth". Right of the filth catchphrase will become property of Zach.
  • Four; in the event of a draw the match will be restarted under sudden death rules with a no disqualification stipulation in place.
Further stipulations and details of this match will be announced at a later date. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all at GWF3. Please be sure to buy tickets to our GWF Live Event House Shows and subscribe to GWF Network!

I literally skip all Elias Samson matches.
Why wouldn't you if you dislike him + have seen enough wrestling to get what's going to happen? That's what heels do! People in the '70s and '80s would've fuckin' loved to FF through heel shit instead of having to yell about it in the arena.

When the Drifter appears on the main roster after WM, he's going to get booed out of the building, and it will be incredible. This is wrestling, man.

Mahonay

Banned

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to formally announce that at GWF3 we will have the first ever iron man match in GWF history. Zach and Menome have both agreed to the match and have agreed to the following stipulations;

• One; the match will be an iron man match with a 20 to 30 minute time limit. Details on the specific time limit of the match are still under consideration by the GWF front office.
  • Two; in the event that Zach loses the match, the name he will lose control of the "B.J." nickname he has been using lately. The nickname will now be the control of Menome. GWF officially doesn't condone this non-PG nickname.
  • Three; in the event that Menome loses the match, he will rescind the right to the word "filth". Right of the filth catchphrase will become property of Zach.
Further stipulations and details of this match will be announced at a later date. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all at GWF3. Please be sure to buy tickets to our GWF Live Event House Shows and subscribe to GWF Network!
RcBFNBT.gif

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Who are the rumored upcoming NXT signings? Adam Cole? Kairi Hojo? Kyle O'Reilly? Bobby Fish? Lio Rush, Dalton Castle? Mike Bennett? Maria Kanellis?

Mahonay

Banned
Why wouldn't you if you dislike him + have seen enough wrestling to get what's going to happen? That's what heels do! People in the '70s and '80s would've fuckin' loved to FF through heel shit instead of having to yell about it in the arena.
Lol I don't think their goal is to get me to turn off the wrestling.

I watch Roman and Eva stuff, because yeah they get legitimate heat and there's presence there.

Elias fucking sucks.

Who are the rumored upcoming NXT signings? Adam Cole? Kairi Hojo? Kyle O'Reilly? Bobby Fish? Lio Rush, Dalton Castle? Mike Bennett? Maria Kanellis?
Whole bunch of ladies for the women's tournament in two months! I want Thunderkitty, Saraya Knight, Lufisto, Vanessa Kraven, and Su Yung.

Lol I don't think their goal is to get me to turn off the wrestling.

I watch Roman and Eva stuff, because yeah they get legitimate heat and there's presence there.

Elias fucking sucks.
You're not turning off wrestling. You're watching it weekly and commenting about it constantly. You just don't like your heels, but for some reason you think you're above that emotion.

Caderfix

When the Drifter appears on the main roster after WM, he's going to get booed out of the building, and it will be incredible. This is wrestling, man.

A good heel would make people want to watch the match due to the possibility of him/her being defeated. If you make people stop watching you are not a good heel, you are a bad wrestling character.

Sephzilla

A good heel would make people want to watch the match due to the possibility of him/her being defeated. If you make people stop watching you are not a good heel, you are a bad wrestling character.

This is also why Attitude Era Vince McMahon worked so well as a heel while Stephanie McMahon is completely unbearable.

kiguel182

On the new breed vs ECW Originals with CM Punk, Elijah Burke did a nice elbow from the top rope. Rest of the match was just spots but it was short and sweet I guess.

Also, this early, CM Punk has star written all over him. Crazy WWE never figured it out.

He's only had boring squash matches or has been the person being squashed.

This is going to read really silly after his Loser Leaves NXT match this week.

Sephzilla

Eva Marie absolutely carries X-Pac heat at this point. Everyone knows she's the drizzling shits in the ring. She's not good on the microphone. She doesn't even really have a gimmick beyond "she's hot". Eva Marie showing up is bathroom break material because you know you're going to get nothing good out of a segment involving her.

Zach

• Four; in the event of a draw the match will be restarted under sudden death rules with a no disqualification stipulation in place.

Beautiful!

Although, if it goes to a draw, I think the feud should continue into GWF 4. Maybe... with even higher stakes!

The decades-long wrestling fan in me doesn't understand why you guys think the heels are supposed to be entertaining to you. It's a lucky thing you only sometimes get with funny stars like Flair.

If you're turning it off for one person in hours-long shows with dozens of other people, you probably just aren't interested in the product at all. Or the babyfaces aren't convincing and engaging enough for you to want to see them succeed. Or you're exaggerating here.

Mahonay

Banned
You're not turning off wrestling. You're watching it weekly and commenting about it constantly. You just don't like your heels, but for some reason you think you're above that emotion.
I'm literally fast forwarding when Elias Samson shows up on screen. I am factually not watching him.

I never talk about Elias because he is awful and useless. When someone tries to compare him to a Roman Reigns, yes I'm going to chime in.

Your bad opinion elicits emotion, dadeh.

Sephzilla

The decades-long wrestling fan in me doesn't understand why you guys think the heels are supposed to be entertaining you. If you're turning it off for one person in hours-long shows with dozens of other people, you probably just aren't interested in the product at all. Or you're exaggerating here.

A solid villain who you want to see be defeated is entertaining. All of the greatest heels in the history of the business were people you still tuned in to see, or see get beat. A villain who makes you disinterested in a story or makes you not watch the product at all is a bad villain - this is something that is true beyond just wrestling.

The decades-long wrestling fan in me doesn't understand why you guys think the heels are supposed to be entertaining to you. It's a lucky thing you only sometimes get with funny stars like Flair.

If you're turning it off for one person in hours-long shows with dozens of other people, you probably just aren't interested in the product at all. Or the babyfaces aren't convincing and engaging enough for you to want to see them succeed. Or you're exaggerating here.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/94/False-Dilemma

Spend a few more decades reading this.

Eva Marie absolutely carries X-Pac heat at this point. Everyone knows she's the drizzling shits in the ring. She's not good on the microphone. She doesn't even really have a gimmick beyond "she's hot". Eva Marie showing up is bathroom break material because you know you're going to get nothing good out of a segment involving her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak7iRejCxHc

The reaction at the pin here isn't X-Pac Heat. That would be people sitting on their hands not caring that this conclusion happened.

Are you saying the characters aren't black and white anymore? That this thinking is... passe?

Good! Me too!

Caderfix

Maybe the decades-long wrestling fan should open his mind and read the replies sent to him. If I HATE a heel and want to see him being beaten up or put in his/her place, I'd watch the show hoping such thing would happen. If a heel makes me stop watching, like Eva for example (the only person that causes me to skip matches when I'm watching the product, other than Enzo and Cass), it's because there's no real heat there, it's just boring.

Having that in mind, is only my opinion about her, and you are entitled to your own, but I don't see how that's something hard to understand.

Sephzilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak7iRejCxHc

The reaction at the pin here isn't X-Pac Heat. That would be people sitting on their hands not caring that this conclusion happened.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that this match happened when Bayley was the most over person in NXT. The pop that happened here was a combination of Bayley in general being the most over person on the roster at the time (aka: a pop like that was inevitable) and people being happy that we were past the Eva Marie storyline at this point. If you factor in the bigger context of that storyline and Eva's NXT run in general, she was getting full on X-Pac heat.

I'm literally fast forwarding when Elias Samson shows up on screen. I am factually not watching him.

I never talk about Elias because he is awful and useless. When someone tries to compare him to a Roman Reigns, yes I'm going to chime in.

Your bad opinion elicits emotion, dadeh.
I haven't seen a single Bray Wyatt segment in probably a year. Doesn't mean he isn't a top heel.

Maybe the decades-long wrestling fan should open his mind and read the replies sent to him. If I HATE a heel and want to see him being beaten up or put in his/her place, I'd watch the show hoping such thing would happen. If a heel makes me stop watching, like Eva for example (the only person that causes me to skip matches when I'm watching the product, other than Enzo and Cass), it's because there's no real heat there, it's just boring.

Having that in mind, is only my opinion about her, and you are entitled to your own, but I don't see how that's something hard to understand.
She hasn't been on TV in a year and people still talk about her. She's over, regardless of any of our personal opinions on her wrestling talent. This has been how wrestling has been since I've ever known it.

On the new breed vs ECW Originals with CM Punk, Elijah Burke did a nice elbow from the top rope. Rest of the match was just spots but it was short and sweet I guess.

Also, this early, CM Punk has star written all over him. Crazy WWE never figured it out.
The thing that made punk punk they didn't allow him to do until what? 3 years later?

She seemed to be making good progress before her unfortunate suspension.

Zach

I'm only half-paying attention to you guys and your Eva Marie, etc. bickering, but I just want to say: that Bayley match she had was a lot of fun.

Classic Bayley, AM I RIGHT?!

Sephzilla

Nobody talks about Eva Marie anymore, the only reason it got brought up was because someone here remembered that she's been gone for a year. And her return to the main roster went over like a giant wet fart.

If you're talking about someone, they're over.

Anyone have strong opinions on Dolph Ziggler and Apollo Crews they want to fight about with me for hours?

Someone mentioned Ziggler on this page. Someone talked about Ziggler! This is irrefutable proof that he's over!

X-Pac heat isn't a good thing, no matter how much the gimmick posters say it is.
X-Pac heat came from his gradual lessening of heat ending with him in a tag team with Albert and Justin Credible called the X-Factor. No one cared, and they were greeted with silence or the crowd going mild. This is nothing close to any reaction Eva Marie has had since mid-2015.

Top Bottom